General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Jacob and Leah's friendship

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

soozabooza54 wrote:I totally thought they were going to hook up the first time reading through Breaking Dawn... but I knew that they weren't imprinted because he had seen her since becoming a werewolf... and I really wanted Jacob to imprint on someone to take away the "I love Bella" pain. :)

But i'm happy about the way their friendship ended up. it was awesome that Leah was ballsy enough to leave Sam's pack and side with what she thought was right and a good idea for her! :)
I thought Leah and Jacob were going to get together too when I was reading it. But now I can only see them like brother and sister or close friends I can't see them together now because it didn't end up that way.
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
Leoni
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Leoni »

I think it must have done Leah so much good becoming friends with Jake and being his second. She needed a confidence boost and I think she will have gotten that from her place in Jake's pack. It will have made her feel like she has her own strength and place in the world, since she lost so much of herself that she thought made her the person she was. Her love for Sam, the possibility of being a mother, a life as a 'normal' girl...

I bet that if Stephenie revisited Leah in a couple of years we would find a more at peace and content Leah.
Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken

E<3B

love2travel
Wandering Through Town

Post by love2travel »

i love that jacob and leah could have an alliance and friendship... without necessarily imprinting on each other (although to be honest about it, I thought this was the way the story would gp before Jake imprinted on Nessie)
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I think that Jacob and Leah's friendship is exactly what it needs to be, a friendship. Like everyone, there was a moment when I thought 'are they going to end up together?' That doesn't seem quite right, for a number of reasons.

If either of them thought that was how their relationship was progressing, they would pick it up in the others' head. Jacob and Leah are NOT the type of people to leave that sort of thing unsaid, they would thrash it out and discuss it.

Though they love each other like a brother and sister, its more like Edward and Rosalie than Edward and Alice. They love each other, but they don't get along very well.

Leah said she or Seth would have been most likely to be Alpha if Jacob weren't around. The Clearwater children must also be direct descendants of Ephraim Black in order to be so high up on the list of potential Alphas, and so Leah must be blood-related to Jacob.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:I think that Jacob and Leah's friendship is exactly what it needs to be, a friendship. Like everyone, there was a moment when I thought 'are they going to end up together?' That doesn't seem quite right, for a number of reasons.

If either of them thought that was how their relationship was progressing, they would pick it up in the others' head. Jacob and Leah are NOT the type of people to leave that sort of thing unsaid, they would thrash it out and discuss it.

Though they love each other like a brother and sister, its more like Edward and Rosalie than Edward and Alice. They love each other, but they don't get along very well.

Leah said she or Seth would have been most likely to be Alpha if Jacob weren't around. The Clearwater children must also be direct descendants of Ephraim Black in order to be so high up on the list of potential Alphas, and so Leah must be blood-related to Jacob.
I agree ut I would have loved it if they'd got together!
I know that Jacob and Leah were descended from the same guy but Sam was as well and that didn't stop them!
The Edward -Rosalie, Jacob - Leah thing is spot on I think though!

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Immy93 wrote: I agree ut I would have loved it if they'd got together!
I know that Jacob and Leah were descended from the same guy but Sam was as well and that didn't stop them!
The Edward -Rosalie, Jacob - Leah thing is spot on I think though!

xxx
When I say it would be weird because they descended from the same guy, I mean that they have the same great-grandfather, Ephraim Black. That means that they're cousins, and it would possibly be illegal for them to get married if they were inclined to do so, when they took the blood test. The fact that Sam and Leah both descended from Taha Aki is different, because it was so many generations ago that any blood relation would have thinned out so much they're barely related anymore, and a DNA test wouldn't catch it.
sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Post by sophieet »

I was pleasantly surprised by the devlopment of Jacob and Leah's relationship. When Leah was talking about how she thought she was a dead end because she was infertile and didn't think she could imprint, I felt so sorry for her, but knowing that Jacob is going to be taking care of her until she stops phasing makes it that much better. =)

I'd also just like to throw in that I think Stephenie Meyer's decision to focus on Jacob during the pregnancy was the best decision made in the entire saga. Not only did it help me focus more on his relationships and feelings, I found out more about the Quileute legends and I didn't have to read hundreds of pages of Bella externally saying she wasn't in pain whilst internally describing everything she felt. I think that would've gotten monotonous. And Jacob's section was hilarious (particularly the chapter titles). :lol:
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

sophieet wrote:I was pleasantly surprised by the devlopment of Jacob and Leah's relationship. When Leah was talking about how she thought she was a dead end because she was infertile and didn't think she could imprint, I felt so sorry for her, but knowing that Jacob is going to be taking care of her until she stops phasing makes it that much better. =)

I'd also just like to throw in that I think Stephenie Meyer's decision to focus on Jacob during the pregnancy was the best decision made in the entire saga. Not only did it help me focus more on his relationships and feelings, I found out more about the Quileute legends and I didn't have to read hundreds of pages of Bella externally saying she wasn't in pain whilst internally describing everything she felt. I think that would've gotten monotonous. And Jacob's section was hilarious (particularly the chapter titles). :lol:
Definitely agree with you, Bella spends most of the second book sleeping, being sick, and thinking how pretty her baby boy will be.
I think that the new pack is a good place for Leah to slowly give up her wolf-self, not as many voices and responsibilities holding you down.
ShortStuff_<3
Wandering Through Town

Post by ShortStuff_<3 »

I actually love Leah's character because i've never understood how she could be accused of being a source of misery for the pack when she has lived through what she has, especially seeing Sam and Emily together EVERY day and hearing in his thoughts how much he cares for her. I think that her friendship with Jacob is golden - they can be funny and throw sarcastic remarks at each other, but they really understand what each other are going through and can be a serious source of hope and comfort for each other.

I think that if it were a romantic relationship it would be a little more unnatural and i don't think that it would be as strong a relationship as it is when they are friends.
:D
Dear Jacob, I WIN. Sincerely, Edward.
[i'm.betting.on.ALICE] :D
>>> ADRENALINEE RUSSSHHH <<<
sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Post by sophieet »

I actually love Leah's character because i've never understood how she could be accused of being a source of misery for the pack when she has lived through what she has, especially seeing Sam and Emily together EVERY day and hearing in his thoughts how much he cares for her.
I suppose it's just because she thinks about it a lot and they can hear her thoughts. I understand what you mean though, it must have been difficult for her. I definately understand her better since she became friends with Jacob. :)
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.