Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sanrio78
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight movie~ Who played it best?

Post by sanrio78 »

For me ,they all played it well. Definitely, there are some scenes that they can improve on. I couldn't imagine replacing any of the cast in the Twilight movie. To me, I can't see 100% match on the leading characters from the movie to the book, but I think they were all the right/perfect actors/actresses to play the characters in the Twilight series. The physical might be 100% match but I think how the characters act can't come as close to the 100% of the details of the imagination laid out in the book. I'm stating the obvious reason - sorry. Anyways, I really love all the actors/actresses that were cast on the movie. I couldn't imagine picking anybody else. Can't say that enough!
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

i loved charlie! he was so good at being the akward dad, and when he cocks his file just before meeting ward.. that was HILARIOUS.

i really liked carlsile.. i didnt really have a clear image in my head of him from the book, but peter brought him to life.. the only thing was he looked SO WHITE when he first walked into the hospital, i nearly laughed.. but thats not his fault.

ALICE! i wish there was more of her in the movie. she was SO GOOD.

i actually liked rosalie in terms of acting like a ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch, lol, but she didnt LOOK as "beautiful" as she is described in the book (probably because nikki reed is naturally a tanned brunette,so she loked a bit strange, but the acting was spot on)

emmet wasnt how i pictured him, but i liked it! he seemed like a genuinely nice fun guy, played the jock part well.

for some reason i imagined esee older (more motherly, i suppose) but she was alright.. i think the problem is everytime i see that actress, i think of rebecca/ava from grey's anatomy..

jasper.. im sorry but he looked CONSTIPATED for the entire movie!! i laughed out loud everytime he was on screen.. it was pretty bad..

james was not how i imagined him, but i liked him, he did a really good job. victoria was really fun too.

everyone seemed to dislike angela, but i actually quite liked her! she seemed just as sweet to me as she is described in the book..jessica was really good too. eric kind of annoyed me, but he got better.. and i like that they made taylor black, lol. mike could have been cuter, lol, but he did a good job.

jacob was alright for me... when i first heard he might be recast for new moon, i felt really bad for him.. but after seeing him in twilight, i have to say i wont be THAT dissapointed. while taylor has the sweet friendliness of jacob, they way he speaks seems makes him seem really immature and i have a hard time seeing him grow up into jacob the werewolf..

im not a big fan of kristin or rob, but they werent horrible.... i see the potential in them with better direction (and a better script!) so im not too bothered..
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

shortstuff wrote:i loved charlie! he was so good at being the akward dad, and when he cocks his file just before meeting ward.. that was HILARIOUS.

i really liked carlsile.. i didnt really have a clear image in my head of him from the book, but peter brought him to life.. the only thing was he looked SO WHITE when he first walked into the hospital, i nearly laughed.. but thats not his fault.

i actually liked rosalie in terms of acting like a ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch, lol, but she didnt LOOK as "beautiful" as she is described in the book (probably because nikki reed is naturally a tanned brunette,so she loked a bit strange, but the acting was spot on)

emmet wasnt how i pictured him, but i liked it! he seemed like a genuinely nice fun guy, played the jock part well.

for some reason i imagined esee older (more motherly, i suppose) but she was alright.. i think the problem is everytime i see that actress, i think of rebecca/ava from grey's anatomy..

jasper.. im sorry but he looked CONSTIPATED for the entire movie!! i laughed out loud everytime he was on screen.. it was pretty bad..

james was not how i imagined him, but i liked him, he did a really good job. victoria was really fun too.

everyone seemed to dislike angela, but i actually quite liked her! she seemed just as sweet to me as she is described in the book..jessica was really good too. eric kind of annoyed me, but he got better.. and i like that they made taylor black, lol. mike could have been cuter, lol, but he did a good job.

jacob was alright for me... when i first heard he might be recast for new moon, i felt really bad for him.. but after seeing him in twilight, i have to say i wont be THAT dissapointed. while taylor has the sweet friendliness of jacob, they way he speaks seems makes him seem really immature and i have a hard time seeing him grow up into jacob the werewolf..

im not a big fan of kristin or rob, but they werent horrible.... i see the potential in them with better direction (and a better script!) so im not too bothered..
I think it was good that Carlisle was so pale. Because he is th eoldest and they said that the oldest is palest...
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
shortstuff

Post by shortstuff »

maddy<3twilight wrote:
shortstuff wrote:i loved charlie! he was so good at being the akward dad, and when he cocks his file just before meeting ward.. that was HILARIOUS.

I think it was good that Carlisle was so pale. Because he is th eoldest and they said that the oldest is palest...
really? i didnt know that, i guess it makes sense!
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

shortstuff wrote:
maddy<3twilight wrote:

really? i didnt know that, i guess it makes sense!
Ya because she said Aro was like chalky white. Whitest she has ever seen. So I am guessing that they get paler as they get older...
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
Oh Rosalie!
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Harper's Island. Hiding from John Wakefield and Henry Dunn.

Post by Oh Rosalie! »

i think its jasper, the whole pain in the face thing was really hard to keep up and i think that he has done a very very good job :D
*Lamb*I*Am*

Post by *Lamb*I*Am* »

Hi :)
From memory (and please correct me if I'm wrong!), I think Aro & the other ancient's had their different skin colour/transparency due to 2 different things....their age & their feeding habits.
In BD, the Romanians explained that they looked that way because they chose not to hunt for so long...staying "on their thrones" & having their food delivered straight to them???

There aren't any of the actor's that I would change.

I liked each of them for different reasons...

Edward in my humble opinion was spot on. RP did a FANTASTIC job :) Alice was perfect. I just love her character & Ashley did a great job.
I really like Rose aswell. And Bella...ofcourse :) Oh & Emmet & Jasper... Kellan did a great job! He's HOT.LOL
Oh...and did I forget Carlisle & Emse? Dammit.
As I said...I like them all....
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

I just saw it for the 8th time yesterday, and I have now come to a conclusion. A couple of people really stood out to me:
Edward: Not many actors can portray an fictional character so well. He got down the fact that he can't be some pretty boy and be just fine. There is a lot of hurt in Edward-a lot of struggling-and I think that Rob did excellent. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

Emmett: With the few lines he got, he nailed them. He looks EXACTLY like how I pictured him. Its not even funny how similar the picture in my head and Kellan look. Its amazing.

Carlisle: I really got into his character in the movie. Kind of like what Billy Burke did with Charlie. Peter just made Carlisle come to life and added something new to his character.

Alice: Better than I had ever hoped. She walked right, spoke right, looked right...she'd just great.

I LOVED the entire cast, but those are just the ones who REALLY stood out to me. But yes, I love the cast, and I think they all did brilliantly. There was nobody that I was absolutely against in any way. :D
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Dazzled_by.....JAMES
Settled in Forks

Post by Dazzled_by.....JAMES »

James!!! He is soooo hott!
Kinda scary too though:) :lol:
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" - Edward Cullen

"Do I dazzle you" - Edward Cullen

"You're my life now. You're the only thing it would hurt to lose" - Edward Cullen
Alessandra_
Settled in Forks

Post by Alessandra_ »

sanrio78 wrote:For me ,they all played it well. Definitely, there are some scenes that they can improve on. I couldn't imagine replacing any of the cast in the Twilight movie. To me, I can't see 100% match on the leading characters from the movie to the book, but I think they were all the right/perfect actors/actresses to play the characters in the Twilight series. The physical might be 100% match but I think how the characters act can't come as close to the 100% of the details of the imagination laid out in the book. I'm stating the obvious reason - sorry. Anyways, I really love all the actors/actresses that were cast on the movie. I couldn't imagine picking anybody else. Can't say that enough!
I concur :)

The actors/actresses picked were the best for the part, although not exactly what I had in my mind.

I was a little disappointed, but when I stopped comparing it to the book and my imagined characters, I think they did a good job!

Carlisle was spot-on, in my opinion. Also... Esme (could have been a bit more motherly, but she was lovely!), Alice (when they were playing baseball, her graceful-ness was perfect), Jasper, Rosalie and Emmett (maybe a bit too 'jock') were almost exactly how I'd imagined them. Edward and Bella were more wrong in terms of acting than in terms of appearance. I think their relationship and personalities were portrayed odd!