Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AshleyC
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Cullen Cars

Post by AshleyC »

ShadowNIN wrote:
AshleyC wrote:Although, the C30 was a better car for Edward than the one Stephenie thought of!
I would have to disagree with that. The S60R is WAY more powerful and Edward loves to drive fast, so he would for sure pick the S60R over the C30 ANY day! Plus, all five of the Cullen kids would NOT fit in the C30!!!
Yeah but the C30 is a nicer car .. basically! And on the faster car .. any car can be tuned, although probably not as fast as the S60R, the C30 doesn't have to stay a lowly 2Ltr, especially as Edward likes cars .. A lot of free time .. You get me.
Male, England. : )

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profi ... 1&ref=name

Feel Free To Add Meee : )
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

AshleyC wrote:
ShadowNIN wrote:I would have to disagree with that. The S60R is WAY more powerful and Edward loves to drive fast, so he would for sure pick the S60R over the C30 ANY day! Plus, all five of the Cullen kids would NOT fit in the C30!!!
Yeah but the C30 is a nicer car .. basically! And on the faster car .. any car can be tuned, although probably not as fast as the S60R, the C30 doesn't have to stay a lowly 2Ltr, especially as Edward likes cars .. A lot of free time .. You get me.
I do get you - any car can be tuned and Edward would have plenty of time to fix that(or shall we say Rosalie), however, I would disagree on the C30 being a nicer car. Sportier looking, yes, but not nicer. Somewhere on this thread someone posted the specs on both cars and the S60R was the clear winner....let me go see if I can find what page that was on....
ImageImage
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

Okay, it's on page 13, but I'll repost the info so you don't have to go find it. Thanks again to silverstar for the info...

"The C30 is a more conventional four-seat hatch with a five-cylinder, 2.4-litre engine that makes 168 horsepower and 170 pounds-feet of torque. It loses the electric power in favour of gasoline, and is also available with a turbocharged version of the same engine that makes 218 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque. There's a choice between five-speed manual or five-speed automatic (with "Geartronic" sequential shifting) for the normally aspirated engine, or six-speed manual and the same five-speed automatic for the turbo (T5) version. The platform, or structural and technical basis, for the C30, is from the S40 sedan/V50 wagon. "

Source: http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/07c30.htm

The performance version of the S60, also known as the S60: This particular edition of the S60 screams Edaward, as it has performance upgrades so it can go faster (the R-series was designed as a competitor to the BMW "M" series and the Mercedes Benz "C-Class"

For those of you who aren't familiar with this car, it is similar to the S60, although it has the R badging.

It has a 2.3L, 5-cylinder 300hp engine with twin turbos.

"The S60 R's transversely mounted inline 5 cylinder engine is a modified version of the 2.3-litre turbocharged engine in Volvo's T5 models. The engine features new KKK twin turbochargers that help the engine reach its maximum torque of 295 lb-ft. at just 1,950 rpm with the manual transmission (258 lb-ft at 1,850 rpm with 5-speed automatic transmission). Two intercoolers are used to cool the turbochargers.

As well, the engine features continuously variable valve timing on both the intake and exhaust camshafts which adjusts the valve opening times to suit the engine speed and load. The result, according to Volvo, is better performance, lower fuel consumption and reduced emissions (the R-engine meets U.S. LEV I emission requirements).

Other differences between the R engine and the T5 engine include pistons and connecting rods that have been reinforced to withstand added stresses produced by high boost pressures, and improved cylinder head cooling. The sump also has been redesigned to ensure oil flows under extreme g-forces.

The new six-speed manual gearbox, which replaces a five-speed, was specially designed to handle the high torque delivered by the engine."

For more information, look here. http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/04s60r.htm

Not to say that one can't have an opinion, but I think the stats make it clear. :mrgreen:
ImageImage
AshleyC
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by AshleyC »

Ha fair enough. But I sitll prefer the C30 myself!
Male, England. : )

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profi ... 1&ref=name

Feel Free To Add Meee : )
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

AshleyC wrote:Ha fair enough. But I sitll prefer the C30 myself!
LOL!!! :D
ImageImage
iloveetwilightt
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveetwilightt »

I see Edward's volvo all the time. Whenever I see it, i just smirk quietly to myself. I've also seen Alice's and Emmet's cars as well, but I have never seen Bella's car. Has anyone seen her car before? :?
Team Edward Forever :]]
"When I told you I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy."
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

The characters in Twilight would love my apartments parking garage, every car there is either luxury car like the Cullens like, an old car that's a dud but would be amazing if it were fixed like Jacob and his friends would like, or a normal car, slightly older than most, like Bella likes. The amount of BMW's would make Rosalie very happy.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Vampire4eva

Post by Vampire4eva »

I WANT Edwards silver volovo ;) Out of all the cars I think its the one car that would suit me.
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

AshleyC wrote:Although, the C30 was a better car for Edward than the one Stephenie thought of!
i actually disagree. the S60 R is faster and is in the class of 2Suppercar", because of the engine and so on. the C30 is the volvo car which is meant to be more economically friendly. i get the feeling that from the miles per the gallon that the rest of the family cars gets they are not worrrying about the amount of petrol they are using. i did love the spin in the movie though. i love your av though - i like driving fast

urg dont even get me started on Ferrari. you know what made me laugh - Ronaldo crashed his very expensive Ferrari and completely totalled it! ha!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Itdoesntmatter
Wandering Through Town

Post by Itdoesntmatter »

I think Landiana hit it on the head with the Bugatti Veyron for Bells after car. love that car. But i totally lol'd when i read bout the guardian! perfect for the before car! hahahaha
plus Edwards Aston Martin! I know what im getting when i win the lottery!
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back since 1901

Team Jasper: Theres nothing like a shot of Southern Comfort