Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Jacob Black

Post by Amethyst1 »

hopefully alice or jasper or emmett...how about the cullens?

I don't really like taylor so i proberly wouldn't buy a jacob doll...
Mara Jade Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

I'd probably buy and Alice doll. Alice and Seth are my favorite secondary characters. :D
If they did Jasper, would they give him that deer-in-the-headlights look that Rathbone had in the movie? :lol:
Team Edward
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

we're talking about dolls now?
hmmm, guess I'll check back later, then...
I don't have any desire to own any twilight character dolls, I'd much rather just keep them fresh in my mind, rather than picturing them as little squeezable figurines, or whatever...
But to each his/her own, so enjoy!!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

I am personally rather reluctant for a Jacob Black book - personally I am hoping that it is told either from Leah’s or Renesmee’s point of views (…Stephenie seems to agree) - my strongest preference is the latter. The Cullens are my favourite family along with the Voltri and having Renesmee’s narration will allow for more interaction with both.

Jacob’s book from breaking dawn point blank wasn’t my favourite (it was the last book if you’re curious)although I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed quil, seth and leah interactions. And I am also curious how Stephenie will choose to present Jacob - throughout the series Jacob has never been anything more than a plot device ushered in. I realize she has a strong preference to him and that greatly effected how he was presented in eclipse - I more worried and curious how she will portray him in a book centrally focused on him. .

SenorGimp - no, not precisely. Mara Jade Cullen wanted to know what people thought, that doesn’t disallow anyone from posting anything unrelated though ^___~

Also, Mara Jade Cullen - you have to tell me how you like the Edward Doll when it arrives?
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

malaz, what did you mean when you said "(it was the last book if you're curious)"?
Technically, it was the second book in the book (that sounds weird to say..), so I guess you're saying it was the last on your list of favorites?
just looking for clarification.
I'm not entirely sure I understand the reason for your reluctance on the idea of a book from Jacob's POV.. I think it would make for a great story, but I guess our preferences on the various characters has been well-outlined at this point, so I guess it's pretty much a non-issue...
But, yeah, if you could clarify your 'last book' statement, that would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
buffygrl3

Post by buffygrl3 »

I think a book form Jake's POV would be amazing. Throughout the series he's been there for Bella, and he's been a great way to provide some comic relief. In all the books where he shows up he's been a fairly major part in all of the action and drama. In BD he becomes very much a member of the Cullen family, which draws him even further into the storyline. If there is ever a fifth book carrying on this story, Jacob will have to be a big part of it and I'm not sure if the whole story could be told if Jake's point of view was never injected into the plot. Especially since he and at least half of the Cullen's are pretty much a package deal (he's tied to Nessie, Nessie's tied to Bella and Edward, and Bella and Edward are tied to the rest of the family). If they decided to boot Jake out the door, Nessie would freak and Bells and Ed would do everything possible to get him back so that their baby would be happy. I guess what I'm saying, to put it simply, is that Jake's POV is too interesting and he's too intertwined with the story to be left out.

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

senorgimp - i meant that book 3 in breaking dawn is my favourite. sorry it was so confusing.

i am reluctant for a book told from his point of view - like i said, SM seems to agree. she said she will either write from renesmee or leah - and i am hoping for renesmee to keep closer to the cullens. I love Leah - and although i love the wolves - i prefer the vampires.
Mara Jade Cullen

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

SenorGimp wrote:we're talking about dolls now?
hmmm, guess I'll check back later, then...
I don't have any desire to own any twilight character dolls, I'd much rather just keep them fresh in my mind, rather than picturing them as little squeezable figurines, or whatever...
But to each his/her own, so enjoy!!
LOL. I can understand that. And you're not alone in that feeling.

I'm a collector, however. And I love doll representations of characters that I love.
I have many Gone With the Wind, Lord of the Rings, many many Star Wars, and DC Comic character dolls. So an Edward doll really wouldn't be out of place for me. ;)

Malaz: Sure. I'll give a review when I get it. Won't be until late Spring according to the company.
Team Edward
BellaSwan
Settled in Forks

Post by BellaSwan »

Ok in my opinion, Jacob totally got screwed! He was a really nice guy in Twilight, then he fell in love with Bella, and he became a total jerk! He never got the girl (Bella) but he got really close! He gave everything for her, and she broke his heart. And yes in the end he got Nessie, but he has to wait 7 years till he can really enjoy the relationship. Yes he is happy in the end, but his happiness before that? Now I'm team edward, but that doesn't mean Jacob shouldn't be happy!
flutterbymonkeys`

Post by flutterbymonkeys` »

What part of Jacob do you hope would develop most if there were to be a book five?

I would like to see his relationship with Renesmee develop. This is really all I would want to see out of a book 5. I would write one myself, as a fanfiction, but it would probably be bad....

Ooh, Jacob dolls??? I want one!
Lion+Lamb=Lochness Monster!
JN