Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bellbird Cullen
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by Bellbird Cullen »

I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SO SO MUCH!!!

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?No, not at all :( - i think its such a cool weakness for Bella to have - she needed saving by Edward ;)

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
No, never. I was completely taken by the whole idea of Edward picking her up and carrying her...SAVING HER...! I thought it was so sweet and it gave them another justification to be touching each other...in MS Edward thinks about it as being a reason to be touching Bella and without nearly as much fear that he might hurt her because it was for justified reasons...

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I agree - the way other characters are portrayed, Eg: Mike, Jessica and their trivial matters of attention in comparison to Bella definetely make her out to be much more mature. Bella carries more mature themes in the sense that she is entirely independant [looking after Rene, cooking for Charlie/looking after herself in Charlie's house - she rarely spends time with him which is clearly indictive of her 'no-need' for parenting of guidance...]. Bella doesn't really exerience [outwardly] high-school jealousy and is wise enough to see when she is the cause of it [Eg: she squeezes Jessica into the 'shotgun' seat in Mike's van on their irst trip to La Push in Twilight...]. Bella seriously debates internally over issues relating to her own mortality when she is 17 - juxtaposed against Jessica's worries about finding dates and dresses for the girls-choice spring dance makes Jessica and others around Bella seem tivial and i guess, somewhat 'normal' for their age.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
Edward really opens himself up more for the readers AND Bella in this chapter - his reaction to Bella lying on the pavement showed his deep care and concern for bella [and his subsequent actions]. I think it subtly marks that Edward is with Bella to stay - that he won't try to protect her from himself again even though he feels selfish for deciding so.
The Bellbird who fell for the Edward...
the element met its maker and blushed...

TEAM EDWARD FOR...EVER.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
Nope. Blood hasn't ever bothered me. I have a bit of a fear of needles, but ironically enough, conquered that by regularly donating blood. :)
2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
No. I was really intrigued as to how he would handle it, but I never thought there was a danger to her. Primarily because it wasn't her blood that was present, but there are already hints at just how far Edward is going to deny his nature.
3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
Absolutely. From the beginning, she seems more mature than her years. You already know she is used to being the caretaker from the way she immediately searches out ways to take care of Charlie, ie doing the grocery shopping, cooking, laundry etc.
4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
He seems...hopeful? You start to see the connection between the two, as well as his protective side. You also get brief glimpses of his more playful side, which is wonderful.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Kimmygirl23
Settled in Forks

Post by Kimmygirl23 »

no, I still don't understand why people can faint after seeing blood...like a big
open wound with flesh hanging...ok, now when you feel queasy when you see that
ok I can understand, but a drop of blood? not really...

No the opposite, I thought it was sweet that he shows he secretly cares for Bella

Kind of both, Bella can be a real grown up sometimes, but a real kid the other times

it was kind of sweet, showing that he does have a soft spot, and isnt really that scary at all
~TEAM EDWARD~
DoNotFeartheDark
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by DoNotFeartheDark »

1. No. i mean for me, just a little bit of blood or even a big cut with a lot of blood doesn't faze me. I don't want to see blood, but i'm okay with it. If its a big open flesh wound and it's all gory and messed up, then that's a different story. Don't want to see it.

2. No i wasn't. actually, this might sound stupid, i felt butterflies, as if he picked me up. I thought it was cute. It shows that he cares for her.

3. I agree. she seems way more mature than others and real grown-up.

4.I liked that Edward softened up. Actually i was relieved. I didn't like that he was all cold(no pun intended). It was sweet and he was open more. and amusing. he was much more playful. Like he wanted to convince her that he wasn't cold and scary.
Monica Romela, the Spaz of the Mafia; The Cheerful Assassin
Image Banner courtesy of Cullen_Lover
Co-Founder of ALESW; Awesome League of Extroadinary Skit Writers. Yes, it's sparkly.
sleepingshadow
Settled in Forks

Post by sleepingshadow »

I don't really mind my blood so much as other people's blood. And the smell of blood definitely makes my stomach flop.

No, I wasn't afraid. I felt endeared that he was trying to care for her.

I agree. Bella presents herself as wise beyond her years.

I was surprised that he let her in a little bit more. This is really where he starts showing a steady sign of being overprotective of Bella. You can tell he cares more about her but is still hesitant to get too close.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~yes, i get sick around blood.

~I was not afraid for her. I had a good feeling about Edward from the beginning.

~I agree. She is very mature for her age. :P

~idk. it was a nice gesture
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
EdwardCullen4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by EdwardCullen4eva »

1. I get a little grossed out around blood, but i would be able pricking my finger like what happened in Bella's biology class.

2. No, i thought it was very cute, and i knew that Edward had enough self control, especially around Bella.

3. I agree, Bella is very mature and she listens very well.

4. I thought he was finally realizing that Bella is very special to him.
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

*This totally should have been in the MOVIE!*

It really depends... Usually yes, but it's from sight, not smell. :( Even too much of my own blood can freak me out.

The funny thing is that no, I wasn't. It was strictly a comedic moment to me. By this point in the book, I was pretty sure that he wasn't the uber jerk I had thought he was in the beginning. I started to feel like he cared about her in some manner. Plus, I knew that there were already two more books out, so nothing BAD could really happen.

Ummm... I think I was torn. Leaving her mother for the discomfort of a town she hated and a dad she didn't really relate to was DEFINITLY mature of her. I love my mom to DEATH, and I think we have an AMAZING relationship, but I don't think that I could do that. However, her fixation on Edward has always come across as very high school-ish to me.

This is so lame. Lol. ME, not the question. I've been re-reading Twilight this week and I'm still a little fuzzy. I was a little annoyed when he griped at Bella to get into his car because he promised to take her home safely. How he grabbed her arm and got angry at her seemed a little controlling to me. Okay, a LOT controlling to me... But I liked that he was warming up to her. :)
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

1.) I hate blood. It doesn't make me pass out, but i can't stand the sight of it. I've never seen any of those famous bloody horror films and I'm 17 years old. I just hate it. But I can't smell it...

2.) I didn't worry for Bella. I guess I just figured that as long as she was at school, she'd be safe. It never crossed my mind that Edward was more than capable of taking her away and killing her. He just seemed genuine in wanting to help her.

3.) I definitely agree. Just look at Bella in comparison with her peers, like Jessica. She is just much more mature.

4.) I like Edward's demeanor in this chapter because he is finally picking a mood and sticking with it. No more whiplash inducing mood swings for now.
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Definitely not.. I plan on being a doctor! And I love taking care of people when they are hurt.

No. Lol actually.. the first time I read that chapter.. I thought Bella had figured out he was a vampire and thats why she said "Keep your hand in your pocket", but eventually I realized it was for her benefit. I was excited.

In some ways she is older and more mature and in the other less mature.

I am not sure at all! I can't remember much about my first time reading the book. I was way too excited!