UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

shavei7 wrote:
UnfreakinBelievable wrote:
shavei7 wrote:off topic:

Twilight fans! HELP us vote for Robert
Oh, I remember that Tennant guy, from Harry Potter right?? I thought he looked totally creepy in that movie -- how can he be competing against Rob?? Pfft . . . Rob's hotter any day of the week . . . with or without his sex hair ;)

And p.s., found some really nice pics of Rob . . . and Taylor (and his hot bod) ;)

Rob:
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 50-525.jpg

Taylor (and his muscles):
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 82-329.jpg
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 82-364.jpg
OMFG! I think my heart just jump started when I saw Rob's photos! Dammit why does that guy have to be so good looking! It's a freaking crime.

*melts*
*swooooons*

ok... back to voting...

soo off topic. lol
LOL, don't I know it!! I stared at that first pic of Rob for a VERY long time -- I'm so very DAZZLED!!! :shock:
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

hmm i voted for Johnny depp.. soo puniush me if you will i love johnny more than rob.. :D
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
CrazilyObsessed024
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

shavei7 wrote:
shavei7 wrote:off topic:

Twilight fans! HELP us vote for Robert
Oh, I remember that Tennant guy, from Harry Potter right?? I thought he looked totally creepy in that movie -- how can he be competing against Rob?? Pfft . . . Rob's hotter any day of the week . . . with or without his sex hair ;)

And p.s., found some really nice pics of Rob . . . and Taylor (and his hot bod) ;)

Rob:

Taylor (and his muscles):
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 82-329.jpg
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 82-364.jpg
OMFG! I think my heart just jump started when I saw Rob's photos! Dammit why does that guy have to be so good looking! It's a freaking crime.

*melts*
*swooooons*

ok... back to voting...

soo off topic. lol
He is unbearably gorgeous. Hey. They DID pick a good Edward. He he.
ImageImageImageImageImage
CrazilyObsessed024

twilightsagaaddict wrote:
CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:
t_feva wrote:
CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:
JenJen2112 wrote:I don't know if I'll be at a midnight showing but I'll probably see it the weekend it comes out since I don't know my school schedule for next fall. I will definitely stay away from the boards before I see it so I can form my own opinion in case people are saying it sucks and have nit picky reasons so I'm not searching for those the first time I see it. I also don't read reviews until after I see the movie because I don't want it to ruin the movie experience.
Yeah, no reviews for me either, although I will watch as much little extra clips they release as possible, to prepare myself, it helped a lot so I didn't completely lose it when I first saw Twilight. I like it now, but at first... Oh it was bad.
i dont fully understand how people thought the movie was horrible at first or at all. of course it wasnt as good as the book. i dont think any movie ever is. i didnt like the meadow scene and some other parts could have been improved greatly, but i enjoyed it. i luved it actually. was it bcaz u had high expectations? or did u think everything was just awful?
Well, I think despite preparing myself, I had high expectations. And I love Twilight more than anything else (not including people) and I wasn't used to it ever letting me down!

Plus, I have to say, I think it is a bad movie, but I was so angry it wasn't Twilight to me, I couldn't appreciate the little things that make the movie worthwhile.

I mean, it just isn't Twilight.

I have said this before, and I will say it again.

The book is about a love story, and happens to include vampires.

The movie is about vampires, and happens to include a love story.

That is how I see it anyways.

I agree with your statements: " The book is about a love story, and happens to include vampires. The movie is about vampires and happens to include a love story".

I wanted more of the love story in the movie (as it was in the book). It would have just made it more...satisfying. I didn't think the movie was bad, just left me wanting more. I think the more I read about the making of the movie, i.e. Rob's preparations in the mindset of Edward, the more I enjoy it. But I'm still hoping they bring more of the "story" to NM.

I will probably watch as many clips as I can and read as much I can on the making of NM! (Just like I continue to do with HP! :D ) I want to be prepared on what's been changed/added before I go.
Yeah that's exactly how it is fro me. I want the love story more in there! I think it came off soooo wrong in the movie. One second they had had three conversations, the next they were in love with each other. I just felt like I had missed some huge section of the movie with the entire courting process and an explanation on how MUCH they loved each other.

I have said this before too. But honestly, I don't think the audience that has not read the books will understand HOW it could be SUCH a dramatic loss and HOW she could be in SO much pain when Edward leaves her. They will need to do some major back-tracking if they want them to understand that, and not have them think she is being over-dramatic.
UnfreakinBelievable

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Did you guys notice this bit of news on the Lexicon's news blog:
Shock Til You Drop has an article about director James Mangold possible helming Eclipse.
Does that mean he'll be co-directing or replacing Chris Weitz for Eclipse??

And has anyone ever heard of him? What movies has he done?
Mara Jade Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

CrazyObsessed: I agree with you. I think that there may have been too many long looks artistically shot but not enough dialogue to support them in the movie. And due to the lack of exposition, Edward's "guardian" behaviors come off much more creepy than they do in the book. I was watching part of the beginning of the movie on my ipod this morning with Edward telling her how he had been following her. And it just came off as being more stalker than guardian.
Team Edward
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

nafereti wrote:
UnfreakinBelievable wrote:I haven't looked for a thread that talks about Rob's hair (I'm sure that one exists somewhere), but I just read that he got in trouble for cutting his hair . . . . I hadn't really worried until now that it won't be long enough for the movie -- but if he's gotten in trouble it makes me worry some . . . if he has to wear a wig it will be gagful.

Rob, you rebel you -- not wearing invisaline braces when they asked you to, cutting your hair -- dude, you're playing Edward -- gotta be working toward perfection, not against it.

Oh well, gotta love ya anyway ;)
There is a thread about his hair. I just forget what forum it's in. But you said you "read" he got in trouble for cutting it. Where?! & can you link it??

Here's your link:
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_ma ... ng_on.html
Thanks!! I couldn't help but laugh. Wow, he actually got in trouble for cutting his "edward" hair. Poor Rob!! I hope his hair grows back before filming. :?: Do you think he would have to wear a wig? Hmm...
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
CrazilyObsessed024

Mara Jade Cullen wrote:CrazyObsessed: I agree with you. I think that there may have been too many long looks artistically shot but not enough dialogue to support them in the movie. And due to the lack of exposition, Edward's "guardian" behaviors come off much more creepy than they do in the book. I was watching part of the beginning of the movie on my ipod this morning with Edward telling her how he had been following her. And it just came off as being more stalker than guardian.

Thank you. And I totally agree. It was sweet and romantic in the book, but in the movie I was like "Stalker!"

It comes off totally creepy.

Staring at her while he is all sweaty-looking and she is basically convulsing.

And the whole watching you sleep thing is not explained because in the movie the whole talking in her sleep thing is never mentioned.

:cry:

Everything that makes Twilight Twilight is totally absent in the movie!

Sleeptalking, Cullens History, Edward and Bella's love, Jasper and Alice and all their powers explained and present a lot, Courting process, Bella's hate of blood...

There are so many more but I am getting mad, and I am going to stop.
Davnee
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Davnee »

About Rob's hair. Since New Moon is more Jacob/Bella anyway, maybe if they push Rob's scenes back a bit and concentrate on Kristen and Taylor's stuff first, that'll give him time to grow it back. I bet he'll never do that again. :lol:
beena
Settled in Forks

Post by beena »

Anyone else see the EW article that says the only characters that have been cast are Edward, Bella and Jacob? Are they recasting the rest?