Relish the Dogpound--Jacob lovers unite

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Relish the Dogpound--Jacob lovers unite

Post by CastMeNotAway »

Hmm... New Jopic.... *thinks*

So did anyone else totally starting to love the idea of a Jake/Leah ship when they were reading his book? I totally thought that's where Steph was going and, to be honest, I kind of liked it! They were both able to really relate to each other's situation and kind of find a sort of comfort in one another. I warmed up to Leah really quickly in BD, and it looked like Jake did too!
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

I don't know...

I was honestly not enjoying the Leah/Jake "almost" hook up-age. I just knew that Jake was gonna find the one (imprint). And I didn't want him to be with Leah. I didn't want any what-if's. I just wanted it to be final like "ok this is who Jake is gonna be with FOREVER. No exceptions."

Which even saying it it sounds weird. But although reading the Jake/Leah conversations was one of the most enjoyable parts of BD for me because it deepened, I think, both Leah and Jake's character. But I didn't want to go in any direction other than friendly... haha.

But I do think that if Renesmee wasn't a factor SMeyer maybe(being the keyword) would've gone in that direction!
Cause I was totally thinking it was gonna happen.
J<3B
gypsyeyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by gypsyeyes »

I was always on the jacpb/leah train. I can't see them as being in love necessarily, but I could always see them having some angsty hot hate*** :twisted: :oops: They can (or could since Jake is now taken) definately relate to eachothers situation: not being able to have the one you want the way you want them, in any case. But as the song says, 'if you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with' ;)

I'm not a huge fan of renesme. Mostly I think because her name gives me major irrits. But I digress.
A question that has been bugging me for a while, I'm not sure if here's the place to ask but it sorta relates:
How come Jake imprinted on Renesme (a half-vampire) if a)thats who wolf-people(or whatever it is we're calling them these days) are supposed to hunt and b)imprinting is designed for the purpose of procreation? I assume this means Jacob+Nessie=sproglets? Would the children even be wolf-able? Wasn't that Leah's issue, that because normal procreation wasn't possible for her, she would never imprint? Does this mean that Nessie will have relatively normal children normally?

............my brain is full of questions and i'm tired so I'm not doing so good with the expression but you get the idea.

Thoughts?
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by CastMeNotAway »

I'm thinking that the whole "imprinting for procreation" thing comes into play with Nessie and Jacob because Nessie has the same number of chromosomes he does (presumably) and shares several traits with the wolves (high body temperature, unpredictable future, maturing really quickly but then ceasing to age).

So (I THINK) that having babies with Nessie would be the closest thing to having babies with another werewolf (or shape-shifter or whatever they really are).

That's just a guess, of course... but I think it kind of makes sense.

Now the only question is... will Nessie be like Leah and unable to have children? Then again... a vampire WAS able to get a human pregnant... so I guess anything's possible...

(Another random thought... if they DID have children, what would they be like? Would they drink blood? Would they turn into wolves? Would they grow old and die like normal humans? Because if they did, that would majorly suck for Nessie and Jacob because they'd outlive all their children!)
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
Juliana<3Jake

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

gypsyeyes wrote:I could always see them having some angsty hot hate*** :twisted: :oops:
LOL!
How awesome would that have been?
Oh the possibilities...
CastMeNotAway wrote:I'm thinking that the whole "imprinting for procreation" thing comes into play with Nessie and Jacob because Nessie has the same number of chromosomes he does (presumably) and shares several traits with the wolves (high body temperature, unpredictable future, maturing really quickly but then ceasing to age).
Yeah! Thats true! Never thought about it like that...

But (i'm not sure because i don't have my BD copy with me right now) didn't Sam say that imprinting was like a way to make the next pack/generation stronger? To be with the person that could carry on the line?

So if Sam is right... Will Jacsie have like mega-strong wolfpire kids?
haha.

Cause if the vampires triggers the wolf gene in the Quileutes.... And there is both vampire and wolf genes in one kid... Then wouldn't that mean that the wolf-iness is triggered like automatically?
I don't know... I'm just confusing myself. haha.
J<3B
gypsyeyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by gypsyeyes »

Juliana<3Jake: I know what you're trying to say. wow that is interesting/confusing to think about.
Maybe that's why Jake imprinted on Nessie; because any children they had would definately become wolves - its inescapable.
"a fish may love a bird senoir, but where will they live?"
What would the wolfpire kids eat though? Maybe, cause the wolves eat raw meat when in wolf form, the niblets would just favour that option over normal food?
Juliana<3Jake

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

^^^
Haha.
Yes its so interesting to think about...
I thought that half human half vamp was crazy....

But now I'm thinking hmmm... wolf... human... and vampire all in the same person.

Wish I was SMeyer so I could know all the details. :]
J<3B
Rosanesmee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rosanesmee »

Hey, can I join? I absolutely love Jacob!! hehe :D
Once you go Black, you never go back! <3 Jacob
Juliana<3Jake

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

Rosanesmee wrote:Hey, can I join? I absolutely love Jacob!! hehe :D
Yeah!
::hands toga::

By the way I love the quote in your sig. Very cute, and very true. :]
J<3B
Rosanesmee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rosanesmee »

^

Haha, definitely!

*puts on toga* WOO!

So in continuing with the jopic...
gypsyeyes wrote: What would the wolfpire kids eat though? Maybe, cause the wolves eat raw meat when in wolf form, the niblets would just favour that option over normal food?
Yeah, I'd say so, seeing as Nessie can eat human food and drink blood wouldn't eating raw meat be like combining the two? Their kid's - assuming they can have kids - would be awesome though. I mean, combining a vampire with a wolf... wow, think of how hot they would be! :lol: . And that would be improving with the new generation, they'd be ultra strong.

Oh, wait. New thought. Do you think maybe, just maybe, they would be like real werewolves? They could inherit the vampire venom, although Renesmee doesn't have venom... hmmm.
Once you go Black, you never go back! <3 Jacob