Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Special Effects

Post by debussygirl »

^^Yeah, true.
I heard about that body glitter and first I laughed and then that same horror washed over me. It's not supposed to be funny, it's supposed to be amazing!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Vampire4eva
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Vampire4eva »

A graduate with a film production degree I went in not expecting a great deal but considering the low budget I thought the film did exceptionally well with the special effects and the cinematography. However I didnt like the jump in the sequence leading up to Bella revealing that she knows hes a vampire.
The film was shot beautifully, some very well shot scenes.
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

So I just got back from the third time watching Twilight and I must say I don't like the effects any better than I did the first two times, haha. I realized that the sparkling scene makes him look like he's sweating :( and someone was just very odd about the meadow scene where he's telling Bella that he's the worlds most dangerous predator. -jumps from place to place- But it worked for some parts, like when he went to get the door for Bella.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

i though most of the special effect in the twlight movie were awasome
.xLostWayx.
Settled in Forks

Post by .xLostWayx. »

I thought that the sparkle seen was...... :shock:

The after image when the vampires ran fast was a tad off too....
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:So I just got back from the third time watching Twilight and I must say I don't like the effects any better than I did the first two times, haha. I realized that the sparkling scene makes him look like he's sweating :( and someone was just very odd about the meadow scene where he's telling Bella that he's the worlds most dangerous predator. -jumps from place to place- But it worked for some parts, like when he went to get the door for Bella.
You and I are on the same page there...sorry so late to post, but I had to bring it back up again. I thought the same thing - Edward never looks worse than in those sparkling scenes - I laughed out loud in the theater! Couldn't help it.

And yes - there's something awkward about the dialog when he all of the sudden reveals everything. It goes from him being anxious to see her reaction, to him just blurting everything out. It never explains that. Is he trying to scare some sense into her? Is it because he just wants to be himself for her? And all of the sudden Bella is throwing herself at him - it doesn't explain that either. It was very awkward for me - like they tried to throw way too much together. My least favorite scene in the movie.

Image Image
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

.xLostWayx. wrote:I thought that the sparkle seen was...... :shock:

The after image when the vampires ran fast was a tad off too....
I had a hard time with the wire work - it was best in the fight scene at the end. I thought Rob actually did the best with the running...Cam just looked like a fool. The jumping from tree to tree was kinda sad, too - but I feel like Rob did the best he could with the resources.

Image Image
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

i liked the sparkle scene but i thought he was supposed to do it in the field soo that was disopointin i mean that was stephs whole dream wasnt it??
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KStew and RPatz »

I have a question. In the hospital scene after Bella was attacked by James, wouldn't Edward's eyes be slightly red? Even though he only drank a little of her blood, wouldn't it show? Or would it have gone through his system already? This wasn't addressed in the book and I thought it would be put under Special Effects, but I wasn't sure. :?
Emmett_Pwnz_All
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Emmett_Pwnz_All »

Teh jumping could have been better :P
Emmett running up the tree was pwned, and the baseball running was good. Basically Rob jumping or running up the mountian sucked...maybe it was just him! :P *jokes*
mimiishinlove<3
Image `; [mimimccarty<3 lubs kellmett and the medic droid<3] Karl=TwiGuy#1Mimi2=TwiTwin! :D
OMEEEE ILY GREGORYGORGEOUS<3