General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mixie
Settled in Forks

Re: Favorite Book of the Saga

Post by mixie »

Gahh this is really a hard one to anwer.. I just love all of the books!

Twilight - Because we get introduced to the love between E&B and it's just so sweet. Reading it made me want to find my own Edward. I think it's the one which mostly is about Bella and Edward before all the magic stuff. It's just the greatest love story ever written, it beats titanic and romeo&juliet by miles!

New Moon - This book is the most heartbreaking in the saga. I cried so much when Edward left and really suffered with Bella the whole time he was gone. I'm 100% Team-Edward so I didn't really like all the Jacob stuff, but I guess that's the point cause you truly understand Bella and how much she misses Edward. Also, the end is one of my favorite parts in the whole saga. I love the line "Before you my life was..". Give me Edward!

Eclipse - I like Eclipse because of the development of E&B's relationship. I think it really gets serious during the book. It also includes many of my favorite quotes and of course the proposal. But I'm having a really hard time with the end. I hate the Jacob part when Bella realizes that she loves him. I just can't understand that she really thinks about being with him, after everything she and Edward have gone through. I hate to see how it hurts Edward and how truly and deeply he loves her, so much that he's even ready to let her go. I was so angry reding this.

Breaking Dawn - During the two first book (Bella's and Jacob's) I was so confused. Everything was so different and I didn't really like it. The feeling between Edward and Bella had changed so much and it wasn't as sweet as before. But I loved it after Bella was transformed, I always wanted her to become a vampire! Yes, it changed everything betwwen E&B, but it didn't get worse. At first, I didn' like Nessie cause came between E&B and took all of Bella's attention but, like everyone else, I just couldn't resist falling for her. And she actually made the band between E&B even stronger. Another reason why I like Nessie is because Jacob imprinted on her. The one thing in the saga that always bothered me was Jacob and Bella's feelings for him. Now that he got his own happy ending and didn't try to distroy E&B's relationship I could finally enjoy Jacob. He really is a crack-up! I liked the ending too, and the fact that it didn't turn into a fight. I didn't want the Twilight saga to be a fantasy story with all the supernational stuff, because I think it's mainly a love story. And I really think E&B deserved to get their happily ever after, they really went to hell and back to get eachother!

But if I have to choose I think I would pick Twilight and BD.. Or NM hehe
TEAM EDWARD
Do I dazzle you?
mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

Post by mind_over_matter286 »

Oh man, this is so easy for me it's not even funny, definitley Eclipse!!! First, because Bella punches Jacob in the face!!! I know that's aggressive but it's so funny and seriously awesome.(Team Edward all the way!!). Second because Bella and Edward are together the most out of all the books(except for BD).

You guys probably think I'm heartless for Jacob, but I just reread NM and started to understand Jacob more. I am now thankful for Jacob in NM, but strictly NM only. I still don't like him, just not as strongly. :mrgreen:

As for Team Jacob People, oh well. I'm one of those people who is like 'I don't care what you have to say' but I kind of feel why you like Jacob so much and stuff.

As for Team Edward...EDWARD WINS!!!!! :lol:
FrenchGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by FrenchGirl »

mixie wrote:Gahh this is really a hard one to anwer.. I just love all of the books!

Twilight - Because we get introduced to the love between E&B and it's just so sweet. Reading it made me want to find my own Edward. I think it's the one which mostly is about Bella and Edward before all the magic stuff. It's just the greatest love story ever written, it beats titanic and romeo&juliet by miles!

New Moon - This book is the most heartbreaking in the saga. I cried so much when Edward left and really suffered with Bella the whole time he was gone. I'm 100% Team-Edward so I didn't really like all the Jacob stuff, but I guess that's the point cause you truly understand Bella and how much she misses Edward. Also, the end is one of my favorite parts in the whole saga. I love the line "Before you my life was..". Give me Edward!

Eclipse - I like Eclipse because of the development of E&B's relationship. I think it really gets serious during the book. It also includes many of my favorite quotes and of course the proposal. But I'm having a really hard time with the end. I hate the Jacob part when Bella realizes that she loves him. I just can't understand that she really thinks about being with him, after everything she and Edward have gone through. I hate to see how it hurts Edward and how truly and deeply he loves her, so much that he's even ready to let her go. I was so angry reding this.

Breaking Dawn - During the two first book (Bella's and Jacob's) I was so confused. Everything was so different and I didn't really like it. The feeling between Edward and Bella had changed so much and it wasn't as sweet as before. But I loved it after Bella was transformed, I always wanted her to become a vampire! Yes, it changed everything betwwen E&B, but it didn't get worse. At first, I didn' like Nessie cause came between E&B and took all of Bella's attention but, like everyone else, I just couldn't resist falling for her. And she actually made the band between E&B even stronger. Another reason why I like Nessie is because Jacob imprinted on her. The one thing in the saga that always bothered me was Jacob and Bella's feelings for him. Now that he got his own happy ending and didn't try to distroy E&B's relationship I could finally enjoy Jacob. He really is a crack-up! I liked the ending too, and the fact that it didn't turn into a fight. I didn't want the Twilight saga to be a fantasy story with all the supernational stuff, because I think it's mainly a love story. And I really think E&B deserved to get their happily ever after, they really went to hell and back to get eachother!

But if I have to choose I think I would pick Twilight and BD.. Or NM hehe
It's so exactly how I feel about the saga.
But Breaking Dawn is definitely not the one I prefer. I can't choose between Twilight, New Moon and Eclypse. The end of New Moon is so awesome ! But the relationship between Edward and Bella in Eclypse is really strong, beautiful and hot. In Twilight is so sweet because it's the beginning of their love and we learn to know them.
To sum up, I would say that the Twilight Saga is really really really awesome and that Stephenie Meyer is an amazing story teller !
"I coveted you." His smile darkened. "I had no right to want you -- but I reached out and took you anyway. And now look what's become of you ! Trying to seduce a vampire."
Edward, Eclipse, p.454-455
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I really can't choose.
In some ways, BD would be my least favourite, because it's the end, and me being more of a Jacob's girl, that is bad. In his book I hate reading about him being in pain. I cried quite a lot in this one. 'You'll always be my best man' ; ' I don't have anything left'. However, there are some great desriptions of Bella becoming a vampire and 'seeing everything', some great emotionl parts, and I loved Jacob's book, he's hilarious.

New Moon, I liked this book because we saw more of Jacob, there were some great quotes and although I don't like Edward much, it was good for Bella when she saved him in Italy.

Eclipse, I cried in this one at the end, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't good. Although things happened that I didn't like, I can't not like this book because of that. This book was very well written and I loved all the stories; the Quileutes, Jasper's, Rosalie's. In some ways this is my favourite book.

Twilight, this is great because it's where everything began. Edward and Bella's relationship was relatively uncomplicated and Bella was mainly happy. This wouldn't be my favourite book though.

In conclusion; (and this is hard)
Eclipse
BD - Some parts
NM
Twilight

Just because twilight is last, doesn't mean I like it least. Thanks for reading my confused explainings :lol:
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

ecplise and breaking dawn because edward and bella get so much closer...
jonsgirljen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jonsgirljen »

My favorite would have to be New Moon, which is very surprising to me because I'm like 112% Team Edward, but anyone who has ever had their heart broken, even mildly, can totally see and feel Bella's prospective. I know that I can. I cried and I felt her pain. In New Moon, I really felt like I could completely understand Bella's character. I really enjoyed watching her become friends with Jacob, and only friends. I never liked how he tried to bring himself between Bella and Edward.

And then in Italy when Bella is running to save Edward...it's so beautiful and wonderful! It's my favorite part of the whole series, that and when Edward is telling Bella how much he loves her and she thinks that she's still dreaming. I can't say enough good things about New Moon...but I really do love each and every one of the books of the series, for their own reasons...I just love New Moon, a little more than the rest.
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Two of my faves are Twilight and Breaking Dawn. Twilight is fun and cool while Breaking Dawn is like the most serious side of the saga and action-packed of course. I just love happy endings! :)
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
Megan
Settled in Forks

Post by Megan »

It's really hard to pick...although, I know New Moon is my least favorite, well up until Italy at least. I'll have to say Eclipse. Twilight was awesome and so was Breaking Dawn, but the ENTIRE book of Eclipse was just amazing.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Oh man this is SO HARD!

I love all of the books in the saga. I love Twilight because this is where it started and we first get introduced to Bella and Edward. I like NM because to me this is where E & B realize how much they love each other and need each other. And I love the trip to Italy and meeting the Volturi for the first time. I love Eclipse. For some reason I've always loved this one but had a hard time putting my finger on it. Maybe it's because they're relationship is developed and it's all about them, and of course the proposal. I did like getting to know Rosalie and Jasper's stories. And the comedy. And the I Love BD. I was so happy w/the wedding and B & E being together forever. And Renesmee was a sweet surprise, and then Bella finally being turned into a vampire (by Edward!) And the comedy and the happily ever after.

Now that I've rambled on can I pick a favorite? I guess I would have to say Twilight because this is where it started. Then BD & Eclipse are close second, then NM.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

My favorite is Breaking Dawn because it is the longest and we get to see the point of view of a vampire!!!

My favorites(in order) :

1. Breaking Dawn
2. Twilight
3. Eclipse
4. New Moon
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!