Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I was watching Prince Caspian the other day, and those animals looked bad-Why are we talking about a donkey?! [[AGHH, don't kick me for that :lol: ]]
ImageImage
E<3B
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

if you want to see good wolves go back to the lion the witch and the wardrobe. I think walden did a great job on those wolves. who was talking about a donkey? why?
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:I was watching Prince Caspian the other day, and those animals looked bad-Why are we talking about a donkey?! [[AGHH, don't kick me for that :lol: ]]
How did prince caspian get into this conversation? XD
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:
twilightbelle<3 wrote:I was watching Prince Caspian the other day, and those animals looked bad-Why are we talking about a donkey?! [[AGHH, don't kick me for that :lol: ]]
How did prince caspian get into this conversation? XD
It was just the topic of special effects, and the fact that I don't think it would be very hard for them to create some magic, and produce some rad looking werewolves. I know Prince Caspian wasn't directed by Weitz, but the movies have a lot of the same qualities, and I was just tossing around the comparison... :)
ImageImage
E<3B
Constantine
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Constantine »

To be honest though, If there is anger to be released. It should be towards Melissa Rosenberg,
because shes the screen writer.
The director reads the screen play scene by scene and from his mind he attempts
to display/direct his vision onto film with the help of everyone in his crew.

So for me I hope Melissa Rosenberg, decides to stick closely to the book because
her screen conversion for Twilight, wasn't too bad but it had change alot of things.
i know you will heal, but i never wanna see you hurt.
~my fan art
edwardlikeshaystacks

I really do hope they spend a little more time on the script. I heard that the script for Twilight was written in 6 weeks. :( I too hope that they keep this as close to the book as possible. New Moon has a lot of good quotes.
Constantine
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Constantine »

The beginning of New Moon is very melodramatic, and I hope they don't alter the
film adaption that it stray's away from the feelings the book gave us.

I've read that they were planning on having Robert Pattinson, appear much more
than in the book. Which i hope that they don't do, New Moon is about Bella without
Edward and how that affects her and the people around her. Not only is it pivotal
for the relationship building with Jacob, but it also introduces the Quillette family.

Now I admit when i read that the Cullen's were leaving, I automatically skipped
to the part when Edward was back. That was a big chunk of pages i passed. I felt
that I didn't do justice to Stephenie Meyer, so I went back to where i skipped. (comforted
that Bella did in fact get her Edward back)

It was crucial that I did that because, I immediately related to Jacob, I felt his pain, I knew
all too well his emotions and role he played in the love triangle (having been in that situation
more than once myself) and I get teary eyed whenever i read anything that describes his emotions.
(Stephenie Meyer is just an awesome writer)

I do hope that they take careful steps when writing the film adaptation of the book, so that it
encompass what us readers felt as we read it.
i know you will heal, but i never wanna see you hurt.
~my fan art
edwardlikeshaystacks

I agree with you. If they put more Robert Pattinson in the film for the sake of the fangirls, I will personally go over there and slap them silly.
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

Exactly. I'm not a BIG Edward fan, but I liked Robert's performance. However, if they put more of him in just to appease the supposed fans they might lose, it TOTALLY takes away from the devestation that Bella feels. It's not that Edward goes away for just a while -- he leaves her. He takes every part that reminds her of him and just LEAVES. And she's completely lost without him, so she starts doing the stupidest things just to hear his voice. He's not actually talking to her; he doesn't know what's going on. But then Alice sees Bella jumping, he finds out, and he loses it. For over a hundered years he's never been in love, but then he meets this fragile human girl that's stronger than she looks but still so breakable. And he loves her completely. But he's afraid what he'll do, so he leaves her in hopes that it saves her. But it doesn't. At least, he doesn't THINK it helps. So because he's just so wrought with despair, he tries to end his life, and Bella just HAS to get there. And there's SO MUCH PASSION to it... It's all the more better because he's not there. It's deeper. And granted, I hated Edward for being so emo and I hated Bella for being so co-dependent, but it's going to be completely lost if they just give him more air time.

:( Plus, I want all the Jacob I can get.

They shouldn't be worried about keeping the movie interesting. Kristen can DEFINITELY support a movie, and I have faith that Taylor can, too. As somebody put it (loosely), "If he couldn't hold a movie, there wouldn't have been such a FREAK OUT when he was about to be replaced."

And I know you all know what happens, so you were probably wondering why I was preaching to the choir, but ugh... It's not that I dislike Robert at all or that I dislike Edward so much that I just want him off the screen. It's just that the suspense is PART of what makes their reunion so powerful. *sobs* I don't want to start another campaign.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:I agree with you. If they put more Robert Pattinson in the film for the sake of the fangirls, I will personally go over there and slap them silly.
I will totally come and help you, I love Robert Pattinson with all of my heart...but, JEEZ, lets keep it for the real fans, and not the ones that are only interested in the movie for all of the 'sex-on-two-legs' cast!
ImageImage
E<3B