Twilight Saga Q&A

Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by Esme echo »

faith_may, Billy was NOT in a car accident. Check the character bios. He is in a wheelchair due to complications from diabetes.

sparkling90, I've always thought vampires were pale because they had no blood in their veins. I remember a few times when Bella described Edward with a pink flush right after hunting. And not all vampires are white pale ... remember Laurent had an olive tone to his skin, and Siobhan was dark-skinned. They're just paler than their human counterparts--'cause there's no blood to give them more color.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

[quote="Esme echo"]faith_may, Billy was NOT in a car accident. Check the character bios. He is in a wheelchair due to complications from diabetes.

Here is the EXACT quote from Stephenie:

Q: What happened to Billy Black that he can’t walk anymore?

A: He has diabetes, which caused nerve damage in his feet and legs. He hasn’t had to have anything amputated yet, but he’ll never walk again.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

my question:

Does anyone else see anything wrong with putting Jasper into school with a bunch of yummy school children?

Just wonderin' :)
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

sparkling90 wrote:Why do vampires have to be pale? The whole reason that vampires are pale in other stories is because they can't go out into the sunlight. Also, if when they transform they are frozen at their current state, you would think they would stay their same skin color only sparkly. Another question, in Twilight Bella says that she can smell blood. Is that ever explained?
Like Esme Echo said - they are pale because there's no blood in their viens. and also the fact that they are dead but not in the litteral sense. I've heard that corpses usually are pale so that might be another reason as well.

Bella can smell blood - i think it's quite normal. blood makes her queasy so she would need to smell to make her faint. I can smell blood too, if there's a huge amount of it or if my finger is bleeding
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

MRK wrote:my question:

Does anyone else see anything wrong with putting Jasper into school with a bunch of yummy school children?

I'd have more trouble with Jasper in school if Alice wasn't always watching out for him--and the yummy school children! I guess the human facade is just that important. BUT, Jasper is old enough, I wonder why they don't figure out an different occupation for him? Hey, I could really see Jasper as a writer, or an artist, always working on a masterpiece! Or, I'd bet the family could collaberate and write some fantastic newspaper articles!
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
princess_sparkle
Settled in Forks

Post by princess_sparkle »

MRK wrote:my question:
I guess that is a problem in a way, but he can control himself most of the time. Admittedly he went for Bella when she cut her finger in NM but he was usually okay around her, so I think that he can resist the temptation unless there's actually a wound. We know that the Cullens skip class when they do blood testing, but I wonder what would happen if a kid cut themselves at school... I guess Alice would forewarn the others...
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

i think to answer someone's (sorry, too lazy to look up who said it) syringe question--i think he just stabbed it into her heart. i don't know if you've ever seen Pulp Fiction, but they have to stab a syringe full of adrenaline (or something) directing into Uma Thermon's character's heart because she's ODing. i know that's kind of random, but that's what i saw in my head when i read that part in the book. getting stabbed that hard with a syringe would definitely hurt like hell, but i think Bella was beyond feeling any pain at that moment. i mean, she was basically dead and edward was prepared to do anything to save her, even if that meant hurting her like that.

my question would be this, though: if edward's saliva was basically like venom, then how did he and bella manage to kiss without him getting his venom into her system? i mean, maybe i'm missing something, but i've always assumed that when they kissed it involved at least some tongue....and not just close-mouthed innocent type pecks, you know? or maybe the venom in his saliva just isn't concentrated enough? but then again he closes his bite marks on bella's skin by licking them so gahh!! i just don't know!! haha
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
Heart Song
Wandering Through Town

Post by Heart Song »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:my question would be this, though: if edward's saliva was basically like venom, then how did he and bella manage to kiss without him getting his venom into her system? i mean, maybe i'm missing something, but i've always assumed that when they kissed it involved at least some tongue....and not just close-mouthed innocent type pecks, you know? or maybe the venom in his saliva just isn't concentrated enough? but then again he closes his bite marks on bella's skin by licking them so gahh!! i just don't know!! haha
The venom has to enter the blood stream to do its thing. This is true rattle snake venom as well. As long as Bella had no open wounds in her mouth, kissing was not a problem. (You may remember she ate the piece of pizza Edward took a bite from as well). I doubt that Edward would have allowed much, if any tongue when they kissed. The risk of Bella being sliced by his teeth would have been much too high. Bella did note that Edward had very strict rules when it came to their physical relationship.
banner by the lovely ~ouisa~ adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis

Twilight Stories and Host Stories
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Heart Song wrote:
Tengo Nubs. wrote:my question would be this, though: if edward's saliva was basically like venom, then how did he and bella manage to kiss without him getting his venom into her system? i mean, maybe i'm missing something, but i've always assumed that when they kissed it involved at least some tongue....and not just close-mouthed innocent type pecks, you know? or maybe the venom in his saliva just isn't concentrated enough? but then again he closes his bite marks on bella's skin by licking them so gahh!! i just don't know!! haha
The venom has to enter the blood stream to do its thing. This is true rattle snake venom as well. As long as Bella had no open wounds in her mouth, kissing was not a problem. (You may remember she ate the piece of pizza Edward took a bite from as well). I doubt that Edward would have allowed much, if any tongue when they kissed. The risk of Bella being sliced by his teeth would have been much too high. Bella did note that Edward had very strict rules when it came to their physical relationship.
I think that's how Stephenie explained it too...his venom is not acidic...so it doesnt hurt on closed skin...I think she said some thing like, "but what if she had bitten her tongue or had a sore."
thats why Edward always pulled away when Bella started to open her mouth...(and his teeth are very sharp)
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

ok im sorry if i missed this answer somewhere when steph explained, but
1.Whats with victoria mentioning something in her head about seth and a werewolf james tracked somewhere else?
was she speaking of the 'real' monstrous werewolves and not shape shifters?

2. oh and what were victoria's and james' powers? it stated in the index that the possessed a special gift, what was it?