For XY Discussion Only!!

Onin
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: For XY Discussion Only!!

Post by Onin »

Texas here, I get on all the time though, even during class when I can get away with it.
I'd love to have some feedback on my poems and rants. Check the blog on http://www.myspace.com/akaitachi if you have the time! I want some advice and critique, don't worry about offending me.
lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by lightbulb »

I get on here whenever I can, but I'm not exactly on a normal sleep schedule (It's noon here and I just woke up, which is early for me during break).

I have a feeling the Mods are gonna get cranky if we don't steer the conversation back to something Twilighty.

Oh wow I just realized that you said 9pm Friday. That's incredible. It was 2am Thursday for me when that happened. That's wild.

Stupid ADD...

Topics anyone? Questions? Rants or Raves?

We haven't talked about the cars yet, which really surprised me for an all guys forum. I don't know what to say other than they're all really awesome, I like that she put so much thought into each car fitting the character's they belonged to... I would sell my left walnut to own any of them...

And I also dig that Edward is the only really musical one in the family. That's another huge reason I relate to him, because I am the BIGGEST music freak you'll ever meet (even in my college), but I'm the only really musical person in my family. So I'm glad the audiophiles got a little recognition in the form of his character.

Hope this stirs thing up a little bit. Wouldn't want to disappoint all our readers, now would we?
lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by lightbulb »

Hey, guys. I know I post a lot, but whatever. I talked to Bronze Haired Girl, and she wanted me to inform you guys about the ranks. Here's what she sent me:

"... The regular ranks ("Settled in Forks", "Buying a new Raincoat", "Learning to love Green", etc.) change with the number of posts. The Twilight Guy rank is a special rank and will always be there once we change it..."

She also told me to tell you that if you want the "I'm a Proud Twilight Guy" rank to PM her and she'll be sure you get it. Thanks, guys!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Okay someone requested a rant and a rave??
Well... I've been operating primarily in the threads of the three main characters, Jacob, Edward, and Bella.
Throughout my involvement in these threads, I have found out a number of, we'll call them interesting things about the majority of twilight saga fanatics...
One: Despite all attempts to prove otherwise, the majority of the fans on this site are almost entirely pro-Edward, while, well maybe not 'anti-'Jacob, but they certainly don't like him..
Two: A lot of people seem to dislike Bella most of all, which is somewhat odd, considering it IS, to all practical extents and purposes, her story...
Three: Good god, the number of girls who log on here just to pine for, and swoon over one of the male leads (primarily edward, but jacob too... I've even heard them panting for Carlisle, and occasionally even Charlie, If you'll believe it, lol) God bless you girls, don't get mad, I'm just making an observation (innocent smile for the sake of the 600+ girls who have already viewed this site = )...
And Four: The majority of the conversations in the various threads almost entirely tend to center around the confrontation between Edward/Jacob/Bella throughout NM and Eclipse, seemingly forgetting entirely that there are two other books in the series, until I bring it up, in which case they change tack for a few moments then immediately revert to the "Jacob's better, Edward's better" conflict when I'm not looking...
Whatever, how's that for a rant???
thanks
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Onin
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Onin »

I'm just drawing upon generalities, as I've not been here long enough to notice any preferences, but in most conversations the preferences are indicative to a person's demeanor.

Carlisle lovers are more laid back, Edward's team lets people have their way more often, Jacob's are vicious, and I've all but been maimed by the slight attacks aimed at me by the Jasper girls....
I'd love to have some feedback on my poems and rants. Check the blog on http://www.myspace.com/akaitachi if you have the time! I want some advice and critique, don't worry about offending me.
AshleyC
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by AshleyC »

Onin wrote:I'm just drawing upon generalities, as I've not been here long enough to notice any preferences, but in most conversations the preferences are indicative to a person's demeanor.

Carlisle lovers are more laid back, Edward's team lets people have their way more often, Jacob's are vicious, and I've all but been maimed by the slight attacks aimed at me by the Jasper girls....
All true! And I'm still laughing after reading this post a few minutes ago!
Male, England. : )

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profi ... 1&ref=name

Feel Free To Add Meee : )
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Onin wrote:I'm just drawing upon generalities, as I've not been here long enough to notice any preferences, but in most conversations the preferences are indicative to a person's demeanor.

yeah, those jazz fans can be ruthless.. lol
but I disagree with Edward's fans letting people have their way, those are the ones who primarily blame everyone else for the trouble in the series and let edward off the hook, scott-free (i've never understood that saying.. who is scott, and why does his being free have any relevance to people not having to take responsibility for their actions??)
8-)
Onin
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Onin »

It must be referring to Francis Scott Key, he got free, and we got a national anthem. Haha, no clue, but really- Edward fans around here are pretty docile. I've got a disproportional amount of Jazz fans around here though. How, may I ask, can you hate Carlisle though? Or heavily dislike him?
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Onin wrote:It must be referring to Francis Scott Key, he got free, and we got a national anthem. Haha, no clue, but really- Edward fans around here are pretty docile. I've got a disproportional amount of Jazz fans around here though. How, may I ask, can you hate Carlisle though? Or heavily dislike him?
Lol....that made me laugh. I agree....there isn't really a way to hate Carlisle. Um, lets say for arguments sake that we pull 500 random women from this board. 350 Edward, 100 Jazz, 50 Jacob would be the outcome lol. I think women are just naturally pulled to Edward because he's "dreamy" I guess. I think it's more of your younger audience that love Edward though to be honest because they haven't had the experience of having someone overprotective/overbearing yet. I mean, granted, there are plenty of non-teen women who adore Edward as well, but I'm just thinking there are more younger people that are pulled that way than older people. As for the hating Bella thing, it happens with just about every narrator because you only get their point of view on things. A lot of girls are envious of her, so they might hate that, or a lot of girls read way way into the scenes about kissing Jacob and how they wouldn't do that to Edward. So, I guess you have to think from the 1860789123678102936178936 women points of view about finding true love and doing anything to keep it. Who knows though with women :D . It's easier to say that knowing this board is to our selves.
ImageImageImageImage
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

easy now gamb, it's easy to think you can get away with that sort of stuff on here, gut remember, just because they can't post on here (courtesy of yours truly = ) doesn't mean that they aren't watching... dun..dun..dun..
in fact, we have about ten times the number of views as we do posts on this thread, and who do you suppose is responsible for those unposted views??
exactly...
so be careful, these girls can get mean :lol: jk ladies, you know i love you