General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Most Romantic Scene in the Twilight Series

Post by Babygirl67 »

when bella says that they belong together and then he pulls her into the water and says forever he agreed :) favorite one they're perfect together..
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I've yet to read the last book, but of the ones I can remember, I really like when Bella and Edward are alone in his house and he gives her the charm and proposes to her. (Eclipse) Its so awfully sweet.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Wow. As if you could narrow it down...Most of my favorites seemed to be included in my scanning of the thread. But, and please forgive me if this one is included in the previous posts and I missed it...
Eclipse, p 609-611
When I woke up, there was no disorientation. I opened my eyes--finally dry--and met his anxious gaze.
"Hey, " I said. My voice was hoarse. I cleared my throat.
He didn't answer. He watched me, waiting for it to start.
"No, I'm fine, " I promised. "That won't happen again."
His eyes tightened at my words.
"I'm sorry that you had to see that, " I said. "That wasn't fair to you."
He put his hands on either side of my face.
"Bella...are you sure? Did you make the right choice? I've never seen you in so much pain--" His voice broke on the last word.
But I had known worse pain.
I touched his lips. "Yes."
"I don't know..." His brow creased. "If it hurts you so much, how can it possibly be the right thing for you?"
"Edward, I know who I can't live without."
"But..."
I shook my head. "You don't understand. You may be brave enough or strong enough to live without me, if that's what's best. But I could never be that self-sacrificing. I have to be with you. It's the only way I can live."
He still looked dubious. I should never have let him stay with me last night. But I had needed him so much...
"Hand me that book, will you?" I asked, pointing over his shoulder.
His eyebrows pulled together in confusion, but he gave it to me quickly.
"This again?" he asked.
"I just wanted to find this one part I remembered...to see how she said it..." I flipped through the book, finding the page I wanted easily. The corner was dog-eared from the many times I'd stopped there. "Cathy's a monster, but there were afew things she got right," I muttered. I read the lines quietly, mostly to myself. " ' If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.' " I nodded, again to myself. "I know exactly what she means. And I know who I can't live without."
Edward took the book from my hands and flipped it across the room--it landed with a light thud on my desk. He wrapped his arms around my waist.
A small smile lit his perfect face, though worry still lined his forehead. "Heathcliff had his moments, too, " he said. He didn't need the book to get it word perfect. He pulled me closer and whispered in my ear, " ' I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

Sorry, I know it's a long quote, but it kind of takes the whole thing. Maybe it isn't romantic in the traditional sense, but I absolutely love what happens here. Edward just spent the night holding Bella while she wept for loosing Jacob. Here, more than ever I think, Edward would walk away if he thought that's what Bella wants. But, Bella knows, now more surely than ever, exactly what she wants. Both Bella and Edward have decided, chosen each other. What ever else happens, it will happen to both of them.
Last edited by Jazz Girl on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Jazz Girl wrote:Sorry, I know it's a long quote, but it kind of takes the whole thing. Maybe it isn't romantic in the traditional sense, but I absolutely love what happens here. Edward just spent the night holding Bella while she wept for loosing Jacob. Here, more than ever I think, Edward would walk away if he thought that's what Bella wants. But, Bella knows, now more surely than ever, exactly what she wants. Both Bella and Edward have decided, chosen each other. What ever else happens, it will happen to both of them.
Just...wow. Good job posting this one! I also LOVE what happens here, beyond words...
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

^^^I agree! Great quote. It's quite a turning point in edward and bella's relationship.
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
bao wewolf
Settled in Forks

Post by bao wewolf »

Tons of favorite parts but one that kinda makes me laugh and sigh at the same time is in Midnight Sun when he can't attend class cuz it's bright and sunny so he's hiding out in the forest looking at her and wishing it wasn't so bright. Mike Newton walks over to talk to her and tucks a strand of Bella's flying hair behind her ear. Edward gets severly jealouse and crushes a tree with his bare hands. I always laugh and coo at the same time! For those who haven't read Midnight Sun... You should!! It's quite romantic seeing Bella from Edward's perspective. Something about someone so fragile like her needing someone strong and protective like him. I could totally eat that up.
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

^^ Agreed! I can't wait to read MS again, I LOVE it!! That is a very cute scene :D
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
\/Brittany\/

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

^^Me too! I love the idea of having a someone who is protective of me. I can't explain it, I have just always loved that.
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

\/Brittany\/ wrote:^^Me too! I love the idea of having a someone who is protective of me. I can't explain it, I have just always loved that.
Same here. I think that's one of the many reasons I'm Team Edward. I mean, nothing against Jake and I'm not saying he isn't protective, but Edward's always been more protective, and I love that about him :D

....That was very political of me, eh? ;) lol
E<3B
\/Brittany\/

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

^^LOL yeah! I love when Edward threatens to break Jacob's jaw in Eclipse if he ever returns Bella in less than perfect condition.