Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Official Twilight Soundtrack

Post by shortstuff »

LamoreVincera wrote:I'm gonna gain instant unpopularity here by saying this, I think, but - I don't like Bella's Lullaby. (My brain's currently going "Way to make friends, n00b." lol)

Well, let me clarify. What is Bella's Lullaby, in my completely unprofessional opinion, shouldn't have been labeled as such. It was background scoring for a montage scene. What I wish is that Carter Burwell (or, hell, even Rob) had written a separate piece for it. If they couldn't play it in the movie, hey. Fine. But put it on the soundtrack.

Don't get me wrong - you'd hear me griping if Mr. Burwell had pulled something that sounded like Brahms' Lullaby out, too... But the piece just didn't FIT. Given that it's about Bella, I expected a little discordance in the piece (it IS about Bella, after all - lol), but it felt like the majority of the piece was, and heading into minor key for much of it. I certainly don't think that an 108-year vampire's gonna write something completely in a major key that's all rainbows and sunshine, but this just didn't feel right.

Aaaand I'll shut my trap now. lol
i TOTALLY agree! first of all, it sounds NOTHING like bella's lullaby is described. secondly, they played it SO much through the movie, but they never even explained what it was supposed to be.

when the soundtrack list first came out, there was some confusion about the actual bella's lullaby. and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQME-ChSwNM was confused with the real one. in my opinion this version is MUCH better and sounds more like what i imagined for bella's lullaby.. its too bad its not the real one.
shortstuff

Post by shortstuff »

edwardisperfection wrote:Ok, so I have a bit to say about the Twilight soundtrack.

First of all, its absolutely AWESOME and I love it to death.
I have WAY too many favourite songs.
Full Moon, Decode, Eyes on Fire, Flightless Bird American Mouth. I love them all, but those are my favourites.

Full Moon has me hooked right now, I don't really know why. It's just GOOD.
Eyes on Fire... I'm pretty much obsessed. Ive played it about 50 times. IT gives me shivers.
Decode, I've liked it since it came out, and Paramore are an awesome band, but I didnt see it in the movie! Was anyone else extremely ticked off about that? Like all the advertising about it and then it wasn't even in it. GRRR
Flightless Bird, American Mouth is just a cute song, it's beautiful. Very good for the prom scene.

And the bonus track, Let Me Sign......... HANDS DOWN MOST INCREDIBLE SONG. I watch the movie and cry during when Edward is sucking the venom out of Bella. ITs ridiculous but I don't care, something about that song just gets me. Rob Pattinson definitely needs to do an album. I put that song on when I'm going to sleep. Ahhhh, words cant describe the effect it has on me.

In conclusion I reckon they did a pretty awesome job on the soundtrack, although i still don't know why they didn't put "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls on it, it would have been perfect.
youre right, they didnt play decode in the movie and i was SO SAD! it was the 2nd or third song in the credits.. they did play 'i caught myself' very faintly in the background when the girls are dress shopping in port angeles.

but i have to say, the soundtrack was one of the best things about the movie. best ones songs for the movie: 'full moon' while bella is travelling to forks, 'eyes on fire' was eerily perfect for when bella is looking for edward at school, iron&wine was so sweet during the prom scene, and supermassive black hole was AWESOME for the baseball scene. AND 'let me sign' was BREATHTAKING, and beautifully placed in that scene.. rob's voice was just so heartbreaking and matched with the flashbacks, i very nearly teared up...
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

I always loved Supermassive Black Hole, so I was very glad to see it on the baseball scene, which surprisingly, ended up being my favorite scene in the movie.

Iron & Wine's Flightless Bird American Flag was absolutely breathtaking. That song is amazing, it couldn't have been more romantic in a non-cheesy way. Kudos to Kristen Stewart for suggesting that song for the prom scene. The girl has good taste in music.

Also loved the Full Moon song. Perfect for the Forks intro.

Overall the soundtrack was pretty good. But then again, Alex Patsavas was the music supervisor for this movie, and if you guys imdb.com her, you will see her resume is pretty impressive (The O.C., Grey's Anatomy etc).

Oh, and of course, how incredible is Rob Pattinson as a musician? Let Me Sign brings me to tears, frequently.

My second favorite scene of the movie, and because of the score, was the scene where he's playing piano and then cut to where they're climbing that humongous tree, and the aerial view. It really makes up for some of the parts of the movie that I didn't really care for.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
shortstuff

Post by shortstuff »

lilmisstrouble wrote: Overall the soundtrack was pretty good. But then again, Alex Patsavas was the music supervisor for this movie, and if you guys imdb.com her, you will see her resume is pretty impressive (The O.C., Grey's Anatomy etc).
ooh really? i didnt know that! very impressive resume indeed... Grey's Anatomy soundtrack = awesome. lets hope they keep him(her?) for NM..
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

shortstuff wrote:
ooh really? i didnt know that! very impressive resume indeed... Grey's Anatomy soundtrack = awesome. lets hope they keep him(her?) for NM..
It's a she, Alexandra Patsavas. Yeah, the lady's pretty good, and if they're wise, they will definitely keep her for New Moon.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

Twilight OST is still in the top 10 of Billboard 200 chart (nine consecutive weeks now)

I'm pretty surprised with the OST. I didn't expect to like all the songs but I did! SupermassiveBH is currently my wake music in the morning.

Love the FULL MOON song.
LET ME SIGN. What can I say. I love this song and the scene sooo much...Edward: I'll make it go away Bella. I'll make it go away." awwww *sniff*
SUPERMASSIVE BH. sooo cool. love love love the Baseball scene.
FLIGHTLESS BIRD. oookay. First of all the prom scene. Best ever. plus the song...makes it sooo heartbreaking. Everytime I listen to this song, all I can think of is the prom scene, Bella's sad sad face, and Edward's torn expression.

"No on is surrendering tonight. But I won't give in. I know what I want."

I love Bella's Lullaby. I admit that I love River Flows in You, too. But Carter's version of BL just fits the movie better.
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
.:Twilight-Dream:.
Settled in Forks

Post by .:Twilight-Dream:. »

What song are they playing here?: http://www.twilightthemovie.com/

Open the site, paus the trailer and wait. What song?! IM IN LOVE WHIT IT!!!
And Bellas Lullaby, omg it's amazing!! And SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE?!?! :D :D :D<33333
GAH the best soundtrack eveer :D
shortstuff

Post by shortstuff »

.:Twilight-Dream:. wrote:What song are they playing here?: http://www.twilightthemovie.com/

Open the site, paus the trailer and wait. What song?! IM IN LOVE WHIT IT!!!
And Bellas Lullaby, omg it's amazing!! And SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE?!?! :D :D :D<33333
GAH the best soundtrack eveer :D
i have no idea, but im pretty sure they used this as background music in the movie...

i think it was the scene where she is looking at info online and realizes edward is a vampire and then when she walks into the forest and he follows her...
allisonlovesedward
Settled in Forks

Post by allisonlovesedward »

my hubby suprised me with the soundtrack today :D

i was so excited and suprised because he's not as into twilight as i am and he doesn't understand why i'm so obsessed.

(he still hates the series because during the time that i was reading the books i was almost in a trance lol. like i stayed up all night reading and all i wanted to do all the time was read until all four books were done.)

but he bought the soundtrack for me anyway... *sigh*

and i LOVE every song on it! i was suprised at how good rob's song was. even though he didn't really sing much in it the music itself was AWESOME.
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

My thoughts about the soundtrack, hmm. I was kinda sad that they didn't use more of paramore or make the music in the background louder at least but I did enjoy the song they used in the baseball scene, I think its my favorite along with the ending credit song. (I wonder why they didn't include that in the soundtrack?)

As for Bella's lullaby, I was a tad disappointed with that as well. I can hear a bit of the piano in it but then they add all this orchestral stuff and used it 80% of the time throughout the movie and eh. At that point, I wouldve prefered Yurima's River Flows In You and a longer piano scene.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.