General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Sequels

Post by renesmeecarlie »

thauck31 wrote:Did anyone read the 264 pages on SM's web site. I did and loved it. Any clues when she might finish it. I thought Edward's point of view was way more intense then Bella's. Hopefully it will be out soon. I might have to read them all again to quench my thirst.
I totally read it!! When I finished the series, I couldn't deal with being done so I went and read it! It was amaaazing and I agree it was so much more intense and interesting reading from Bella's point of view! I love how much more vampire-centric it is and that Rose is always cursing at him in her head--I just thought it was awesome! I also loved the part with Edward, Emmett and Ben ( I don't want to ruin it in case there are people who aren't reading it!)

Just warning you, if you start reading the series again, you might never stop! I know from experience ;)

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
gossipgirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by gossipgirl »

renesmeecarlie wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:
eclipserox wrote:Yes, I've heard this and I've also heard SM say that she will not write any of the books besides Twilight from Edward's POV.
Does this mean she's gonna have Midnight Sun published? :?: *crossing my fingers*
I really really really hope so, but I'm pretty sure she said that she's so upset about what happened (it being leaked), that she is going to wait to go back to writing it until all of the excitement over the books dies down

I don't see that happening for a really long time with all of the movies being made, but who knows? Maybe she'll have a change of heart :D
Until the excitement dies down? That's gonna be a looong time, lol. I'm re-reading the series again, and I still get excited over it. :lol:
I don't need a knight in shining armor. I'd settle for a vampire in a silver Volvo.
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

I would read any sequel SM put out involving the Twilight series and love it! I also read the part of Midnight Sun and loved it, so I would be interested in hearing what happened to Edward in the rest of the books. Maybe a Cullen family book. More about their transformations and such. Seriouslllyyyy....just give me more :)
TwilightAli
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightAli »

I would love it if we could hear Edward's POV on everything that happened.
or
Edward and Bella's first year together; perhaps a little edgier/sexier
or
Bella's first year as a vampire
or
Nessie(when she's Bella's age) and Jacob's love story, but have the Volturi involved because there could be a rule against a vampire falling in love/marrying a shape-shifter who turns into a wolf, they could think he's a werewolf again.
or
Edward's story.

I have a lot of ideas. lol/
ShortStuff_<3
Wandering Through Town

Post by ShortStuff_<3 »

I agree with quite a lot of the posts here; i think that a book or at least a chapter should be from Alice's POV. I mean, she's my favourite character and it would be interesting to read about her visions first-hand. But i also think it would be very interesting to have Roasalie's POV too, becoz i know her character doesn't really appeal to everyone but she certainly has a different way of looking at things, and it would be good to read about her struggles as she deals with being a vampire. Maybe SM could try writing not a sequel, but like a spin-off from other characters POVs who are not part of the Cullen family, people who are close like Tanya or Kate from the Denali coven, or from Sam or Emily.
Dear Jacob, I WIN. Sincerely, Edward.
[i'm.betting.on.ALICE] :D
>>> ADRENALINEE RUSSSHHH <<<
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

I think Stephenie will write MS, it is just going to be awhile.

I would love it though. It is so great to hear it from Edward's perspective. I would love for the rest of the series to be done in his view as well. Maybe she could skip over most of when he left Bella in New Moon, and most of Bella's pregnancy. So we don't have to experience as much of the suffering. But after reading MS all I think whenever reading the series is "I wonder what Edward is thinking now... If only Stephenie..."

Ha ha.

I would love for her to also write a few chapters of each person in the book's view. But then I would crave more... Hmmm.

Idk. It is very unrealistic for any of these to happen.

*sigh* :(
ImageImageImageImageImage
Itdoesntmatter
Wandering Through Town

Post by Itdoesntmatter »

I would love sooo much if Steph re-rote all the book from Edwards POV. That way you get to hear what hes thinking, plus all the other characters, and it would be great to learn more about the history of the Cullens, i loved reading about their back stories. I really hope steph finishes Midnight sun at least, what i've read so far is soo good, i want another hit of twilight!
as far as continuing the saga tho? im not to sure, since the romance stories are pretty much all tied up now it would be hard to continue it on without that element.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back since 1901

Team Jasper: Theres nothing like a shot of Southern Comfort
Edlyn
Settled in Forks

Post by Edlyn »

I have the one and only question for Stephenie Meyer: Will she writes all the books from Edward's perspective? Like the way she writes Midnight Sun? I really want to know what was Edward thinking all the way :)
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

Edlyn wrote:I have the one and only question for Stephenie Meyer: Will she writes all the books from Edward's perspective? Like the way she writes Midnight Sun? I really want to know what was Edward thinking all the way :)
She has said no she won't.
ImageImageImageImageImage
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Stephenie, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE finish MS! :D (just needed to get that out!)

Has anyone heard when the companion book will be released? And, what is supposed to be included in the book-character backstories? I haven't seen very much on it, but at this point anything that will continue the addiction is good for me! LOL!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ