General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mara Jade Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Honeymoon

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

Yeah. I know that is the main reason that he won't believe her. She always says that she is "fine" even when she is not.
But even in Twilight he was pretty good at reading her face--not perfect. But he should certainly have been able to tell the difference between her martyring herself to spare his feelings and her truly glowingly happy. Again, its his propensity to overreact and assume the worst about himself. Stupid, stubborn boy. :roll:
Team Edward
lizard68
Settled in Forks

Post by lizard68 »

I think I've read about half this thread and I agree with most that personally I would have liked to have a bit more, something closer to the scenes in Eclipse, but I understand that someday when my daughter is old enough to read the books I would probably not want more in the book.
Forbidden_Freedom wrote:For the characters, and the YA precaution, the honeymoon was great. Honestly, no matter how young we are, you KNOW that we've read the smuttiest Bedward fanfiction possible. :oops:
About that honeymoon fanfiction. I've read other romance fanfiction in other stories (like StarWars, yes it is possible to have romance in SciFi :lol: ) but I don't know where to find any good fanfiction for the Twilight universe and the honeymoon in particular.

Could some of you that have found some good honeymoon stories, by good I mean contains plot and romance, not just part A and slot B (I think I have that down having had 2 kids ;) ), please PM me some web addresses? I would really appreciate it.
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Forbidden_Freedom wrote:For the characters, and the YA precaution, the honeymoon was great. Honestly, no matter how young we are, you KNOW that we've read the smuttiest Bedward fanfiction possible. :oops:
Who me? :? ........Never! ...... :oops: busted

"Bedward" hahahah that's classic! Can't believe I've never heard that word before
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
Forever*Dazzled
Settled in Forks

Post by Forever*Dazzled »

bite-me wrote:TBH I'm glad the scenes weren't graphic. I don't think I'd ever see Edward and Bella in the same way again.
Mind you, I'm still adjusting to their physical relationship as it was written.

I thought Stephenie would just have one big special moment... but to get 6 or 7 of those special moment threw me completely.

But Meyer had to keep in mind the younger fans. She kept it tasteful and left a good deal to the imagination. LOL, I still can't get over Edward biting pillows and breaking headboards. I can't help but LOL when I think about it.

And now thanks to Bella, my childhood addiction to eggs has returned.
Yeah. I like that there arn't too many details. I don't think I'd see them the same ever agian. Even though I'm only 4 weeks away from being 16 my mom would never have let me read BD if there had been more details. Plus if there were I'd feel like i was intrudeing on somthing.

I do wish that stephanie would post forever dawn though. And It would be amazing to have Breaking Dawn written from Edwards POV.
lizard68 wrote:I think I've read about half this thread and I agree with most that personally I would have liked to have a bit more, something closer to the scenes in Eclipse, but I understand that someday when my daughter is old enough to read the books I would probably not want more in the book.
About that honeymoon fanfiction. I've read other romance fanfiction in other stories (like StarWars, yes it is possible to have romance in SciFi :lol: ) but I don't know where to find any good fanfiction for the Twilight universe and the honeymoon in particular.

Could some of you that have found some good honeymoon stories, by good I mean contains plot and romance, not just part A and slot B (I think I have that down having had 2 kids ;) ), please PM me some web addresses? I would really appreciate it.
I'll post some here for anyother fans.

Some of these arn't great at all but there are 3 or 4 that seem like Stephanie could have written them.

http://www.fanfiction.net/search.php?pl ... =0&words=0

the best ones are(they are ALL rated M )

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4668106/1/< ... <b>Esme<_b>
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4588124/1/< ... <b>Esme<_b>
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4709749/1/< ... wards_Eyes

I Hope it's ok to post the links??
Oh My Cullen!(c)
Ellie
Settled in Forks

Post by Ellie »

I thought Stephenie made really good choices. I'd been a touch apprehensive about how she was going to handle it after so much build-up during the first three novels. Kinda tricky. But she did it very gracefully. The "morning after" descriptions were enlightening enough... and very giggle-inducing. :lol: And their "second time" with Bella waking up upset, Edward comforting her, leading to more, was a nice, intimate touch.

There's only one thing about it that didn't fulfill my personal hopes, but it wasn't a big deal at all, especially since it was so much more creatively resolved later. While reading the series, I'd been wondering about Edward's inability to read Bella's mind. I suspected that there might be some upcoming special event or circumstance in which they'd discover he could read her mind, and I was guessing that it would happen when they made love. Nope!

I admire the way she wrote Edward and Bella's physical relationship throughout the series. It's fantastic that she had these characters set such a great moral example for young readers... but that's not to say that the books are devoid of truly erotic moments, some quite dark. I think the most carnal image actually comes from Edward turning Bella into a vampire- that whole thing with the biting kisses, and then dragging his tongue over the wounds to seal them. :shock: Holy schneikes!
IsabellaAnastasia
Settled in Forks

Post by IsabellaAnastasia »

I must admit that I was expecting a bit more...ok well actually a lot more.
I understand it's for a younger age group but lets be serious...teenagers aren't so innocence and most of the time they hear worse stuff from their peers at school. Lest we forget to mention internet and TV. While I was quite disappointed at first, I began to realize that maybe having more detailed would have tarnished the beautiful and romantic idea / story that IS Bella and Edward. Sure we know they finally get 'animalistic' but hey I think we all have imaginations that can fill in the blanks. Don't get me wrong though...I DO SINCERELY hope that she happens to publish Forever Dawn at some point. I'd be very eager to read SM's take on it, because even though we have our imaginations...it would be best coming from the author herself. Interpretation can be a good and a bad thing.
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

IsabellaAnastasia wrote:I must admit that I was expecting a bit more...ok well actually a lot more.
I understand it's for a younger age group but lets be serious...teenagers aren't so innocence and most of the time they hear worse stuff from their peers at school. Lest we forget to mention internet and TV. While I was quite disappointed at first, I began to realize that maybe having more detailed would have tarnished the beautiful and romantic idea / story that IS Bella and Edward. Sure we know they finally get 'animalistic' but hey I think we all have imaginations that can fill in the blanks. Don't get me wrong though...I DO SINCERELY hope that she happens to publish Forever Dawn at some point. I'd be very eager to read SM's take on it, because even though we have our imaginations...it would be best coming from the author herself. Interpretation can be a good and a bad thing.
I'm completely in agreement with you about the whole romantic image! Sometimes I just couldn't imagine Edward doing nothing that being unbelieveably sweet and caring!
Does that make any sense?!

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
IsabellaAnastasia
Settled in Forks

Post by IsabellaAnastasia »

Immy93 wrote:
IsabellaAnastasia wrote:I must admit that I was expecting a bit more...ok well actually a lot more.
I'm completely in agreement with you about the whole romantic image! Sometimes I just couldn't imagine Edward doing nothing that being unbelieveably sweet and caring!
Does that make any sense?!

xxx
Oh absolutely! I had that very same thought too and I agree...it would be hard to imagine the ultimate gentleman (a.k.a. Edward) throwing that persona to the wind...so to speak.

Although I just had a thought so I want to amend this post just a little...while it IS difficult to imagine Edward in that light I feel like THAT inability to see him like that proves how ours and generations before us have made the idea of love making into such a perversion. I mean making love truly IS the closest you can be to a person and the "ultimate" act of love. So, honestly if you are looking at it in that light it's not so terribly difficult to imagine the "ultimate" couple (so to speak) engaging in the "ultimate" expression of love. To each their own though.

Thanks for the support of my idea and the love for my post. Right back at cha! ^_^
dazzled23
Settled in Forks

Post by dazzled23 »

I loved the Honey moon, although I would of loved a bit more details, its Ok :cry:
I was surprised, I didn't think Edward would actually hurt Bella, the pillow thing was kinda funny tho
"It was the best night of my existence" wow
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

i wanted a little more detail on when bella lost her virginity