General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Jacob and Bella's changing relationship

Post by Babygirl67 »

i think they're realtionship is bi-biolar one minute its seems like they're friends and the next minute they're like fighting
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Babygirl67 wrote:i think they're realtionship is bi-biolar one minute its seems like they're friends and the next minute they're like fighting
But I think that's what makes it such a typical teenage friendship...with the hormones going crazy, I feel like it's really common for them to fight and then be best friends the next minute

That's a lot of why I love Jacob's character and their relationship---with all the supernatural (and even with Jacob's involvement in it), their friendship still manages to be so normal and such a great typical teenage friendship/relationship!

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
iloveetwilightt
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveetwilightt »

Hmm...Jacob and Bella. There is alot to say about their relationship together. From Twilight, just friends, then in New Moon, things start to change. Edward leaves and Bella has no one to rely on but Jacob. Then they became best friends, and then, even though Bella denied it at first, they became more than that. I also think, no matter if they were best friends or in love, they really did get into alot of fights throughout the saga :D
Team Edward Forever :]]
"When I told you I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy."
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by CastMeNotAway »

Their relationship was definately like a rollercoaster, that's for sure! :lol: I can pretty much just repeat what others have said...

They went from Friends to Best Friends to More-than-friends and then back to Best Friends. I agree with what someone said toward the beginning of this thread, about Bella and Jacob's feelings just kind of vanishing like they never happened. It bugged me a little bit, but I'm happy that they still love eachother and can be a part of eachother's lives in the end :)
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

I think the Jacob & Bella relationship was one of the realist within the series because of the history behind it.

In Twilight, they were just childhood friends trying to catch up for lost time. In New Moon, they became best friends. Someone they can tell their secrets to & be comfortable around. Yet at the same time there were some "deeper" feelings involved, but ((in some ways)) they didn't let that come between their friendship. Then in Eclipse, they finally realize ((well Bella did)) that they were in love with each other, but ((sadly)) it ended bad between them. In BD, they became best friends again. So their relationship ended on a happy note.

Their relationship was sort of a bitter sweet one. They were in love but knew it will never work out, yet they loved each other enough to remain in each others lives.

I think it's pretty sweet how through all the *hit they went through, they still remain best friends at the end.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
EdwardsOtherLove
Settled in Forks

Post by EdwardsOtherLove »

I never understood how Bella wasn't strong enough to let go of Jacob. She was truly mean to keep him in her life for her own selfish reasons. When the "KISS" happened before the big fight, I threw the book down, and wouldn't pick it back up for a little while. Something inside me thought that this would be the end of Bella and Edward, and the start of Bella and Jacob. The only reason I picked the book back up was because I had to find out for sure. If it would have changed to Bella and Jacob, I would have ended the series there. But it didn't so I finished the series like a mad woman out of control.

Edward was way to over the opb believable for his patience with the whole Bella & Jake thing. Bella and Jakes relationship was always just a little oogie for me.
runswithwolves
Officially Bitten!
Location: On Taylor's right bicep staring at the new Wolfpack picture

Post by runswithwolves »

I just read Eclipse again and I love how when Bella kisses Jacob for the second time she finally realizes that she is in love with him, and that they are soul mates. I almost cried when I read those parts.
J<3B ~I <3 Ian~I<3Peeta~Team Zane RIP~I<3Fang
Taylor's right bicep ~ http://www.teamtaycob.webs.com/
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

runswithwolves wrote:I just read Eclipse again and I love how when Bella kisses Jacob for the second time she finally realizes that she is in love with him, and that they are soul mates. I almost cried when I read those parts.
I would have to disagree they're soul mates. She just realized that she had deeper feelings for him than friendship. But she knew she loved Edward, that he was her soul mate/perfect match, and needed to be with Edward forever. (But I am TOTALLY TEAM EDWARD and Jacob really bugged me and made me mad in Eclipse so.. And remember how she said she didn't have choice? To me that means she belongs Edward and nothing could ever change that. Anyway sorry for rambling here......I just really can't stand Jacob)

To me their relationship is a weird, roller coaster. In Eclipse I was like what the? when it came to Bella realizing that she loved him. I loved in NM how he was a good friend for her and helped her get through the tough time she was going through, but once he became a werewolf he seemed to be more of a jerk sometimes. I was glad that everything was resolved in BD but I found it weird/creepy that he imprinted on Bella's daughter. In one way I was glad because that meant he could be happy and have someone to love, but it's just weird. I was grateful though because of his relationship/feelings for Bella he allowed Edward to break the treaty and change her to save her life. So basically I have a love hate relationship w/Jacob and his realtionship with Bella.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Davnee
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Davnee »

Lacuna Scion wrote:To me, Jake is like soul food :D . He just makes you feel good, and more than just a "friendship" way. Edward is like crack; he makes you feel good but probably not in a very healthy way. I can see where she would want to hold onto both Edward and Jacob because she obviously cares deeply for them.
I absolutely love this! Great illustration of our two main guys.

I'm a Bella and Edward fan but I'm also a HUGE Jacob fan. He's the underdog (the puns are just unavoidable) for so long and to finally see a tiny shred of hope steering in his direction, it was all I could do to cling onto that and think, wow maybe she really is going to choose him. Alas dear Jake....sometimes love and torture walk hand in hand - lol. Jake had to contend with a lot not going his way and there's only so much of that a teen boy can stomach. It doesn't excuse some of his behavior but let's not forget that Bella isn't exactly Jake's victim here. They both loved each other and they both hurt each other. I enjoyed their complicated relationship from the very beginning to the very end of it.

Edward and Bella were pretty much cut and dry after she finds him near the clock tower in New Moon. It's done. They're going to be together forever - you know that with every word they speak to each other from that point on. Which is why I think he was so understanding about Bella's realtionship, feelings, and heartbreak over Jake. Not that he didn't feel threatened in the least, but that he just knew she was his destiny and there was no contesting that, not even another possible love interest. In the end, I felt as though everyone won and I was satisfied with Stephenie's resolution of the relationship between Bella and Jacob.

I would love to see her write something about Jake and Renesmee somewhere down the road.
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

Why can't we live in a world where there are 2 perfectly good soul mates living near you! lol. :)
Jacob was Bellas natural path if Edward wasn't around, so there was a part of me that always wanted them to get together. They have both grown up together and it was bound to leave some sort of effect on each of them.
Their relationship is a rollercoaster.
Bella shouldn't have kept Jacob hanging though, I know she didn't know she was in love with him, although I felt so sorry for him seeing Bella with Edward all the time!
Emma.
xoxo
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.