Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
danobanano
Putting the Fun in Fun Fur

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by danobanano »

As amazing as it is to get inside my favorite vampire's mind. I'm so sad that I'm enjoying it from a Computer Screen. I really wanted to snuggle up in a blanket on my reclinder and a cup of hot chocolate to discover all this. Reading on a computer screen is so....impersonal. Boo to whoever ruined this for the rest of us.

I'm not very far along. for reason said above, computer screen reading hurts this old woman's eyes, but my initial comment is......Man oh man does this boy have a lot going on inside his head!
It's all about expectations baby
Help Save Forks High School
llovetwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by llovetwilight »

"And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways"

Is there really anymore to say about Midnight Sun than this?! :D SWOON

How excellent to have the story from both Bella and Edward! I love comparing their views on the same scenes. And the insights into all the characters through Edward's second set of "ears" is so fun!!!

I can't get enough of Edward's POV... I would read the whole series in his voice if I could... YAY for Stephenie, she really has done a wonderful job!!!
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

It really is amazing to see the scenes between Edward and Bella from Edward's POV. So many of his feelings and reactions that we thought we knew and understood turn out to be wrong and it's so interesting to see how. We tend to assume Bella's assumptions and judgements about Edward are right, but now we see that she's sooooo off sometimes. Haha actually more times than not.

It's also really cool to see how the Cullens reaally act amongst themselves and to have their strange actions explained. I didn't think I could love Alice anymore, be any more...wary of Jasper, find Emmett any more amusing[! :lol: !], be in any more awe of Carlisle's patience and compassion, see Rosalie as any more dislikable, or find Esme's ability to love so endearing, but I do. I agree. After reading this, it just makes me yearn for the rest of the series from Edward's POV. Of course that's asking too much, but getting inside his head is so...informative. His mind really is just astonishing and his pain so agonizing for the reader. I can't stop reading! Also, it's nice to see Bella from someone else's view other than Jacob Black. Though it's a bit more biased ;) .

Midnight Sun is just amazing. Like everything Stephenie has written, it's just a wonderful and spectacular work of fiction. It's terrible what has happened with its being leaked. Sometimes I feel guilty for reading it, but t's phenomenal, unedited and all.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
twilightxstars
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightxstars »

My favorite quotes were the ones when Edward said in his mind "oh, and I'm also wretchedly in love with you." or something along those lines. I was laughing so hard I'm sire i startled some neighbors. I feel like I can understand Edward so much more better now. And when I saw i was close to where it would end I'm repeating in my mind "Meadow scene. meadow scene. Please Stephenie, please have written a meadow scene.pretty pleasee" But I didn't get my meadow scene. I also find it darkly entertaining when Edward wants to kill Mike Newton. hehe.
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

twilightxstars wrote:My favorite quotes were the ones when Edward said in his mind "oh, and I'm also wretchedly in love with you." or something along those lines. I was laughing so hard I'm sire i startled some neighbors. I feel like I can understand Edward so much more better now. And when I saw i was close to where it would end I'm repeating in my mind "Meadow scene. meadow scene. Please Stephenie, please have written a meadow scene.pretty pleasee" But I didn't get my meadow scene. I also find it darkly entertaining when Edward wants to kill Mike Newton. hehe.

everything you said i agree.. from the quote it was the best!
and the meadow I WAS PRAYING for it half way in.. i was so mad.. i really really hope she finishes
and him wanting to kill mike newton.. awesomely jealous love it..
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
xjuliatm
Settled in Forks

Post by xjuliatm »

i was wondering if anyone caught what alice's vision was at the end when she said its the same meadow and edward, i love her, edward
i dont know, maybe im just slow, or do we not know what her saw yet?
TrueLove1
Settled in Forks

Post by TrueLove1 »

What I liked.....

I can't even begin to touch the surface here. The narration is beautiful. Edward and his POV are absolutely captivating. I felt just like I did the first time I read Twilight. I could not put it down. I thought that reading from Edward's POV would be insightful but because I knew this story and where it was going, I didn't think it would have the same impact on me that Twilight did. I was wrong. It grabbed me by the throat and held me in the same way.

I find myself (surprisingly) wishing this whole story was told through Edward's eyes too. It's amazing when you're pretty darn sure you think you know what motivates a character throughout a series and then find out, with a sigh of relief, that you were right. I love the fact that the Edward I thought I knew, is in fact the Edward I knew. That is one of the most satisfying things about these chapters.

I also love watching Edward fall in love. It's intoxicating. He doesn't even realize it's happening. He questions the feelings that are coming alive in himself~both emotional and physical. He's off-balance and tries to put a name to it. It's so pure and so innocent.

The fact that he can't even imagine that Bella is staring at his chest because she is lusting *grin* after him made be laugh out loud. It's sweet and endearing and tender.

Another thing that really strikes me is his realization that loving Bella has softened him. The humans don't even see him as the frightening monster that he once was because loving Bella has softened the edges. As he realizes later in the series, he is regaining his humanity and we are witnessing it all through his captivating and confused POV.

It's magic.
twilightrocksmysocks
Settled in Forks

RE: midnight sun - the 12 chapters

Post by twilightrocksmysocks »

I feel so bad for stephenie.
So I read the chapters like 2 days ago or so and they are...
AMAZING!!

I Loved how much edward adores bella. its SOO sweet.
ALSO I loved how close Emmett and Edward are! and I Love the scene where Emmett and Edward are hunting.
Its soo cute how defensive edward is of bella and emmett is just hilarious. It's also really cute how much Edward worries about Bella. And how just the thought of anything dangerous even getting near Bella like knocks the breath out of him(Edward).
That scene is sooo adorable.
Last edited by twilightrocksmysocks on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

I absolutely loved these chapters of Midnight Sun. As TrueLove1 put in her eloquent post...they were captivating. It gave me what I had been longing for; a look into the Cullens' minds and interactions as a family. We got such insight into each Cullen's unique personality.
One of my favorite moments of these chapters was when Edward was at the piano composing. I loved how Esme and Alice were with him, and the story was weaving itself into his lullaby. We were able to see that gentle, tender side of Edward from his family's perspective.
I also especially liked knowing what happened to the men in Port Angeles. I was very intrigued knowing what Carlisle had made happen. I had always wondered if anything had happened to the men. It gave us a glimpse of the respect and guidance Edward has and took from Carlisle.
I adored Twilight, and these chapters of Midnight Sun were such an added treat. We've seen the relationship of Bella and Edward develop through Bella's eyes. It was extraordinary to be able to see it through Edward's. It was fascinating to see all the Cullen's thoughts and interactions; gave us so much more information about how they exist in their day to day lives, with some insight into their pasts as well. Loved it.
LisaCullenAZ
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by LisaCullenAZ »

I find myself (surprisingly) wishing this whole story was told through Edward's eyes too. It's amazing when you're pretty darn sure you think you know what motivates a character throughout a series and then find out, with a sigh of relief, that you were right. I love the fact that the Edward I thought I knew, is in fact the Edward I knew. That is one of the most satisfying things about these chapters.
TL1, yes. YES. I can't say it any better. Such a great feeling of validation. 8-)

I also love how it makes me feel when I read about Edward's vulnerability. His open heart, his willingness to flay himself at the feet of this girl... it's just unbelievably swoony to me. My chest wants to burst open with emotion for this sweet, unaware vampire boy. His complete obliviousness of his own gorgeousness and dazzling abilities is so endearing! He has no idea of his worth. Or what he does to me.

Oh, Edward!

*faints*

Another thing I love about seeing this book through Edward's POV is that ALL the characters... even ones like Mike Newton and Jessica Stanley... are more interesting through his eyes. Because he can see what they are REALLY thinking. What is REALLY going on in those heads of theirs. It makes it all so much more intriguing. :)
...masterpiece created by Chaos. Thank you!