Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Jacob Black

Post by navarre »

I want the chapter "Repetition" when Bella goes to the Meadow and Laurent stumbles upon her. This is were she encounters the pack for the first time and we see Jacob as a wolf. Also, the end from the Epilogue - The Treaty.
Were we really get a good confrontation between Jacob & Edward. That part were Jacob's face crumples from pain as Bella turns and leaves with Edward towards the house. Cool. 8-)

And I agree with HOFJ. They are going to have to be really careful how they portray the Jacob/Bella relationship. That means an excellent script(I'm not holding my breath for that one with Rosenberg involved) and the cast coming to the set with their game face on. They were so horribly stiff in Twilight - New Moon just has to be an improvement over that waste of a movie. :x

Kristen, Rob, Taylor and Co. really need to reread the books and especially New Moon and get reacquainted with these characters. We need to feel why Bella is so davastated. Why Jacob & Bella have such a bond and how it forms. The emotions from Twilight the book were totally lost in the movie, now it's time for CW to step up along with everyone else and give us NEW MOON!!!!!
Last edited by navarre on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Nessie_08
Learning to Love Green

Post by Nessie_08 »

Wow, it's been while since I've been on... weird.
Hmmm... Well, it seems everyone's already said the quotes I really want to hear... except I'm not sure if anyone mentioned the first time Bella meets Quil and Embry. That was priceless! But really, I'm just glad they kept Taylor. If they'd picked Michael Copon... *shudder*
By the way, I was listening to the radio and I heard a song that would be a PERFECT Jacob/Bella duet. I looked at the lyrics and figured out who would sing what. Let me know what you guys think!

Bella: Take time to realize,
That your warmth is
Crashing down on in.
Take time to realize,
That I am on your side
Didn't I, Didn't I tell you.

But I can't spell it out for you,
No it's never gonna be that simple
No I cant spell it out for you

Jacob: If you just realize what I just realized,
Then we'd be perfect for each other
and will never find another
Just realized what I just realized
we'd never have to wonder if
we missed out on each other now.

Take time to realize
Oh-oh I'm on your side
didn't I, didn't I tell you.

Take time to realize
This all can pass you by
Didn't I tell you

But I can't spell it out for you,
no it's never gonna be that simple
no I can't spell it out for you.

If you just realized what I just realized
then we'd be perfect for each other
then we'd never find another
Just realized what I just realized
we'd never have to wonder if
we missed out on each other now.

It's not always the same
no it's never the same
if you don't feel it too.
If you meet me half way
If you would meet me half way.
It could be the same for you.

If you just realize what I just realized
then we'd be perfect for each other
then we'd never find another
Just realize what I just realized
we'd never have to wonder
Just realize what I just realized

If you just realize what I just realized

OoOoOOo

missed out on each other now
missed out on each other now

Realize, realize
realize, realize

Click the Bunny! Take The Quiz! Join the Blubness!

RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I'm hoping that Chris knows what he's doing with Jake and Bella's friendship in this movie. Movie!Bella and Edward's relation moved far too fast. Like was said, they left out a lot of the little things that made the relationship. Jake becomes a good friend to Bella, and it needs to be shown in the little things he does for her. That's how his character in New Moon, sweet and caring.

I'm hoping that the ending is done right were his face crumples in pain. In the book it really didn't move me, but I'm hoping that the movie does change that.
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

RebeccaCullen wrote:I'm hoping that Chris knows what he's doing with Jake and Bella's friendship in this movie. Movie!Bella and Edward's relation moved far too fast. Like was said, they left out a lot of the little things that made the relationship. Jake becomes a good friend to Bella, and it needs to be shown in the little things he does for her. That's how his character in New Moon, sweet and caring.

I'm hoping that the ending is done right were his face crumples in pain. In the book it really didn't move me, but I'm hoping that the movie does change that.
I agree with you... New Moon needs to be slow and show some of the details that makes Jacob who he is, sweet and caring. And personaly when his face crumples in pain moved me a lot, and I'm hoping that it doesn't disapoint and really moves the audience.
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I'm worried because SM was right - you DO need to read the book twice to enjoy Jacob. But with a movie, you can't do that.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
mikkib

Post by mikkib »

So, are the warewolves that much weaker than the vampires? They fight them well but do they need numbers and use speed? They make a big deal about how Edward would kill her in bed but yet, Jake would be fine. This is obvious since they all have kids for generations. Or, maybe they are only strong in their wolf forms?
mikkib

Post by mikkib »

Unfortunately I doubt the movie will show any of that emotion. In the movie, you don't see that Bella is mature or notices the little things about Charlie. You don't see Edward being all sweet and gentle. None of the emotions or character personalities were there for me. Well, Rosalie's glares seemed about right. :D
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

Yeah, totally agree with you guys. It's the little things that make Jacob/Bella's realtionship. I know in the NM thread most were like leave out the little scenes but thats what matters i think.
Like him giving her the candy hearts- shows his innocent love
-The movie scene with mike- shows that he won't stop fighting for her (even though there was no fight at that moment)
I could keep going but I think you guys get the point.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
Mara Jade Cullen

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

I heard a rumor that they are thinking of adding more Edward into the middle of the movie. *Sigh* :? I hope they don't do that. I know that they know that they have a big draw due to Pattinson and all But the story is the story and even he knows and accepts that we really don't see much of Edward in NM.

And if you add in much of Edward through the middle, you have two unwanted effects.
1) You diffuse that tension that's there wondering when and if Edward will come back for Bella.
and
2) Adding Edward in draws the focus off of Jacob. Its important that the audience bonds with him like Bella does--that you see that he is the only thing that brings any light to her world in her darkest hour. Peppering Edward in the middle of that will derail that bonding since it would cause Jacob to be overshadowed.
Team Edward
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I for one want the New Moon movie to focus on the present building relationship between Jake and Bella and will be disappointed if scenes with Edward are fabricated and added to the movie. The only way I can stomach those is if they are flashbacks like some of the things left out of Twilight. I also only accept alterations of scenes from the book to movie durning adaption, like when the are riding the bikes and Bella hears Edward's voice, instead of just hearing it, we actually see him. Nothing more, nothing less. I really really want them to focus on the Jake/Bella relationship, even if I don't like it.
Mara Jade Cullen wrote: And if you add in much of Edward through the middle, you have two unwanted effects.
1) You diffuse that tension that's there wondering when and if Edward will come back for Bella.
and
2) Adding Edward in draws the focus off of Jacob. Its important that the audience bonds with him like Bella does--that you see that he is the only thing that brings any light to her world in her darkest hour. Peppering Edward in the middle of that will derail that bonding since it would cause Jacob to be overshadowed.

I agree on both parts. But like I said, I'd take the flashback and slight scene alterations.