Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Jazz Girl wrote:Yes, all I can say is ditto, TeamEdward1918. I totally agree. I think the only one I would add is, in Eclipse, the end of Unhappy Ending into the beginning of Temper. After her story, Rosealie says to Bella, "I know you're frustrated that he's keeping you locked up like this, but don't give him too bad a time when he gets back. He lovs you more than you know. It terrifies him to be away from you." So, what does Bella do? She jumps on the back of a motorcycle with Jacob!!!!!! Really?!?!?! Are you bloody kidding me?!?!?! I am rereading Eclipse right now, and even now, I still throw the book down and start ranting for a good 2 minutes about what an idiot that girl can be. :evil: ......... :oops: ........ :? Okay, sorry. I've calmed.
Yes, it is so nice to have all of my fellow Lex-dwellers to talk through these things with. Though, I must admit, my husband has become quite the Twilighter as well, so that makes it kind of fun, a different point of view.
Oh, definitely a good addition, I felt the same way :evil: I'm on the series the second time through, also on Eclipse and around the same part. I'm on the chapter "Legends." I love Bella, and her whining never bothers me like it bothers some, but I get feisty when she runs off with and/or kisses Jacob :evil:
Aww, a hubby who's a twilighter!! That's so cute!! :D
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:Oh, definitely a good addition, I felt the same way :evil: I'm on the series the second time through, also on Eclipse and around the same part. I'm on the chapter "Legends." I love Bella, and her whining never bothers me like it bothers some, but I get feisty when she runs off with and/or kisses Jacob :evil:
Aww, a hubby who's a twilighter!! That's so cute!! :D
Yep, that definitely comes in handy. :D But, I think he really kind of had to join the Twiverse. But, now that he's here, he loves it almost as much as I do.
As for Bella, I can't say she bothers me. But, there are definitely moments when...I just can't reconcile the things she does. Honestly, all of the moments I would post on this thread are instigated by Bella. But, that's also what makes the story so compelling. She & Edward overcome all of it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:
cullens_love wrote:[you are lucky you have somebody with who you can actually talk about the twilight obsession, my friends like it but are not emotionally attached so they roll their eye cause I like to talk about the characters :roll:
Aww, I know how you feel, up until today the only people I had to vent with were here on the lex! But you know, it still feels that way kind of...She's about to see the movie for the first time and I told her after she saw it we'd talk about every scene...she said "well, maybe not every scene..." lol. So the only people who truly understand are still here. I just appreciate it that I know someone who won't look at me like I'm nuts when I say the books are putting me in a bad/depressed mood when I'm reading certain parts, or to ramble on about Edward with. To be honest, I sort of think I'm nuts over this....but it's fun so no complaints :D

If you ever feel like venting/rambling/obsessing feel free to pm me :D I could talk forever about the characters!
yeah I could talk about it forever too. Thanks for your offer ;)
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Jazz Girl wrote:Honestly, all of the moments I would post on this thread are instigated by Bella. But, that's also what makes the story so compelling. She & Edward overcome all of it.
Hmm, now that you mention it, I guess there are more of those scenes (instigated by Bella) than I thought. But I agree, it does make it more compelling, I just wish Edward never had to suffer because of it :(

cullens_love, you're welcome :D
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Something that really annoys me is when Edward takes some part out of Bella's truck so she can't see Jacob, in Eclipse. If she wants to see him, she should be able to, it's her right. It annoys me also when she goes to her room afterward and opens the window as wide as it can go. That makes me want to rip the book apart, only I would never do that :lol:
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

-Jasper wrote:Something that really annoys me is when Edward takes some part out of Bella's truck so she can't see Jacob, in Eclipse. If she wants to see him, she should be able to, it's her right. It annoys me also when she goes to her room afterward and opens the window as wide as it can go. That makes me want to rip the book apart, only I would never do that :lol:
Believe me, -Jasper, I completely understand. It kind of snaps my teeth together, too. But, I don't find it that nerve-wracking or bothersome. I guess, I can see from Edward's point of view why he does it. When Alice literally sees Bella disappear, he goes a little crazy. Not a big surprise. He really has a tendency to do that, doesn't he?
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

My most nerve wrecking moment, like so many people, is "the end". I literally cried my eyes out. Deep dpwn i was hoping he would just turn around and come back. Then i started turning the pages and all the months passed by... I was so sad. I knew Edward was coming back, oviously, but i still felt so torn for Bella.
Vampire vs. Werewolf is the new Pirate vs. Ninja
tbisbee2165
Settled in Forks

Post by tbisbee2165 »

this is my first post on here, sooo hope it doesnt suck too bad :)

well, probably the time when i was literally struck with anticipation, (well one of them) was in new moon, when bella was with jacob, and the black mercedes pulled up. it took all my strength while reading it to not skip forward and find edward at all... so when i saw that car, i was PRAYING it was edward back again, obviously it was not him... but i was on edge the whole end of the chapter...

"it was a black car- a car i knew. i might be the furthest thing from an autophile, but i could you everything about that particular car. It was a Mercedes S55 AMG... It was Carlisle's car."
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

tbisbee2165 wrote:this is my first post on here, sooo hope it doesnt suck too bad :)

well, probably the time when i was literally struck with anticipation, (well one of them) was in new moon, when bella was with jacob, and the black mercedes pulled up. it took all my strength while reading it to not skip forward and find edward at all... so when i saw that car, i was PRAYING it was edward back again, obviously it was not him... but i was on edge the whole end of the chapter...

"it was a black car- a car i knew. i might be the furthest thing from an autophile, but i could you everything about that particular car. It was a Mercedes S55 AMG... It was Carlisle's car."

Tbisbee2165, welcome to the Lex. I hope you enjoy our musings. And, no, your first post didn't suck. It was actually great. That's a great moment in the story. I was freaking out, too. I wanted to shout, "Finally!!!!!" As much as I love Alice, I was really disappointed when it was her, but then my analytical side kicked in and I knew that something was horribly wrong. Ugh!! Well played.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

I have to say, just reading all of the posts puts me back on the edge of my seat!

My heart stopping moment was not one of fear, but admiration. When Bella removes her shield and lets Edward in. My heart stopped. She was finally able to give Edward everything he ever wanted. It made me want to cry!
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."