Twilight Movie~Actors' Performances

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Re: Twilight Movie~Actors' Performances

Post by lilmisstrouble »

mind_over_matter286 wrote:Wow, I don't know what to say it was like a boom of comments :lol: .
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:
mind_over_matter286 wrote: Thanks, but I don't get why she stutters so much. And how they have music throughout all there conversations and Edward never eats at the lunch table with her just aggravates me. It doesn't show the stages of love that her and Edward have. Like when drive up to Seattle in the book, Edward just stares at her the whole time and Bella gets nervous. How everytime she looks at Edward she just smiles and her heart stutters. And at the beggining how she is scared to make a promise to Edward because he might ask her to stay away. They just did'nt capture the love that Bella and Edward share.
I couldn't agree with you more. They just focused on the, "I'm a vampire and I can kill you" part and didn't even bother to add the little things that show their growing romance. :/ which is probably why the line "I'm only afraid of losing you." came off as corny for me. But then again I should be yelling at the script writer for this...

Did anyone else catch a hint of Robert's accent during the hospital scene where he says, "Was I supposed to let her just die?"
I didn't really hear the accent, but he does talk weird. Well anyways, I was thinking and had this really wierd question just pop up in my head. It's kinda gross but so true. O.k, lets be mature about this.....o.k hear goes. What if Bella has her period around Edward? I mean seriously!!! Just think about it. :mrgreen:
I KNOW! I was watching the movie the other day, and this time trying to focus on the motion picture alone, without any expectations from the book. Almost like a person who had never read the book were to watch it for the first time with no previous information. The part where Bella confronts Edward in the woods and how he is clearly trying to convince her he is dangerous to her is just PLAIN ODD.
I mean, what would you do if some guy you met in biology stared at you like you killed his puppy, then disappeared for a few days? Next thing you know he's telling you in plain English "stay away from me, I'm dangerous". He's warning you, be afraid. What do you do? Personally, I would run as fast as I could. I would not let some guy drag me through the woods, off the cloud banks, where no one could find me, I don't care how hot he is. But that's just me.

And this is how the movie seems like. No chemistry, no sparks flying, no connection. Just a weird, intimidating guy and a "stupid lamb"of a girl who doesn't seem afraid of anything, even though we have NO IDEA why she is so attracted to TROUBLE.

Ok, I feel better now. :)

ABOUT THE PERIOD QUESTION, from mind_over_matter286:
I read on http://www.stepheniemeyer.com on the FAQ about either Twilight or New Moon, something along those lines came up. Yes, it would be difficult for Edward to hang out with Bella during those days, but one) he would be too much of a gentleman to say anything about it and two) she's just too embarrassed to talk about it with him. Although "technically" it's just "dead" blood, not the real thing. So there you go.
That was also a burning question for me!
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

Post by mind_over_matter286 »

lilmisstrouble wrote:
mind_over_matter286 wrote:Wow, I don't know what to say it was like a boom of comments :lol: .
mind_over_matter286 wrote: Thanks, but I don't get why she stutters so much. And how they have music throughout all there conversations and Edward never eats at the lunch table with her just aggravates me. It doesn't show the stages of love that her and Edward have. Like when drive up to Seattle in the book, Edward just stares at her the whole time and Bella gets nervous. How everytime she looks at Edward she just smiles and her heart stutters. And at the beggining how she is scared to make a promise to Edward because he might ask her to stay away. They just did'nt capture the love that Bella and Edward share.
I couldn't agree with you more. They just focused on the, "I'm a vampire and I can kill you" part and didn't even bother to add the little things that show their growing romance. :/ which is probably why the line "I'm only afraid of losing you." came off as corny for me. But then again I should be yelling at the script writer for this...

Did anyone else catch a hint of Robert's accent during the hospital scene where he says, "Was I supposed to let her just die?"
I didn't really hear the accent, but he does talk weird. Well anyways, I was thinking and had this really wierd question just pop up in my head. It's kinda gross but so true. O.k, lets be mature about this.....o.k hear goes. What if Bella has her period around Edward? I mean seriously!!! Just think about it. :mrgreen:
I KNOW! I was watching the movie the other day, and this time trying to focus on the motion picture alone, without any expectations from the book. Almost like a person who had never read the book were to watch it for the first time with no previous information. The part where Bella confronts Edward in the woods and how he is clearly trying to convince her he is dangerous to her is just PLAIN ODD.
I mean, what would you do if some guy you met in biology stared at you like you killed his puppy, then disappeared for a few days? Next thing you know he's telling you in plain English "stay away from me, I'm dangerous". He's warning you, be afraid. What do you do? Personally, I would run as fast as I could. I would not let some guy drag me through the woods, off the cloud banks, where no one could find me, I don't care how hot he is. But that's just me.

And this is how the movie seems like. No chemistry, no sparks flying, no connection. Just a weird, intimidating guy and a "stupid lamb"of a girl who doesn't seem afraid of anything, even though we have NO IDEA why she is so attracted to TROUBLE.

I read on http://www.stepheniemeyer.com on the FAQ about either Twilight or New Moon, something along those lines came up. Yes, it would be difficult for Edward to hang out with Bella during those days, but one) he would be too much of a gentleman to say anything about it and two) she's just too embarrassed to talk about it with him. Although "technically" it's just "dead" blood, not the real thing. So there you go.

O.k finally an answer. Thank you. The thing about Bella is that she doesn't feel terrified around Edward and she doesn't understand why. Nobody does, thats why no one goes around them. Why they sit alone at there lunch table. You know when they go to La Push push and before they go surfing or whatever and Mike says 'Cullen is a freak' ? Thats because he thinks Edward is wierd and scary. And in Port Angeles when those guys are trying to get to Bella and Edward comes, she says that she felt safe in his presents(spelling issue). Bella messed up in that way too.
lilmisstrouble

Post by lilmisstrouble »

mind_over_matter286 wrote:
lilmisstrouble wrote:

O.k finally an answer. Thank you. The thing about Bella is that she doesn't feel terrified around Edward and she doesn't understand why. Nobody does, thats why no one goes around them. Why they sit alone at there lunch table. You know when they go to La Push push and before they go surfing or whatever and Mike says 'Cullen is a freak' ? Thats because he thinks Edward is wierd and scary. And in Port Angeles when those guys are trying to get to Bella and Edward comes, she says that she felt safe in his presents(spelling issue). Bella messed up in that way too.

I totally see where you're coming from. Bella is attracted to Edward not in the general sense of the word, not just physically. They are brought together like magnets, it's a strange, inexplicable force that draws them closer and closer. We understand that perfectly in the book, from day 1, because Bella is narrating in details, what she sees, even when she doesn't "know" she is in love yet. So maybe there should've been more voiceovers in the movie, while Edward was in scene, so that we could see things a little better from Bella's perspective, since some of the acting left me hanging there for a bit.

Babygirl67

Post by Babygirl67 »

i think most of them did pretty well..
mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

lilmisstrouble
I totally see where you're coming from. Bella is attracted to Edward not in the general sense of the word, not just physically. They are brought together like magnets, it's a strange, inexplicable force that draws them closer and closer. We understand that perfectly in the book, from day 1, because Bella is narrating in details, what she sees, even when she doesn't "know" she is in love yet. So maybe there should've been more voiceovers in the movie, while Edward was in scene, so that we could see things a little better from Bella's perspective, since some of the acting left me hanging there for a bit.
Sorry, I messed up. The quote is from lilmisstrouble.
The thing is is that all the actors are great. Its just the way everything was done you know, like the script and the advice from the director or something. I think the movie could have been a lot better if Kristen Stewart didn't play Bella the way she did, maybe in NM it will be better with a different director.

Has anyone wondered why the first director left?
lilmisstrouble

Post by lilmisstrouble »

lilmisstrouble
The thing is is that all the actors are great. Its just the way everything was done you know, like the script and the advice from the director or something. I think the movie could have been a lot better if Kristen Stewart didn't play Bella the way she did, maybe in NM it will be better with a different director.

It had something to do with Summit's scheduling for New Moon's release. She claimed she wouldn't have enough time to prepare for the Nov.20 '09 release, so she had to turn it down. Oh well. I'm not saying it was her fault, though. I am looking forward to New Moon. Now that the actors saw the first installment of the series, they have a bigger budget, a new director... I can only look forward to this.
Now, we cannot expect miracles with a 2 hour "short" movie. 563 pages of a book will never be translated without omissions into that short of a time-frame. PLEASE, SUMMIT, give us an outrageously, I-seriously-have-to-pee-from-all-this-soda-but-wait-the-cliff-diving-scene-is-coming-next, long-backside movie! Pretty please. ;)

mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

lilmisstrouble wrote:
lilmisstrouble

It had something to do with Summit's scheduling for New Moon's release. She claimed she wouldn't have enough time to prepare for the Nov.20 '09 release, so she had to turn it down. Oh well. I'm not saying it was her fault, though. I am looking forward to New Moon. Now that the actors saw the first installment of the series, they have a bigger budget, a new director... I can only look forward to this.
Now, we cannot expect miracles with a 2 hour "short" movie. 563 pages of a book will never be translated without omissions into that short of a time-frame. PLEASE, SUMMIT, give us an outrageously, I-seriously-have-to-pee-from-all-this-soda-but-wait-the-cliff-diving-scene-is-coming-next, long-backside movie! Pretty please. ;)

Yeah, that would be awesome. I do hope they keep it more like the book though. and maybe the actors will be even better. And possibly it will be 3 hours this time (like Harry Potter). CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!! :D
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

mind_over_matter286 wrote: Yeah, that would be awesome. I do hope they keep it more like the book though. and maybe the actors will be even better. And possibly it will be 3 hours this time (like Harry Potter). CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!! :D
They got a hella good budget though. (Which is why their movies get to be so long!) But I won't complain if they make New Moon 3 hours. :P
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Yes! Make an insanely longer-than-The-Curious-Case-Of-Benjamin-Button long movie. :D
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
lilmisstrouble

Post by lilmisstrouble »

Yes! Make it 3 days long! Make it a movie festival! I don't care! Bring it! :)