Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Greg Boyce as Tyler Crowley

Post by skylarblue »

eden1437 wrote:And I also love how they have the guys into Bella a plethora of races, I thought that was really cool of them to emphasis that she appeals to all men no matter what race, or species. Lmao.
Nice point, I never realized that until you mentioned all the guys being different races. Very observant.

Personally, I liked him as Tyler but not I thought. I loved the part where he kissed Bella on the cheek and then grabs the chair from under Mike.

Also, the hospital scene after the accident with Charlie was really funny.

Nice casting even though a little unexpected. I wasn't disappointed or upset by that.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

he did it well, though I'd pictured him blonde, tall and lanky before that. :?

oh well. When charlie pulled the curtain shut was funny.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
kissmecarlisle
Settled in Forks

Post by kissmecarlisle »

I definately didn't picture Tyler as black. In my mind Tyler was a jock. Who knows? I thought it was great casting though! Shows Bella didn't care who it was, she only wanted Edward.
Carlisle...why can't you be real?
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

kissmecarlisle wrote:I definately didn't picture Tyler as black. In my mind Tyler was a jock. Who knows? I thought it was great casting though! Shows Bella didn't care who it was, she only wanted Edward.
Yeah, at my old high school jock and black were synonymous, so Greg had Tyler down.
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
CullenxLove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

I thought Greg was really good at playing Tyler. If you've read Midnight Sun, then you know that Tyler is more confident, cocky, and outgoing, and in my opinion Greg really helped to portray Tyler that way. :D

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

eden1437 wrote:Lol, I didn't picture him as Tyler...but he's sexy! And I also love how they have the guys into Bella a plethora of races, I thought that was really cool of them to emphasis that she appeals to all men no matter what race, or species. Lmao.
I didn't even think about that! Well, the Tyler in my head was a little bit different. He's certainly a little more cool than I thought he would be. :lol: I mean, the van wasn't even tan like in the book!
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Mylove.Mysinger
Settled in Forks

Post by Mylove.Mysinger »

Hm. In all honesty, I think that they chose Greg because he was a good actor for the part, and he is of a minority race-- I mean, come on. Is there any reason why they just through in an African American? And for such a small role, I'm sure that Summit was able to make their due for the minority count, or whatever they call it in the business.

Really, I have no problems with Greg. He is cu-te! ;) He did fine in his scenes, and who knows- we may be seeing him again.
Some people want a Digimon. Others want a Pokemon.

Well, heck, I want a DigiPokemon!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

even though Tyler was a very small character I thought Greg was great. (and he is really cute!) I actually was a little surprised when they had him kiss Bella's cheek then pull Mike's chair out from under him. But it was so funny! (especially considering he was the first one to talk to her when she got to school & he seemed kind of mean to her, "nice ride") And then the hospital scene w/him and Charlie was great too. is Tyler mentioned in the other books? for some reason I can't remember, so I don't know if he'll be in any of the other movies.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson