Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Billy Black

Post by eclipserox »

That's why in my original post I said he was trying to look out for his best friend's daughter and he was a good guy. I NEVER said anything negative about him. I just said I wanted to hate him for making things difficult for Bella and Edward but couldn't because he is a good guy and he earned my respect. Again, it was meant to be positive.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

eclipserox wrote:Well, I said I couldn't actually hate him lol. And, I don't think people should defer to them, but I don't think there is any reason to try to break them up either. Allowing a happy couple to have their relationship is pretty far from the world revolving around the couple. I usually support a "live and let live" mentality and try to stay out of other people's business. Billy did not do mind his own business-threatening to tell Charlie, sending Jacob to the prom with a warning for Bella, etc. I think Billy overstepped his bounds. Jacob also seemed uncomfortable with his dad's meddling. But anyway, my point was that I respect Billy for being open-minded, listening to Bella and not being stubborn. It was a positive thing.
we understand it was meant to be positive but it's still a discussion forum.

I think Billy had every reason to try to break them up. Just like I think Jacob had every right and reason to fight for her.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

DesiringJB wrote:
eclipserox wrote:Well, I said I couldn't actually hate him lol. And, I don't think people should defer to them, but I don't think there is any reason to try to break them up either. Allowing a happy couple to have their relationship is pretty far from the world revolving around the couple. I usually support a "live and let live" mentality and try to stay out of other people's business. Billy did not do mind his own business-threatening to tell Charlie, sending Jacob to the prom with a warning for Bella, etc. I think Billy overstepped his bounds. Jacob also seemed uncomfortable with his dad's meddling. But anyway, my point was that I respect Billy for being open-minded, listening to Bella and not being stubborn. It was a positive thing.
Well, you wouldn't just "mind your own business" if you thought someone you cared about was in grave danger. You have to remember that it wasn't about not wanting Bella to be happy..It was about trying to protect her. Billy didn't trust Edward to keep her safe.. Obviously, WE know Edward wouldn't hurt her, but Billy didn't have that kind of assurance..
what if the person told you it's not of your business? will you still butt in where you're unwanted? personally that's like a slap in the face for me and even though i want the best for the person i am very very tolerable and respectful of others opinions.

I like Billy, he's a cool dad. and it's so sad, how he lost his wife and he's in a wheelchair - at least he's perfectly content.
It was so sad how he was after sue but she chose charlie. i love both dads, but it's so sad...

HOFJ - like father like son, eh? i was personally beginning to doubt that quote but it so true with billy and jacob...meh
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
we understand it was meant to be positive but it's still a discussion forum.

I think Billy had every reason to try to break them up. Just like I think Jacob had every right and reason to fight for her.
Yes, it just seemed like everybody thought I meant what I said originally as a criticism of Billy, and I just wanted to make it clear that I actually meant it as a compliment. I think Jacob had every reason and right to fight for Bella; however, I think Bella should have ended their relationship because she knew she could only end up hurting him and it wasn't fair to him. I think Billy's actions were acceptable to the extent that he took them. If he'd gone further than he did to try to break them up, I would have had a problem with it. But, what I really like about Billy is that he is open-minded and reasonable. Even though he had a negative view of the Cullens, he listened to Bella and accepted that she might know more about the Cullens than he did. A lot of people in Billy's shoes wouldn't have heard Bella out, or if they did, wouldn't have trusted her judgment.

Malaz-
I'm not sure if you mean me or DesiringJB. I'm not big into butting into other people's business. If anyone wants my advice or help, I'm happy to give it, but I really try to mind my own business and let people live their lives their own way.

I never got that Billy had a thing for Sue. Maybe that's stupid of me lol. I've only read the books once. I always thought he was just good friends with her. I was glad she ended up with Charlie, so he wasn't alone.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Billy didn't have a thing for Sue - she was his best friend's wife.

eclipserox she was referring to Billy and Jacob, not any of us.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

eclipserox - that was towards DesiringJB
I actually agree with you - mostly - :D

was I the only one that thought that? i don't know...i am pretty sure he came off like he liked her. i am 99.9% sure...i'll check. i am pretty sure though.
Bella said something along the lines of charlie and billy will sort that out, they are adults...yeah that, i'll check :)

lol or otherwise i was imagining things...damn it.
mikkib
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mikkib »

Actually, if you read the interviews somewhere on the lexicon with SM says that what happened to Billy and Charlie was Sue. She said Billy was after Sue.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

^were you referring to me? because i was saying the same thing. and i knew i wasn't imagining that. it's true afterall.
Jack
Learning to Love Green
Location: 3-1-14-1-4-1.... That's right... tis' Shneaky indeed...

Post by Jack »

mikkib wrote:Actually, if you read the interviews somewhere on the lexicon with SM says that what happened to Billy and Charlie was Sue. She said Billy was after Sue.
That makes sense actually. Because near the end they do talk about Sue and Charlie getting closer and something about him and Billy not talking much anymore. I think it showed a real difference in personality that Bella was willing to let Billy and Charlie work out their differences on their own without any meddling or looking into te problem though her father and Billy were always meddling in their own ways in her own relationships and friendships....
*Jack*
"Hear The Sound, The Angels Come Screaming Down..." - MCR
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC Inc.- Emmett's Demolition Company
Lightwish
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Lightwish »

Its a wonder that with all the vampires in the area that Billy didnt turn into a wolf as well. Does anyone know what happened to his legs and why they are destroyed like they are?
I am a faithfull Twi-Guy!