The Nicest Thing a Romantic Interest Ever Did For You.

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sarah-Lynn

Re: The Nicest Thing a Romantic Interest Ever Did For You.

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Christine!
AWWW, that is just... what... where did you come up with that??? That is just the greatest idea ever!!
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

teeroxmuhsox wrote:WishIWasACullen, that is the sweetest, most romantic thing ever! He did that after a year! and going on til 3!
WOW. He's a keeper.
Awww thanks!! I know, he's great. YAY!!! Now, if only he was sparkly.....
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

Christine!
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Christine! »

Sarah-Lynn wrote:Christine!
AWWW, that is just... what... where did you come up with that??? That is just the greatest idea ever!!

I'm pretty sure i found it somewhere online. Hahaha. So if you ever need to ask someone to a dance and you can't think of anything, there you go!
previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

This wouldn't probably qualify as romantic ... unless you are older and married...but....a few years ago I had major surgery. (I had what is similar to a C section scar. I was cut all the way across my bikini line) I could barely stand. 2 weeks after being released from the hospital, I realized my legs really needed shaving. LOL My husband had to help me in the shower anyway because I still couldn't stand upright or up for long. He took showers with me everyday and washed my hair, etc. This time he not only washed me and my hair, he shaved my legs. He was so careful not to hurt me. I think I fell in love with him even more after that. We'd been together for 2 years.

He also did the grocery shopping, cleaned house, vacuumed, mopped... He took good care of me. He still does. To me it's not about roses or candy, those die or melt or go stale, true romance is actions.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

GNE- that made me tear up! What all these "youngins" are saying is really romantic and thoughtful. Give them a few years like us, and they'll understand what TRUE love does to your heart!

My hubby and I had been dating for just a few weeks when I realized he was the One. We had known each other for 10 years, but never dated. We were on our way home from a MLB game, and it was a 2 hour drive. We talked the entire way home, just little getting-to-know-you stuff. I think this is why my favorite part of Twilight is the ride home from Port Angeles!
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

GNE- THAT's the kind of love that I hope to have someday. :] You're lucky.
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Thanks Sarah-Lynn and Stupidxlamb,

I am lucky. That was my first surgery. We married 4 months after that surgery. I had 2 more within 8 mons. We've been married for nearly 10 years. He supported me through college and now through part-time work. He's supported me through my addictions to Twilight and the Lex.

We met when we were 23, but we weren't in a situation to date. We lost touch, and met again 3 years later. We started dating the very night we met the 2nd time. We've never not been together since then. We married when we were 28. I'd had boyfriends and fiances before him, but I had no idea what TRUE love was until I met him. He loved me for me. I didn't have to change for him, but I did because he makes me want to be better than I am.

SxL: I hope you find a the love of your life who treats you as special as my love treats me. Oh, and boys before him are to be used as practice. ;)
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
CullenWannaB
Settled in Forks

Post by CullenWannaB »

When my husband and I were dating he made me a cd with love songs. I cried it was so thoughtful. Now I know this does not sound like a big deal but it was because that technology barely existed. That should give you an idea of how long ago that was.
Yes I want a "Cold One" and I am not talking about a drink.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Two stories come to mind. The first is of an old boyfriend of mine. At the time, we had been friends for a while and had recently become inseparable sort of best friends and things were progressing towards that dangerous area, which I was desperately avoiding because he had a reputation among other issues. We went to an all day festival concert in good old Asbury Park which is right on the beach. It was an awesome day, but difficult... he had made one of his numerous attempts to kiss me which I kept slickly avoiding (I did like him, but was just being too cautious). So, we're relaxing on the beach and I was laying down, probably borderline passing out, when out of nowhere he's dragging me up to look at something. He had written "I Love You Sam" in a big heart in the sand. He kinda had me there, so we were together for about a year after that and after all that time, I discovered I should have avoided him in the first place. Oh well, you live, you learn...
So now, a better story, as this is my current. For our 3rd anniversary, I didn't think he was getting me anything as we were (and still are) on the poor side :lol: Of course, that doesn't matter to me at all, but it made the gift even more of a surprise. That morning, I got into my car to go to work and there was a sticky note on my CD player that said "I'd give you the world if I could. Love, Kevin" I thought that was very sweet, got a little teary eyed, etc. So I start my car and this song starts playing. He had written a song for me and recorded it in his friend's studio and had it waiting in my CD player (and it's actually REALLY REALLY GOOD). So I basically cried my eyes out for my 30 minute commute to work. I just wish he was a little more romantic on a daily basis, but I guess that would be asking too much ;)
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

WishIWasACullen wrote:So this happened my senior year in high school. I was in the gym practicing with my dance team (we had EARLY morning practices 6-7:15) and it was probably only about 15 or 20 minutes into practice and everyone was talking as they were moving into and out of formations and I was just trying to pay attention to the dancing. We started dancing our state competition routine and about halfway through it, the music stops. I had been getting so into it that I was really upset that it had stopped so abruptly, plus I was just really confused that the music had stopped in the first place. Then I noticed that everyone was looking towards the door. I turned my eyes in the direction of their stares and saw my boyfriend standing against the door frame holding roses, a gift bag and smiling oh-so-sweetly. I was told to go to him, even though boyfriends usually aren't allowed into the practice area. When I went to him, I was a bit embarrassed because I was sweaty and in dance clothes and not wearing makeup but he didn't care. As I reached for the roses he said, "Nope, not yet." So I then reached for the gift bag. He again said, "Nope, not yet." At this point I was entirely confused, but as I was trying to puzzle out the situation he reaches into his back pocket and yields a small, velvet box. He opened the box, revealing a silver band which had a set of 5 diamonds between 2 modern looking stabilizers. He said "This is my promise to you, Margaret Rose, that you will always be in my heart, I will always be in your heart, and you will someday be a Hart." (His last name is Hart :D )

All of my team mates emitted sighs, giggles, or claps/cheers of enthusiasm for us. It was the sweetest thing ever. That was our one year anniversary--we're coming close to 3 years now :D

That is the cutest thing in the world! I actually "awed" at that. :) :) :)

hold onto that one. ;)

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett