Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Bac: As for staying up til 1am - I only wish I went to bed around then. I can't fall asleep until later than that. I was awake at 5am this morning. I watched Cordelia fail miserably this morning on Angel. It doesn't matter how tired I am, I guess. I finally fell asleep, but was awakened with a minor coronary when my husband opened the bedroom door at 10am booming "Hey! It's 10 o'clock. You said you wanted up then." My body went on full alert. I hate that. He left while my head was spinning and I was still shaking from being scared. How rude! I finally crawled out of bed at noon when he came back and said, "That book you ordered is in."

BSL & Gang: Our bees story prove how much set-up and context improves a story. Saying I was stung by a bee isn't as funny as saying I was stung by a bee below and between the girls and had to run into my house while taking off my shirt. Did I mention my neighbor - one of our local boys in blue - was outside as well? *hangs head*

I don't really have any knock knock jokes, but my 3 year old godson, Austin, has one:

Austin: knock knock
Me: Who is it?
Austin: Silence! I kill you! (and then he runs away squealing)

*sigh* Like, VampMan, my lil jokester is an Achmed fan.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

To go with the bee stories...my mom was mowing her yard in a tank top and shorts and ran over a yellowjacket's nest. Needless to say the bees didn't like that and swarmed her. She jumped off her mower ripped her shirt off(she wasn't wearing a bra either) and starts running to the house shaking her shirt to try and get them off her. When we saw her we didn't have a clue what was going on, we thought that she had finally gone crazy and was running around the yard half-naked. She survived her stings(she had many) but the neighbors bring it up at least once every summer and thank her for the show she gave.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I sadly wish my bee story was exciting. I was seven I think, playing outside with my partner-in-crime, my best friend, and I stepped on the bee. Didn't think much until the burning started. Then ran screaming to mom. I'm still not scared of bees, but keep those wasps away.

Wasp story: Was going to our family cabin in the woods with my parents. I was early twenties. As we were unloading the car, we walked back and forth in front of the wreath that hung next to the door. No big deal, until the family of wasps that had recently moved it decided we were the enemy. I take that back, not WE, but ME! Yes, I walk by after making sure the car is loaded to go in and rest to only be swarmed. Oh, yes, the little family of 4 wasps attacked me...I was stung three or four times in the neck before I got into the house. My mom got me some ice and I sat down to rest and they'd finish unpacking stuff. Next thing I know my mom is shaking me awake. I had fallen asleep and they didn't notice until I'd been out for over an hour. She thought I was dead. It's funny now, but with my allergies she didn't think that I might be allergic until I was sleeping so soundly and still. Then she panicked in true mom style. Don't know if I'm allergic, but because of that experience I just avoid them.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Oh, Kym - that's too funny! Great story!

Una: Eeep! That story wasn't so funny, my SuperTwin. Bright side: at least you didn't have to load anything else. :twisted:

Nima: The bulkier viking guy would be a perfect Wren. Trust me.
Una's Wulf is purrrfect as well.

I had an epiphany a few minutes ago. Or an aneurysm ..we'll see. I'll edit my post if it works out.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

BlueStarlight wrote:
LadyDi wrote:...but when it comes to the Black Dagger Brotherhood... They are pretty extreme. I don't think I would have even understood what some of the things occurring were until after I was married!
Sadly, me too. :oops:

I scrolled back 4 pages to respond to you BSL. I wouldn't consider it sad - just think, you were a sweet young thing and only realized the "pleasures of the flesh" with your one and only special guy. Not to put down anyone who had read it without experiencing it, or experienced it before reading it. (You understand what I mean, right folks? I don't want to offend anyone by suggesting that one path is better than another. For me personally, I'm glad I discovered BDB when I did - in my 30s. I read Michael Ondaatje's "Billy the Kid" book of poems in university and my mind was warped from the experience (then again, it was more surreal and disgusting and graphic than just graphic).

Nissanmama, how do you come up with your QOTDs? They elicit such great discussion! I never realized how many people got stung by stepping on bees. That's what happened to me - I was a child and walking barefoot. It caught me right in the instep - not in the touch heel where I could handle my mother's approach to stingers and splinters - digging it out with a needle - not sure what's worse, the sting or the cure!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote: I don't really have any knock knock jokes, but my 3 year old godson, Austin, has one:

Austin: knock knock
Me: Who is it?
Austin: Silence! I kill you! (and then he runs away squealing)

*sigh* Like, VampMan, my lil jokester is an Achmed fan.
Oh my gosh - That is so freaking hillarious! I have issues with knock knock jokes. My preschool classes always tell knock knock jokes and my rule is you can only tell them to your friends. #1, they are not funny at 3, usually. Most of the joke is missing. #2, I don't find most jokes funny. #3, that Achmed joke was funny.

Thanks Vampman for the into to Achmed!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

VampLover wrote:I love knock knock jokes, they never fail to make me laugh.

Here's my all time favorite:
Knock knock
who's there?
Banana
Banana who?
knock knock
who's there?
banana
banana who?
knock knock
who's there?
orange
orange who?
orange you glad I didn't say banana
I was going to use that one, and I remember that one told by many of my friends

The other one around for me was this

Knock Knock
Whose there?
Dead
Dead Who?
Dead ant Dead Ant... Sung to the toon of the old pink panther cartoons. bad bad but that was also popular in school with my friends.
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

I wasn't going to answer the topic of bees, but I guess I can't help myself. I am deathly afraid of bees. They are the ONE thing that just scares the %#$* out of me. But, I've never been stung. I have seen others, and that scares me enough.

Once, we were at a relative's house picking raspberries, and walked around the other side of the fence. My dad was in the lead, then a brother, then a sister and me, about 15-20 feet behind each of us. Suddenly, bro starts screaming, and Dad turns around. Bro is standing in a pile of decomposing weeds, and is being attacked by bees. Turns out, they're the kind that don't lose their stingers, they just keep stinging. Dad picks up bro and carries him a away from the pile while he starts slapping the bees to kill them. Sis and I stand there watching and screaming. When the incident was over, bro had ~100 stings all over his arms, legs and torso, and so did Dad.

One sister is allergic, and has been stung several times. Her reaction has gotten worse every time, and if she gets stung again, she'll probably have to start carrying an epi-pen.

My closest bee experience was swimming. Indoor pool, diving board. As I was getting ready to jump, a bees flies around me, and I freak out. I end up falling off the board, and was just inches away from hitting my head on the edge of the pool. The lifeguard almost jumped in thinking I HAD hit my head. At the time, I was about 12/13 years old (don't know for sure).

So, I've never been stung, but when a bee has flown in the house, I'll leave until hubby gets it out. I try not to react, but I can't help it. I have a physical reaction every time.

Knock knock jokes. Personally, I think most of them are pretty stupid, but when my son was little, he had a favorite.

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Police.
Police who?
Police let me in, it's freezing out here.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Aw, Di, thanks for that. You know, I was "well-informed" of baking, but there are certain things that a good church girl just doesn't know about. :roll: I'm well past the blush factor, and not much shocks me anymore...except when I'm in public. It's become easier to talk about it with my girlfriends, though, over the past several years. I just have to block out the guy's face in my head... weird, I know, but that's just me. :lol:

Hubby downloaded a new computer cleaner last night...maybe that's why I didn't get an email notification on this thread. Knock-knock jokes? Man, I can't even think of any right now. My little sister used to tell me ones when she was young, like 5-8, that made no sense at all.

I have really enjoyed reading all the bee stories. It's no fun getting stung, but it's surely funny to read the circumstances and reactions to being stung.
CherryKnots
Settled in Forks

Post by CherryKnots »

Awwww... Shucks! y'all remembered my Lexiversary! Thank you!!!

Yeah... I'm behind on the Gutter. Still.

QOTD: Bee Sting story... I dont have a bee sting story. The only time I've been stung is when I was 11 and a hornet flew out of a doorjamb and got me on the inside of my upper arm. OWIE! I have, however, had a minor hissy fit when I walked under a willow tree and there were a bazillion spiders hanging from webs... those lil buggers were in my hair, and i KNEW they were down my shirt, etc... so, yeah... the shirt came off, but I was wearing my bikini top.

PSD: yum, Nima! I'm still drooling at the idea of Simon Baker (The Mentalist) playing Carlisle... He IS TRULY the Carlisle I have in my head when i read.

Raise your hand if you're freezing and there's snow outside your house! *raises hand* The thing I hate most about the Winter in Michigan is the snow. I don't like to be cold at all. So... What are YOUR favorite things to do to keep warm when the weather isn't cooperating???

Um... baking. creating the tropical rain forest effect in a room. I also like to cuddle up with my love and watch movies or LOST. We sip cocoa, and eat popcorn. As well as *inner monologue*. Um. yeah. When I can't be with him, however, I have a heating pad and my laptop generates quite a bit of warmth! Not the same though.
CherryKnots is the VampBard!
It is possible to be utterly, and completely dazzled. Having your breath taken away each and every time you're enveloped in his arms-bliss.

Banner by the wonderful and talented VampCandy, Nena!