A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mikkib
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 23 ~ The Truth

Post by mikkib »

So what did everyone think of her epiphany? I love the whole time she kept thinking she was dreaming or delusional and when she tells him she was risking her life in stupid ways to hear his voice.
lilmisstrouble
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

mikkib wrote:So what did everyone think of her epiphany? I love the whole time she kept thinking she was dreaming or delusional and when she tells him she was risking her life in stupid ways to hear his voice.
Oh, her epiphany was great. I loved how she realized that the voices in her head were her subconscious reminding her that Edward did love her unconditionally and their bond was stronger than time, place and circumstance. Or something like that, better put by S.M. herself. That was beautiful to read and it gave me goosebumps.

Makes me wanna move to Forks to find love like that.

I also liked how in the beginning, she just wanted to "cheat" on her promise that she made him that she would stay out of trouble. She felt like he had broken his promise so she felt the need to sabotage her end of the bargain. That was a coping mechanism that was so easy to relate to, so close to reality. And then she ends up hearing his voice instead. If there's such a thing as soul mates, that's probably how it goes.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

This is one of my favorite chapters of the whole series. Its just so cute and romantic. I love the whole "Crap I did die!" thing, and Edward trying to convince Bella of his love makes me swoon.
ImageImageImageImageImage
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

1. When Bella thinks that she has died she states, "If I was in hell, you wouldn't be with me." What do you think she means by that?
That hell is supposed to be a bad place and that no place can be bad with Edward in them.

2. In the part where Edward is telling Bella that he should have been more careful before he went to Italy, he says, "What was I supposed to think when the boy said Charlie was at the funeral? What are the odds?" Edward contemplates "the odds" what do you think he is thinking about then?
Romeo & Juliet?

3. Edward has a plan for if and when the Volturi come to check on Bella. Do you think the Cullens would actually have a chance against them on their own?
I don't think so. Not with their Guard and everything.

4. At the end of the chapter Bella decides to put her mortality to a vote. What do you think made her come to this decision? What is Edward thinking when he hears why she wants to go to his house?
She knows that that's the only way to win this argument. Edward probably thinks that it'll happen someday so why not take her there immediately and get the vote over with.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
CrazilyObsessed024

1. When Bella thinks that she has died she states, "If I was in hell, you wouldn't be with me." What do you think she means by that?
Edward is the best thing in her life, so if she were sent to hell to be punished, there is no way he would be with her. Because she would be happy no matter what.

2. In the part where Edward is telling Bella that he should have been more careful before he went to Italy, he says, "What was I supposed to think when the boy said Charlie was at the funeral? What are the odds?" Edward contemplates "the odds" what do you think he is thinking about then?
The odds. As in fate, everything that happens, etc. Exactly what he says. "The odds" you know the saying.

3. Edward has a plan for if and when the Volturi come to check on Bella. Do you think the Cullens would actually have a chance against them on their own?
Possibly, the Volturi don't seem to like to fight. I think it would get close. Maybe just Edward would be punished... and then the others would cave in. And they would go bite Bella. Ha ha.

4. At the end of the chapter Bella decides to put her mortality to a vote. What do you think made her come to this decision? What is Edward thinking when he hears why she wants to go to his house?
She now has an excuse to overrule his opinion.
"Oh no." ha ha
cullens_love

Post by cullens_love »

Were you guys surprised that Edward was kind of upset that Bella did believe Edward didn`t love her anymore. But what should she have done?? Would he have left if she said that they in the woods that she doesn`t belive him?
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
CrazilyObsessed024

cullens_love wrote:Were you guys surprised that Edward was kind of upset that Bella did believe Edward didn`t love her anymore. But what should she have done?? Would he have left if she said that they in the woods that she doesn`t belive him?
I wasn't surprised, it would hurt me if someone didn't believe I loved them so easily. He thinks she is the best thing ever, so it hurts him that she puts herself so low and thinks there is no way he can love her, it is frustrating I am sure.

I was frustrated with her. I was so sad for her, but at the same time I was like "Idiot! Of course he loves you! He has told you he wants to leave so you can be safe! That is OBVIOUSLY what he is doing!" :lol:

If she refused to believe him, he would have stood there and lied to her for hours until she believe him (510 NM)
mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

Post by mind_over_matter286 »

She means that Edward can't belong to a bad place,such as hell. Or,in other words, that Edward belongs to heaven and should even be allowed in hell.

Hmmm, I think he's reminding himself of all the things that happened to them and the things that could happen in the future.

No, the Volturi have to many vamoires in there guard(including the special talents).When Demetri would go back and report they would send more people, and I'm sure they would seach everywhere.

Bellas thinking is actually in the book. She thinks his family is at stake( :lol: ) and they should is they want to put up with a newborn vampire or not.Edward is probably want to know what she is up to, and I'm sure he really want to be able to read her mind right then.
mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

Post by mind_over_matter286 »

CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:
cullens_love wrote:Were you guys surprised that Edward was kind of upset that Bella did believe Edward didn`t love her anymore. But what should she have done?? Would he have left if she said that they in the woods that she doesn`t belive him?
I wasn't surprised, it would hurt me if someone didn't believe I loved them so easily. He thinks she is the best thing ever, so it hurts him that she puts herself so low and thinks there is no way he can love her, it is frustrating I am sure.

I was frustrated with her. I was so sad for her, but at the same time I was like "Idiot! Of course he loves you! He has told you he wants to leave so you can be safe! That is OBVIOUSLY what he is doing!" :lol:
During most of NM Bella thought Edward left her because he didn't want her anymore.When Edward tells her he loves her she couldn't believe him because of that. Then she has her epiphany and everything is awesome again.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. When Bella thinks that she has died she states, "If I was in hell, you wouldn't be with me." What do you think she means by that? It means that Edward, should he die, would go to heaven.

2. In the part where Edward is telling Bella that he should have been more careful before he went to Italy, he says, "What was I supposed to think when the boy said Charlie was at the funeral? What are the odds?" Edward contemplates "the odds" what do you think he is thinking about then? About how of all the places Bella could go, she came to Forks, and how she was the one he both wanted and couldn't have and all of that good stuff.

3. Edward has a plan for if and when the Volturi come to check on Bella. Do you think the Cullens would actually have a chance against them on their own? No, not really. Not without Bella as a vamp.

4. At the end of the chapter Bella decides to put her mortality to a vote. What do you think made her come to this decision? What is Edward thinking when he hears why she wants to go to his house? She hopes that this will bring her the immortality she wants and is the last way. Edward is suspicious and wary.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com