The fashion thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: The fashion thread

Post by Spartan »

I buy whatever I like as long as it's not from Primark ( I'm a bit of a snob ) But I also won't wear anything that's really fashionable so I don't buy from H&M and It's another reason not to shop at Primark. I Deliberately avoid wearing the hieght of fashion stuff, It's my style. Not saying that i'm unfashionable - I just wear jeans t-shirts and my boots, or Vans. I also wouldn't wear the fashionable stuff even if it wasn't in fashion because I don't like it, or rather it's not me - i don't dislike fashion on other people.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I LOVE shopping!
Going to shops is one of my favourite past times ;) That doesn't mean I'm spending very much money on clothes. And I can just leave the mall without anything. I just love to look around, compare prices, go back...
I don't have a specific style you can put your finger on I think. I love it, or I don't. And I really have to put my body type in mind. Cause I have a strange one.
Oooh, and I LOVE earrings, scarves and handbags. I can leave the mall without clothes but then I need to buy myself a pair of 2euro earings.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
AshleyC
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by AshleyC »

Am bumping this thread for sure : ) I love clothes! I will write some more stuff later as I've got to go back to college for a couple hours x
Male, England. : )

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profi ... 1&ref=name

Feel Free To Add Meee : )
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

I love clothes, but im not that into fashion. Well thats not entirely right. I love fashion and watching fashiontv, because i design and make clothing myself. But i dont follow fashion blindly as most ppl do. If i dont like something thats ''hot'', i will not buy it, let alobe wear it. I buy anything that fits me, what i think is cute. But it has to fit me, sometimes i like stuff, but i just doesnt suit me, so i wont buy it either.
Ive got a lot of closets full of clothing. I still fit into and wear stuff i bought like 10 yrs ago. My favourites that is, i sell a lot of stuff 2. And since i make a lot myself, ive got many many many clothes.
I dont have just one style, but most ppl would define me as a goth, which im not by the way.
I have some victorian based skirts and blouses, lots of corsets, leather pants and skirts, pvc stuff, lots of velvet and lace, striped stockings(all kinds of colours with black), lots of short skirts. I love pinstripes, specially lip service stuff. But i also wear knitted sweaters and just black pants. It just depends how i feel, where i have to go, and if im dressing up.
I usually buy clothes on sale or second hand online. When u make clothing yourself, you know what things cost, and well, most stuff are way overprized.So i almost never pay fullprize for stuff i like, unless its something i cant really make, or really love. ANd the second hand stuff, we have an online site, which has loads of ppl on it. And lots of ppl sell clothes theyve never even worn, for half price or less. So u always look at that site for nice stuff. I sell my ow there aswell. But i like to make my own the most, its unique en always just the way i want it. And not something thats overpriced and doesnt even fit right :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

I love clothes and fashion! I will say that I'm not the most fashionable of people but I do try to wear clothes I enjoy! I do keep up with the latest fashions but I hardly wear them. I am quite thin and petite so I have a hard time wearing the "latest thing" considering they expect you to be a size 2 and 6ft tall! I make do with what I can and I've always been considered fashionable! Everyone I know comes to me for fashion advice! I love shopping vintage! We have this adorable boutique where I live and they always have the cutest vintage clothes! I don't think I actually have a style. I can go anywhere from being very old fashioned (Alice Cullen type clothes) to mod (Twiggy) to Jackie O, to wearing something totally new and modern, to extremely professional for work! To sum up I love clothes, I love fashion, and I love accessories!

Jasmine-

You said you make alot of your clothes. Do you use a pattern, make your own pattern, or just wing it? I have always wanted to be able to make my own patterns but can't figure out how!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Well, i usually dont use real patterns. When i startes back in 2002 i made one pattern, and from there i just winged it. And i even make cfitte clothing for a lot of customers. Its just something thats easy for me to do.

I cant really work with real patterns, they always look to difficult for me. When i look at them i usually see an easier way to do the same. I made the wedding jacket of my husband last summer with a real pattern, and that was hell. It didnt fit well, and it was so overdone difficult, (when it didnt need to be), i really hated that. But finally, after some alterations of my own, it looked great :)

I bought this pattern of vogue to do a long wide wintercoat(inspired by the petals from tortured garden coat by lip service i already own), but i havent started yet, cause im already anxious its gonna be that way again. But ive never made a coat before, and i dont think i can make my own pattern for that yet.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Rainbowfairy
Settled in Forks

Post by Rainbowfairy »

I always wear jeans - I don't think jeans will ever go out of fashion. I'm loving leopard print at da mo. I love cute little cardigans and cute v-neck sweaters. I always like to wear dresses when going clubbing, mainly short strapless dresses - love prom dresses too. I'm also loving cute head-bands at da mo wiv cute bows on da side : ) xxx
Image Image Image
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

OMG I FNALLY FOUND FASHION THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's ya fav designer? I LOOOOOOOOOOVE marc jacob, alexander McQueen, and kira plastina.
yeah.. skinny jean and converse are very in right nnnow and colored cords... peacoats i only say for winter and fall..
next style that gonna take america by sweep it old fashiioned heritage cow girl style!!!!!!1
so get out the cow boy boots and get ready to giddy-up!!

(wow i feel like an anouncer!)lol weird...

have u guys gone swim suit shoping yet?

I'm waiting 1 more month :[ for more store to open summer suit previews
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I'm not rich so any form of designer is from thrift shops or hand-me-downs from my aunt(who has really good style, so it's clothes from her 'skinny' period a couple years back). I shop at Delia's mostly with some Aero and American Eagle if I've been saving up my babysitting money. I'm going shopping later again and seeing that I hardly get to go to the mall can anyone recomend some good basics, I'm definitely in need of white or cacky pants, but I need something for church(Shirt-wise, they could care less what we wear to worship I once came in, in extremely short shorts) and everyday also a couple things for spring, any good ideas for short and skirts.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

psugar wrote:I'm not rich so any form of designer is from thrift shops or hand-me-downs from my aunt(who has really good style, so it's clothes from her 'skinny' period a couple years back). I shop at Delia's mostly with some Aero and American Eagle if I've been saving up my babysitting money. I'm going shopping later again and seeing that I hardly get to go to the mall can anyone recomend some good basics, I'm definitely in need of white or cacky pants, but I need something for church(Shirt-wise, they could care less what we wear to worship I once came in, in extremely short shorts) and everyday also a couple things for spring, any good ideas for short and skirts.
hmmmm.... don't go with to short of skirt! but if ya do, wear really cute tights or leggings.
for church trry this for church

this for the skirt: the URL
http://media.photobucket.com/image/the% ... .jpg?o=28#

that as an example with skirt and cute tights... (there short in the pic... but it looks like a skirt :])
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata