Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Re: Alec

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

DumBumm wrote:
Jane's_reflection wrote:
DumBumm wrote: I could just see Jane demanding him to break up with his girlfriend... or she'll get nasty. heehe.

Okay... this is my top 5 :D
1. Marcus- How can anyone not love him!! :D / Carlisle - in Twilight Carlisle was my favorite. so i cant dump him now ;)
2. The Which Twins. :D
3. Aro.
3.Caius.
4.Demetri.
5.Felix.
I thick that you put nicely. Jane would probably get a little bit more than nasty!

Carlisle must feel special! The only veg. vampire on your list! And Jane, the only girl!

Ok, this is kind of a random question, but how do you suppose the Witch Twins do on the holidays? Or do they even celebrate? Do they get each other gifts? Do they eat special people? Hmmmmm...

Well, Heidi's in my top 10. :)

I wouldn't think they celebrate any human holiday... but i think Aro would give random gifts to anyone, like a dress for Heidi... a suit for Alec. Jane would most likely get the most.
But i do think they do there own things like a get together with good friends who don't live with them,they probably get all dressed up and have a ball... or something with rich Vampires, probably every 200 to 500 years, they have a big ball together, and invite everyone they know, they probably have humans at the ball and in the end have there feast.

WEIRRRRRRD I JUST HAD A DREAM ABOUT THT..............
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata
Jack
Learning to Love Green
Location: 3-1-14-1-4-1.... That's right... tis' Shneaky indeed...

Post by Jack »

I don't think the witch twins would ever get girlfriends or boyfriends... They were too young when they changed. They are frozen in the mental state they had wen they were transformed... (perhaps why Jane completely hates everyone? because she hated everyone while she was burning at the stake?) I think they were turned at an age when the opposite sex has "cooties" and they're not interested in relationships like that... maybe even find them a little gross. and if that's the view they had on relationships when they turned then that's that... they won't ever be interested in dating anyone or find anyone attractive enough.
And I did my research on this since I know someone will bring up the kiss between Jane and Aro in New Moon. She idolized him as her saviour (he saved her while she was burning) and also the girl that strengthens relationships strengthened Jane's relationship to an almost love-like bond. She doesn't truly love Aro and if the relationship girl wasn't there then Jane's admiration and idolization of Aro would be a more healthy amount and she probably would not be letting her kiss him without feeling a tiny bit weirded out. Alec loves his sister, and he is also under the influence of those bonds towards Aro and the rest of the Volturi. He would probably not be interested in finding a partner and while he'd know better then thinking that girls had "cooties" I think the aversion would stil be there for him.
*Jack*
"Hear The Sound, The Angels Come Screaming Down..." - MCR
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC Inc.- Emmett's Demolition Company
Jane's_reflection
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jane's_reflection »

Jack wrote:I don't think the witch twins would ever get girlfriends or boyfriends... They were too young when they changed. They are frozen in the mental state they had wen they were transformed... (perhaps why Jane completely hates everyone? because she hated everyone while she was burning at the stake?) I think they were turned at an age when the opposite sex has "cooties" and they're not interested in relationships like that... maybe even find them a little gross. and if that's the view they had on relationships when they turned then that's that... they won't ever be interested in dating anyone or find anyone attractive enough.
And I did my research on this since I know someone will bring up the kiss between Jane and Aro in New Moon. She idolized him as her saviour (he saved her while she was burning) and also the girl that strengthens relationships strengthened Jane's relationship to an almost love-like bond. She doesn't truly love Aro and if the relationship girl wasn't there then Jane's admiration and idolization of Aro would be a more healthy amount and she probably would not be letting her kiss him without feeling a tiny bit weirded out. Alec loves his sister, and he is also under the influence of those bonds towards Aro and the rest of the Volturi. He would probably not be interested in finding a partner and while he'd know better then thinking that girls had "cooties" I think the aversion would stil be there for him.
Jack, you make a very good point. Although, i doubt they think that the opposite gender has "cooties". They most likely are just stuck too young (as you pointed out)to be truely interested. Alec (in my opinion) would be more likely to consider a relationship, as his maturity level is much higher.

As for the Aro/Jane thing, i believe that Chelsea (relationship girl) only has a small influence on Jane's admiration for Aro. Alec, on the other hand, is most likely to make his sister happy, thus respecting Aro. I also think that, if not for Jane, Alec would 50/50 chance of leaving the Volturi, with or without Chelsea.

I still think that it would be cool if the Volturi did some holiday/any celebration. I wonder what the twins would give each other?

Alec patted his sister's shoulder soothingly, then tucked her under his arm - Breaking Dawn

Alec and Jane 4ever!
XxAlec-JanexX
Settled in Forks

Post by XxAlec-JanexX »

Do you think Alec could have a girlfriend? I wonder how Jane would take it? :lol:
some random story came up in my mind about Alec having a girlfriend... :shock: it's actually really cute =D
Image Image Dakota Jodelle Fan!
Moorea
Settled in Forks

Post by Moorea »

Hello everyone!

Very good thread I have to say! :)

First of all, I think that, out of the 2 twins, Alec seems to me as being -by far- the more dangerous. A wolf in a sheep's clothing in a way. If you look at it from a "human" or "bilogical" point of view, feeling pain -or feeling, full stop- is the sign that you are still alive. This is a way for your body to tell you that it's still living. When you are cut-off your senses, when you don't feel anything anymore...your body is clueless, hopeless... Add to this the fact that a power such as Alec's can anihilate a crowd, you have the recipe for "super-creepy power" ;)

The fact that Alec is calm, cool and collected gives him, in my opinion, a more "calculating" personality. However, we have to keep in mind that Stephenie Meyer's world is not a Manichean one. Carlisle says it himslef, the Volturi are not JUST bad guys, or I don't that he could have been friends with Aro in the first place.

The same balance is present between the twins, you do not have the agressive Jane and the compassionate Alec. Like it is often the case in many stories (mainly mythological), twins complete each other, as many of you have already said before: castor and Pollux, Apollo and Artemis, Romulus and Remus, etc.

As for the origins of Alec's power, I agree with the person who said that it was linked to his experience while he was burning at the stake. While he was suffering and looking at a horrible death, he probably focused all his might on trying to make it go away, for him and his sister. When some people are in pain, they manage to cut themselves from reality.

Anyway, this is just my humble interpretation. :)
Jane's_reflection
Wandering Through Town

Moorea wrote:Hello everyone!

Very good thread I have to say! :)

First of all, I think that, out of the 2 twins, Alec seems to me as being -by far- the more dangerous. A wolf in a sheep's clothing in a way. If you look at it from a "human" or "bilogical" point of view, feeling pain -or feeling, full stop- is the sign that you are still alive. This is a way for your body to tell you that it's still living. When you are cut-off your senses, when you don't feel anything anymore...your body is clueless, hopeless... Add to this the fact that a power such as Alec's can anihilate a crowd, you have the recipe for "super-creepy power" ;)

The fact that Alec is calm, cool and collected gives him, in my opinion, a more "calculating" personality. However, we have to keep in mind that Stephenie Meyer's world is not a Manichean one. Carlisle says it himslef, the Volturi are not JUST bad guys, or I don't that he could have been friends with Aro in the first place.

The same balance is present between the twins, you do not have the agressive Jane and the compassionate Alec. Like it is often the case in many stories (mainly mythological), twins complete each other, as many of you have already said before: castor and Pollux, Apollo and Artemis, Romulus and Remus, etc.

As for the origins of Alec's power, I agree with the person who said that it was linked to his experience while he was burning at the stake. While he was suffering and looking at a horrible death, he probably focused all his might on trying to make it go away, for him and his sister. When some people are in pain, they manage to cut themselves from reality.

Anyway, this is just my humble interpretation. :)
Very articulent, I must say.

Well, to the point, Alec is the 'scarier' than his sister for the reason in which Moorea stated. The fact that you would never know when you have actually died coupled with the seemingly comtemplative air, makes Alec a force to be reckoned with. For this reason alone, he could control anything he wished, including Volterra. I am under the impression that his greatest desire is to take care of Jane and keep her happy; and since she is pleased with the Volturi so is he. In all, Alec may hold the actual power, but Jane has the power of desision.

I believe that cutting oneself off from reality in the event of physical/mental/emotional pain or event is actually a reflex the brain gives you. That and falling into unconiousness. (But I thank you for recalling what i wrote :mrgreen: )

Opinions should never be humble, they should be strong enough to handle critism and flexible enough to change and grow. Your interpretation is a reflection of of your opinions, and i for one agree with yours! :D

Alec patted his sister's shoulder soothingly, then tucked her under his arm - Breaking Dawn

Alec and Jane 4ever!
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

I watched Hell boy II last night and it reminded me on the twins... They're so close, What if one of them got hurt in battle, then maybe the other would have the same wound. (i don't think they have ever been hurt yet.) like if jane ran away, I bet Alec could find her in a heart beat. like if she hid something he wants he could tap into her mind and find it.?
just got me thinking.
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

Great ideas guys! I just wanted to share my theory:

If I could be changed by any of the vampires in the saga, I'd want it to be done by Alec, because the transformation is supposed to be insanely painful, but he could just numb me for it! He's like Novacane!
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
Jane's_reflection
Wandering Through Town

\/Brittany\/ wrote:Great ideas guys! I just wanted to share my theory:

If I could be changed by any of the vampires in the saga, I'd want it to be done by Alec, because the transformation is supposed to be insanely painful, but he could just numb me for it! He's like Novacane!
Oh my goodness! :o I never thought of it like that! You are so smart! :D
I just wanted tobe in the Volturi, thus them bite me; but that is a great idea! Only with out the needle of novacane! (I hate needles with a vengence!)

Alec and Jane 4ever!
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

^^^Thanx!! And I hate needles too! *shudders*
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring