A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Adrenaline

Post by Cookies »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?

I dont know if that was SMs error or something, but yes. I was quite surprised that she learnt not to faint over the sight of blood during the course of a couple of months with Eddy.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?

It didnt matter. I didnt think anythin of it.

3.) What was your opinion of the La Push guys at this point in the story?

Hall monitors gone bad?

4.) How did you feel about Bella looking for the meadow with Jacob?
I felt sorry for her. The pain she mustve been feeling over Edward.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?

Not really, She was so consintrated on the voice, that she probably didn't notice until Jake mentioned it. She was having such an adrenaline rush that nothing really was getting through her mind correctly.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?

I knew that the bears were important, I just was't at all sure how.

I knew there was something strange about them. I kina thought Sam was a creep.

I knew it was a bad idea. Why go to the one place that has no memory other than him? It was a recipre for a emotional break down.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-yes, actually, only i didnt think of that until afterwards.

-nope, i didnt think anything of it.

-they were all very rowdy and young guys who liked fights.

-i thought it was wrong ! if bella wanted to go looking for the meadow by herself that's fine, but bringing jacob was wrong; the meadow was a symbol of bella and edwards love, its where they first declared their love for each other. bringing jacob wouldve taninted that.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood? Yeah, kinda. But she was still on adrenaline.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it? I thought it would come up because it sounded fishy.

3.) What was your opinion of the La Push guys at this point in the story? They're troublemakers like Jacob said.

4.) How did you feel about Bella looking for the meadow with Jacob? Grrrrrr. That's for Edward only!!!!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I was indeed. It seemed slightly out of character to me. Or maybe it just showed how hanging out with your vampire boyfriend can make you better resistant to seeing/smelling blood? When I reread the book I thought it might be the beginning of how Bella is slowly trying to transform into a vampire (emotionally than). You know, in BD she's drinking blood without fainting and all ... Maybe this little thing was the beginning of that change?

I thought they'd have a future role, but to me they were still just bears.

Even after what Jacon said about them I couldn't really see what was so wrong about them.

I thought it was slightly wrong for her to take someone else than Edward there, but hey, maybe it would mean something?
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

Hmmm... I didn't really think much into that, other than she just must be used to blood by now. I mean, after being attacked by a raging tracker vampire, being thrown to the ground against shattered glass, plus her usual clumsy self, what's a little crack on the forehead? Just another day in Forks!

Hmmm, at the time I had no clue that had any connection to werewolves or even Victoria. But then again, it takes me a little longer than the average to connect the dots. :)

I just thought they were a testosterone-filled bunch - the jocks of the reservation, so to speak - where Sam was clearly the leader. As Jacob started getting sick and distanced himself, and with Billy's support of Sam, I kinda put two and two together at that point.

Oooh, bad trip, girlfriend! You don't bring your rebound to your sacred place with your ex. What was she thinking, tainting *the* meadow with the werewolf kid? Are you kidding me?! I didn't like the sound of that at all, and was glad she managed to find the place solo.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

Yes. I thought she was going to pass out or something. Maybe she has suffered so much that a little blood its really nothing in comparison. That and Edwards voice is probably distracting her.

I think there has been a couple previous questions about this before. I thought it would develop into a different plot.

Which ones? Jacobs friends or the "gang". Jacobs friend seems really cool and laid back. Good guys.

I thought that was asking for trouble. At this point Bella knew that Jacob felt more strongly about her and its kinda mean to go out there looking for the essence of you past love with someone that likes you. Anyway..i dont understand why she is even bothering looking for the meadow. The house didn't do anything for her. The meadow is only special because Edward was there. Now? its just a meadow.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~yes, i was.
~i didnt think too much about it at the time.
~ they are CRAZZZYYY!!
~ i wanted her to go without jacob, and im glad she found it on her own.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

actually it was like whatever. i didnt think much of it honestly.

i thought they would play some part of it but not a huge part

they were kind of weird. but kind of interesting in a way. i wanted to learn more about them :}

i felt it was a BAD idea. i thought if they found it she would curl up in a ball and that would hurt Jacob

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood? No, because she was concentrating on how the hallucination made her feel.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it? Now I was starting to think that something was up.

3.) What was your opinion of the La Push guys at this point in the story? I thought that they were a little crazy.

4.) How did you feel about Bella looking for the meadow with Jacob? I thought that it was strange because it was her and Edward'sspecial place, not her and Jacob's.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!