General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Denali Coven

Post by urcoolcarrie »

the denali clan have always been very interesting to me. i have tried to learn so much about them, because they are just so...interesting. i honestly can't think of a better word.
i think i like them. they don't play a very major role in any of the books, but they are like the cullens in their dietary choices, and i have always wondered why. i'm glad that we got to see more of them in breaking dawn. i needed to learn more about them.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
ShootingStar
Wandering Through Town

Post by ShootingStar »

I adored the Denali clan when they were all sexy and man-eaterish. I thought that was such a good part to the story!
I loved the idea a group of girl vegetarian vampires who just love men, I would SO live with them! Haha.

I love the fact also in BD that they were portrayed to be nice as well, but I have to admit, that they all started partnering up I was like...hmmph, you're not as cool anymore! But I guess everyones gotta fall in love sometime, I mean, if you live forever, it's gonna happen isn't it?

I would rather live with the Denali's than the Cullens I think, they seem like such a fun time =].

xxx
"I can do this, I lied to myself feebly. No one was going to bite me." - Bella, first day of school. =]

Don't you know who you are, you're my shooting star.
E <3 B.

\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

^^^Ha! I totally agree. It would be so fun to live with the Denali clan! Imagine the slumber parties! No one would fall asleep, though.

I love them. I like how Tanya was so loyal to the Cullens after not having Edward return her feelings and the loss of her sister. They just rock.
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

They were incredibly forgiving, which was pretty amazing. I thought Irina did what she did just to be cruel and get even, but that apparently wasn't the entire reason. Her past and her pain... Her anger probably influenced her actions a bit, but my opinion on her really changed at the end when she tried to rectify her mistake. I'm so sad she died. :(

On a side note: One of my wacky-random-WTH? theories before BD came out was that Irina was going to imprint on Jake. Lol. I thought that would have been her hilarious. But sigh... No such luck. It would have been a lot easier on her.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Team Edward Girl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Team Edward Girl »

I like all of the Denali's (esp. Kate, she's AWESOME), except Irina. Reading BD for the third time made me feel sorry that she died and I understood her pain about losing Laurent, her guy. But she really shouldn't have turned in her FAMILY for crying-out-loud. Did she really think the Cullens capable of that kind of evilness? (seriously, what creep first thought "Hey, I'm gonna bite a human child and see what happens." WTH?!?). Sure the Cullens were with the wolves, but I think Laurent got what he deserved. He was going to kill Bella which would have led to Edward killing himself, that would've hurt the Cullens and then the Denali's would hurt too. So in summary, Irina needed to pick a better man! Kate's awesome. She SO deserves Garrett, and her power is freakin' cool! Tanya's okay. I thought she was funny in her little appearance in Midnight Sun and I liked how she was able to accept that her and Edward were just friends/cousins :lol: . I thought Carmen and Eleazar were so cute together. I loved it when especially when Carmen was speaking Spanish to Renesmee, that was so adorable. I like Eleazar because he was the one to inform the Cullen's about Bella's power, (that took forever for them to figure it out. Then again it's not as prominent as "I'm hearing your thoughts as you think them" or "I know what's gonna happen five minutes from now."). I've even come up with people who I thought could play Irina and Kate (I have yet to find my Tanya, Eleazar, and Carmen). Those who watch Heroes, Kristen Bell could play Kate. IDK all her days as Elle, the girl that gernerates electricity, makes her the Kate I always see when reading Breaking Dawn. For Irina, former Lost cast member, Maggie Grace (back when she was blonde) could so work for Irina. The fact that both Irina and Shannon were very bitter, and both killed because of a misunderstandings, Just makes me think it could work. Ever since I first read the scene in Breaking Dawn where Irina shows up, I saw the girl that played Shannon from Lost.

*Note: This is not me saying I know who's playing the Denali's. I don't. This is just me putting in my two cents on who I imagined when I read Breaking Dawn. So now you know I'm not trying to start rumors or anything. :) Peace out!
"I see you lying next to me with words I thought I'd never speak; awake and unafraid asleep or dead" -Famous Last Words" My Chemical Romance
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

i think at first they were a little judgemental of bella.
edward4ever

Post by edward4ever »

Immy93 wrote:I would have loved it if something had happened before between Edward and Tanya!
A one night or something!
I'm not saying he should have cheated on bella but before he knew her!
It would have really put some drama in the book and put a rocket under Bella's backside!

I thought it was good that Tanya was nice though!
It made me wonder why Edwrad turned her down and why he was so attracted Bella in the first place!

Does anyone agree?
xxx
But don't you remember?...Edward was that guy. He believed that 'love' and 'lust' held the same place in his heart. He could never have a "thing" with Tanya because she was just interested in the lust she had for Edward. She was a true succubus. "The original" (Her words!). Sure, she was beautiful to him. He had met many beautiful women in his life, but it wasn't just physical beauty that attracted Edward to Bella. It had to touch him on an emotional level as well. He wasn't the "one night stand" kind of guy. And he wasn't looking for it. He thought his life was complete in and of itself. He didn't feel he was missing anything until he fell in love with Bella.
That's what makes his love for Bella that much more powerful! He never felt lust/love for anyone but Bella. His love (and Bella's) transcends the normal human emotions we all have towards other people.

So, a fling between Edward and Tanya (although entertaining to us) would have been wrong on so many levels.
Nerd wrote:I thought Irina did what she did just to be cruel and get even, but that apparently wasn't the entire reason. Her past and her pain...

Yes, anger and vengeance fueled Irina...but another purpose for turning them into the Volturi was equal justice for her mother's death. If her mother's price for creating an immortal child was death...then their punishment should be the same.
Babygirl67 wrote:i think at first they were a little judgemental of bella.

They were judgemental of Bella, just as Rose had been. They couldn't understand Edward's draw to 'ordinary Bella' when they "knew" how beautiful they were in comparison. But, again, Edward didn't look solely at outward beauty.
Last edited by edward4ever on Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

edward4ever wrote: But don't you remember?...Edward was that guy. He believed that 'love' and 'lust' held the same place in his heart. He could never have a "thing" with Tanya because she was just interested in the lust she had for Edward. She was a true incubus. "The original" (Her words!). Sure, she was beautiful to him. He had met many beautiful women in his life, but it wasn't just physical beauty that attracted Edward to Bella. It had to touch him on an emotional level as well. He wasn't the "one night stand" kind of guy. And he wasn't looking for it. He thought his life was complete in and of itself. He didn't feel he was missing anything until he fell in love with Bella.
That's what makes his love for Bella that much more powerful! He never felt lust/love for anyone but Bella. His love (and Bella's) transcends the normal human emotions we all have towards other people.

So, a fling between Edward and Tanya (although entertaining to us) would have been wrong on so many levels.
Yes your completely right of course, but for the sake of the story!
It would have just added some more drama to the mix! :D

xxx
:D :D
ImageEdward Cullen
imwiththewolf23
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by imwiththewolf23 »

yeah, i agree that it would have made it more interesting, but lets keep in mind that edward is a gentleman. (yes, im i team jacob fan, and i said it. sue me.)

by the way i kind of imagined Eleazar looking like Josh Hartnett. only he would have to pull off a hispanic accent.
Clara "Al Capone" Romano for Twi-Mafia
The first werewolf in the mafia with a power. don't touch me, It'll hurt.
Lidia's official comedian
TEAM JACOBImage
\/Brittany\/
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

^^I can see what you mean about Eleazar. I think Ana de la Reguera would be great as Carmen.
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring