General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Re: Pronounciation Key

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Haha, I remember when I first saw Carlisle's name I had such a hard time pronouncing it. I would say some jibberish like Carl-is-lay. XD Then I was watching some random interview with someone who's name was also Carlisle. Thank goodness for that. -whistles_
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

danobanano wrote:I never had a problem with Renesmee (Re-Nez-May)
until my friend, and I'm not naming names but you know who you are, ruined it for me when she called her
Resume

Thanks a lot
LOL! I had a loud laugh when I read this. :lol:
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
Team Edward Girl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Team Edward Girl »

When it comes to Renesmee, I never had a hard time either. There was a pronouncination in the book (pg 327. BD). But I am curious, how do you pronounce Nahuel's name and Huilen's name? Those were the ones that always had me stuck. Anybody have sugesstions? Thanks! And to any body who can tell me here's a BIG smily :D . And to everyone else because you all are awesome here's a smily :)
"I see you lying next to me with words I thought I'd never speak; awake and unafraid asleep or dead" -Famous Last Words" My Chemical Romance
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

Team Edward Girl wrote:When it comes to Renesmee, I never had a hard time either. There was a pronouncination in the book (pg 327. BD). But I am curious, how do you pronounce Nahuel's name and Huilen's name? Those were the ones that always had me stuck. Anybody have sugesstions? Thanks! And to any body who can tell me here's a BIG smily :D . And to everyone else because you all are awesome here's a smily :)
Well, I don't know for sure, but I pronounce it "Nah-hewl" I hope you understand how I say it, it's hard to explain :lol:

Huilen's I say "You-lean" or "He-lin" or "Hew-lin" it's hard to explain, like "helen" with a twist. But I am no tsure so I change it constantly. :lol:

I'm taking french currently so I always drop 'h's and such :lol: so it is probably wrong
ImageImageImageImageImage
Team Edward Girl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Team Edward Girl »

CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:
Team Edward Girl wrote:When it comes to Renesmee, I never had a hard time either. There was a pronouncination in the book (pg 327. BD). But I am curious, how do you pronounce Nahuel's name and Huilen's name? Those were the ones that always had me stuck. Anybody have sugesstions? Thanks! And to any body who can tell me here's a BIG smily :D . And to everyone else because you all are awesome here's a smily :)
Well, I don't know for sure, but I pronounce it "Nah-hewl" I hope you understand how I say it, it's hard to explain :lol:

Huilen's I say "You-lean" or "He-lin" or "Hew-lin" it's hard to explain, like "helen" with a twist. But I am no tsure so I change it constantly. :lol:

I'm taking french currently so I always drop 'h's and such :lol: so it is probably wrong
Totally know how you feel! I'm taking French too. Thanks for the pronounciation. I've noticed that my two favorite book series' (Twilight and Harry Potter) have some of the hardest names to pronounce (Carlisle, Hermione, Laurent, Ignotious Pevrell, etc.). Thanks again, CarazilyObsessed024! :D
"I see you lying next to me with words I thought I'd never speak; awake and unafraid asleep or dead" -Famous Last Words" My Chemical Romance
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

ImageImageImageImageImage
Velvet Voice
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Velvet Voice »

This thread is really helpful, I read the books in english and even though I'm italian I end up pronouncing/reading everything with english pronounciation, even latin words like Caius, or others like Aro, which I keep saying Air-ou :roll: :D Renesmee is one of the hardest for me :P but I might like "Resume" more than Nessie :mrgreen:
*...Edward whispering Romeo's lines in my ear - his irresistible,
velvet voice...*

The Gen-Y rocks my Twilight socks
Oh Rosalie!
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Harper's Island. Hiding from John Wakefield and Henry Dunn.

Post by Oh Rosalie! »

danobanano wrote:I never had a problem with Renesmee (Re-Nez-May)
until my friend, and I'm not naming names but you know who you are, ruined it for me when she called her
Resume

Thanks a lot
lol, you miss the "nes" part! XXD
Fur That Sparkles
Settled in Forks

Post by Fur That Sparkles »

Confession Time

I always said Sigh-o-bin

And.. (this is the worst one)

Car-leez-al for Carlisle :oops: :lol:

When i saw the movie i was like "Who's Car-lie-al :lol:
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

I had a hard time with Carlisle at first.
I used to pronounce it as Car-leez-lay
and Emmett as E-met
and when I saw Siobahn's name I didn't read it good and the next day at school I told my friends that read Twilight,
"Oh, There's some dude in BD that's named cinnamon bun." They laughed and I was confused until I read it again and pronounced it Seye-oh-bohn.
With Renesmee I always thought it was rini-smy. Until Bella said it was a mix between Esme and Renee.
That's a lot of mistakes but I didn't know much.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.