Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
hiyada
Settled in Forks

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by hiyada »

I don't know if this idea would catch on. But doesn't Meyer come on this forum from time to time? How about, rather than expressing how hacked off we are that the entire process has been halted, we send her words of encouragement to continue writing? Yeah, the majority of us are upset over what happened. But instead of being bitter over it, why not make it a thread where Mrs. Meyer could know how great her fan base is if she were to come by it? Why not make it something that would encourage her to write again, something that could be like Jasper in his calm-enforcing mood?

That's just my thought process, though...
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i think it's really sad that someone has to leak that. it's an insult to her work pretty much. it wasn't meant to be let out anytime this soon and i was looking forward to the book in it's finished form from stephenie. i hate that this has to halt the publication of the book or maybe even stop it completely. i was really looking forward to it.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
arynlee
Settled in Forks

Post by arynlee »

i was soo sad when i read stephenie's comment on the leak. it's so sad to hear that MS is on indefinite hold.i can't believe someone would do this to stephenie. i understand where she is coming from but right now i so wish i had edwards mind reading powers to figure out what this person was thinking and janes power to show this person the pain the world of twilight fans are going through. i refuse to read the chapters she posted because it's not the draft she wanted us to read. it's not the way she wanted it and it's not finished. i will wait for however long it takes for her to get back to edward's story.
roxyrae
Settled in Forks

Post by roxyrae »

hiyada wrote:I don't know if this idea would catch on. But doesn't Meyer come on this forum from time to time? How about, rather than expressing how hacked off we are that the entire process has been halted, we send her words of encouragement to continue writing? Yeah, the majority of us are upset over what happened. But instead of being bitter over it, why not make it a thread where Mrs. Meyer could know how great her fan base is if she were to come by it? Why not make it something that would encourage her to write again, something that could be like Jasper in his calm-enforcing mood?

That's just my thought process, though...
I think that is a great idea! SM is really upset right now (judging by the letter) and showing her that her fans are here for her and support her is an amazing idea. Maybe with all the encouragment she can see that not all fans are like that and how much we really do love her work and want her to continue. Maybe if she sees just how much people care she might continue or if not then it could make her feel better to know that her fans are still with her.
outoftheloop
Settled in Forks

Post by outoftheloop »

i feel so sad that someone would do that to SM and now the whole entire book is on hold. that's so cruel. i hope whoever did feels awful and apologizes to SM. i really hope she'll have the courage to finish it because i definitely still want it! this is so depressing.
LoveVampire
Settled in Forks

Post by LoveVampire »

I am in shock about Midnight Sun - so disappointed! I feel bad for Stephenie, it is obvious by what she wrote on her website that she is hurt and angry and I really feel for her! How can some people be so low??!!! I hope with a little time and support, she will reconsider her decision. I can't believe that she would be the kind of person that would allow her millions of fans to be punished along with the few that did this to her!!!

I left a comment on her myspace to let her know she has my love and support. Hopefully it will help heal her wounds to hear from her fans. Here is her myspace address:

http://www.myspace.com/stephenie_meyer
22.FireandIce
Wandering Through Town

Post by 22.FireandIce »

ugh. this is horrible.
Not be mean. But those few people ruined it for EVERYONE.
I hope they feel guilty.
I mean I was looking forward to another book on my shelf that has Edward and bella. But no.
I really would love to get to know that person. and smack em. I know this is horrible but, honestly?
I deeply understand what Stephenie had to do by not continuing to write currently. 5 more years maybe? it was only suposesd to be 1 or 2. dang it.
Well I guess we can give our support to Stephenie, it must be extremely hard, like being robbed your wedding ring.
Seth.Jacob.Edward.Bella.Alice.Jasper.Emmett. Rosalie.Carlisle.Esme.Garrett. Zafrina.Emily.
Renesmee.Quil.Charlie.TheRomanians.Claire. Ben.Maggie.Tanya.Kate.Embry.Eleazar.Leah.Billy.

<3 Stole My Heart
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

It does make me sad too. It is sad as an artist to have so many expectations placed upon you, and then when and unfinished work is exposed without permission, it can put a damper on the whole vision. Hopefully once the initial anger and betrayal blows over, SM will feel inspired again to complete at least the first book of Edward's perspective.

Stephenie, if you do read this, we all understand your frustration and how unfortunate it was to have your own personal efforts exploited the way that they were. If at all you do change your mind and decide to complete Midnight Sun, then that would be great. If you choose not too, then of course us Twilighters will be sad, but don't do it just for us..Do it because YOU want to keep going with the story and do it because YOU feel like the main male character of your amazing saga should have a chance to tell his side of the story.

I'm sure I am not only speaking for myself when I say that I will support you in whatever decision you make. You have already inspired me so much with your writing and I thank you very much for that and thank you for putting your dreams down on paper for the world to enjoy.
twilightxstars
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightxstars »

This is pretty horrible. And even though I did read the Midnight Sun chapters, I feel like it's briliant and she shouldn;t give up. I mean look at all of these outraged fans! I'm hope maybe tomorrow she'll wake up with a vengance and write some more stories. ANd contine on with MIdnight Sun just to let the people who leaked it not put her down. I really hope.
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Post by nikie_nikz »

You know, since everyone practically feels the same way I do about the illegal distribution of Midnight Sun, I really have nothing left to say. How could someone do this to her though? She gave copies to "trusted" individuals, and that one person couldn't be responsible enough to keep it in their possession and prevent it from being exposed to the entire world. This reminds me of the Book of Mormon translation with Joseph Smith and Martin Harris. SM being Mormon and all, I just couldn't help but relate the two stories together.

Well anyway, I had the chance to obtain the illegal copy before it was released officially by her, but after downloading it off of some obscure site, I decided to toss it in the trash. I just felt bad for having something that shouldn't have been released in the first place, and as a fan, I wanted to have that moment of anticipation for the book, and enjoy it in its full form. I also wanted to show my support for her as an author by purchasing the book from the store. Thanks to whoever you are, you just ruined it for the rest of us though. Ugh. Sucks :evil:
"What fools these mortals be!"