Just Vent

Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Just Vent

Post by Immy93 »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:I don't think people understand how much the Twilight Saga means to us fans, and now they are going to put the crappiest actresses in really intense roles? Like come on, Vanessa Anne Hudgens? NO. It's just not how it is supposed to be...I hope they don't eff this up. Because, that would suck...
Is she?!?! Please say she isn't!!!!
ImageEdward Cullen
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Maybe I'm over reacting a bit, but I wish this stupid, dweby freshmen would get off my case! One day he comes up to tells me I'm "hot" and now he keeps telling me every day, "You look pretty today." Normally, I would be flattered, but this is the kicker: I think this kid is pulling my leg. His friends keep laughing every time he says it, he never has what I would consider a "serious" look on his face, and if he is being serious I think it's for reasons I don't want to be involved with (if you can catch my drift and I don't think it's hard to). And I know he isn't my type if his trying to get a date: he's loud, obnoxious, and has disgusting humor; he hangs with those guys who have a one track minds in the gross direction. I'm dying to give him this hilarious prank number! I'll be sure to send it his way if he ever asks for my number! And maybe I should give him some advice: Making fun of my Pokemon keychains isn't going to get him anywhere.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

Okay, I've already ranted about this on TwiFans, but I'm going to copy and paste it here because it is STILL bugging me.

Everyone is all up-in-arms about the supposed possibility of Disney actors auditioning for New Moon. Yeah, maybe a couple of them are, but in my opinion I doubt they're even being considered.

I'll admit it. I like Brenda Song. She's perky and adorable. Yeah, I'm not a kid anymore, but I tune into the Disney channel every once in a while, and I really like watching her host Disney's 'Pass the Plate'. But COME ON, PEOPLE! Brenda being considered for Leah? The CD is smarter than that. If you go here (http://castingscoop.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... re-it.html) (where Lana Veenker talks about the rules of NM casting), you'll notice that she mentions a company that was hired to cast Native Americans. A separate casting company has been hired to cast NATIVE AMERICANS. And heck, if their Native American resources end up getting tapped out and they STILL haven't found the perfect actors for a few pack roles, then they'll go on to people that look Native American. Now, look at Brenda Song. Beautiful, lovely, chipper Brenda Song. Does she even look remotely Native Amiercan? No.

So on to Vanessa Hudgens, shall we? She's darker skinned than Brenda and doesn't have the Asian eyes (though she's part Filipino). To anybody that's either indifferent about authenticity or is just ignorant, that might put her in the running for Leah, right? Can't argue with that. Maybe if the casting company gets desperate...

Don't even get me started about Selena Gomez, who was suggested as being the next target in a tounge-in-cheek article that I'll have to find when the argument calls for it...

A while back, when Twilight had been in theaters for a few weeks and people were beginning to set their sights on the excitement of New Moon, somebody made a good point about the casting: Would anybody more famous than Robert or Kristen be given a part in New Moon? I mean, c'mon. Ben Barnes and Johnny Depp are two EXCELLENT men to consider for Aro, right? Yum. But the poster didn't think either would ever genuinely be considered.

Twilight isn't a movie that NEEDS cameos from famous people. It doesn't need the excitement of Johnny Depp. It doesn't need the brilliance of Gary Oldman. (No rumors have been directed at him, by the way. I just would love to see him in the franchise. :D) Twilight, in itself, has ENOUGH fans to pack the theaters for weeks on end. How many times could the stack of Breaking Dawn books reach Mt. Everest in its so many first weeks of US sales? Hm? Five? Eight? I can't remember, but that is STILL a lot! (It was probably three or something, knowing my luck.)

Catherine, though she won't be returning for the subsequent films, started a great thing that I hope Weitz, Rosenberg, and the casting agents will continue: she hired people that weren't incredibly well known. That gave Twilight a fresh feel, and I don't think they'll be selling out to big name actors anytime soon. After all, they only added 20mil more to their NM budget. Summit's being stingy. Summit will NOT pay more than they need to for actors. That means NO BIG NAMES!

Bringing this entry back full-circle, a lot of the casting possibilities that are popping up on the web are RUMORS. Remember how just a few days before the official announcement, everyone was so sure that Michael Copon was going to be cast as Jacob? Even he thought his fate was secured. EW (http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2023455 ... 77,00.html) (whom, I've heard, is VERY reliable) said that his rep admitted they hadn't even been approached for the role. As for Brenda's and Vanessa's NM fate, Yahoo!News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2009010 ... p_eo/77902) has covered that, saying that reps for both have claimed that they've not been contacted. I'm not sure how reliable Yahoo!News is, but I'm rather inclined to believe the statement.

Ugggh. I also hate having to convert regular HTML to forum HTML.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
loverboyis
Learning to Love Green
Location: Debating on the Oxford Heels vs. the Laced Booties with Alice

Post by loverboyis »

EXAMS :arrow: :o :cry:
It explains so much
Cherry-Cherry Boom-Boom - Mosic
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Nerd wrote:Okay, I've already ranted about this on TwiFans, but I'm going to copy and paste it here because it is STILL bugging me.

Everyone is all up-in-arms about the supposed possibility of Disney actors auditioning for New Moon. Yeah, maybe a couple of them are, but in my opinion I doubt they're even being considered.

I'll admit it. I like Brenda Song. She's perky and adorable. Yeah, I'm not a kid anymore, but I tune into the Disney channel every once in a while, and I really like watching her host Disney's 'Pass the Plate'. But COME ON, PEOPLE! Brenda being considered for Leah? The CD is smarter than that. If you go here (http://castingscoop.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... re-it.html) (where Lana Veenker talks about the rules of NM casting), you'll notice that she mentions a company that was hired to cast Native Americans. A separate casting company has been hired to cast NATIVE AMERICANS. And heck, if their Native American resources end up getting tapped out and they STILL haven't found the perfect actors for a few pack roles, then they'll go on to people that look Native American. Now, look at Brenda Song. Beautiful, lovely, chipper Brenda Song. Does she even look remotely Native Amiercan? No.

So on to Vanessa Hudgens, shall we? She's darker skinned than Brenda and doesn't have the Asian eyes (though she's part Filipino). To anybody that's either indifferent about authenticity or is just ignorant, that might put her in the running for Leah, right? Can't argue with that. Maybe if the casting company gets desperate...

Don't even get me started about Selena Gomez, who was suggested as being the next target in a tounge-in-cheek article that I'll have to find when the argument calls for it...

A while back, when Twilight had been in theaters for a few weeks and people were beginning to set their sights on the excitement of New Moon, somebody made a good point about the casting: Would anybody more famous than Robert or Kristen be given a part in New Moon? I mean, c'mon. Ben Barnes and Johnny Depp are two EXCELLENT men to consider for Aro, right? Yum. But the poster didn't think either would ever genuinely be considered.

Twilight isn't a movie that NEEDS cameos from famous people. It doesn't need the excitement of Johnny Depp. It doesn't need the brilliance of Gary Oldman. (No rumors have been directed at him, by the way. I just would love to see him in the franchise. :D) Twilight, in itself, has ENOUGH fans to pack the theaters for weeks on end. How many times could the stack of Breaking Dawn books reach Mt. Everest in its so many first weeks of US sales? Hm? Five? Eight? I can't remember, but that is STILL a lot! (It was probably three or something, knowing my luck.)

Catherine, though she won't be returning for the subsequent films, started a great thing that I hope Weitz, Rosenberg, and the casting agents will continue: she hired people that weren't incredibly well known. That gave Twilight a fresh feel, and I don't think they'll be selling out to big name actors anytime soon. After all, they only added 20mil more to their NM budget. Summit's being stingy. Summit will NOT pay more than they need to for actors. That means NO BIG NAMES!

Bringing this entry back full-circle, a lot of the casting possibilities that are popping up on the web are RUMORS. Remember how just a few days before the official announcement, everyone was so sure that Michael Copon was going to be cast as Jacob? Even he thought his fate was secured. EW (http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2023455 ... 77,00.html) (whom, I've heard, is VERY reliable) said that his rep admitted they hadn't even been approached for the role. As for Brenda's and Vanessa's NM fate, Yahoo!News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2009010 ... p_eo/77902) has covered that, saying that reps for both have claimed that they've not been contacted. I'm not sure how reliable Yahoo!News is, but I'm rather inclined to believe the statement.

That bolded, is exactly what I was saying the other day!
This is SOOOOOOO right... *sigh of relief*
ImageImage
E<3B
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

Lol. Seriously, the Twilight movies don't NEED anybody famous. They've got a big enough fanbase to support the franchise without it. Since there are so many twi-hards, there's no need to beg some hot shot, big name actors to show up. :) Which means they don't have to spend as much in actor salaries. Which means THEY MAKE MORE WITHOUT THEM. It's so logical, and EVERYONE seems to be freaking out about it. I spent all of my energy on the Michael vs. Taylor panic. I can't take this. D:
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

Nerd wrote:Okay, I've already ranted about this on TwiFans, but I'm going to copy and paste it here because it is STILL bugging me.

I seriously just sighed in relief after reading that!
They'd never hire Disney people!

xxx :D
:D :D
ImageEdward Cullen
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

when i started to read. :o :shock: :? then :cry:
but since no DC stars are gonna, be on :D
not that i dont like them, but they arent right for these roles!!!

i hate exams.
pop quizzes.
assigned books.

argh. :evil:
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:I don't think people understand how much the Twilight Saga means to us fans, and now they are going to put the crappiest actresses in really intense roles? Like come on, Vanessa Anne Hudgens? NO. It's just not how it is supposed to be...I hope they don't eff this up. Because, that would suck...
I heard that the part of Leah is either going to Vanessa Hudgens or Brenda Song. I swear, they will not get any of my money, and I will NOT watch New Moon becuase it would simply ruin the book for me. They just want the part because Twilight is a current fad and they thing all the little Disney Channel teenyboppers will fawn over them and they'll be seen as "cool" because they were in a Twilight movie. I DO NOT want New Moon destroyed by a bunch of Disney Channel actors/actresses.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

I'm pretty sure nobody from Disney is going to get the part. Summit's being stingy. Why pay more money for some Disney kid when you can find a decent actor/actress who fits the part just fine and pay them LESS? They definitely won't want to cash out more than they have to.