Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

SuperTwin: What the heckito is up with the snake pictures today? Eww. ;)

Thanks, Spooky, for the RPattz...uh...pics. I am much appreciative.

I'm taking a break from working on my syllabi. I detest those as much as I detest snakes.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

One thing I've often wondered about: Nessie sleeps in the cottage at night with Bella and Edward. And as we all know Bella and Edward can't keep their hands off one another when left alone in the same room. Isn't it only going to be a matter of time before the poor kid wakes up to some things she'd rather not be witness to?

QotD: I came upon my first romance novel quite unexpectedly. It was a Nora Robert's and I was 13. I was home sick from school and my grandmother had dropped off some books for my mom to borrow. I had no idea who Nora Roberts was and hence no clue what her books would be like but it seemed interesting enough. Oh my poor little innocent 13 year old self. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. And I was so confused at the strangely pleasant things I was feeling. Thanks, Nora Roberts for that unanticipated initiation. It was enough to make me swear off the stuff for a good many years. I don't care for conventional romance novels at all but throw in a few vampires and it's all good :)
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
olpatlanta
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In the inappropriate Robert Pattinson comments support group meeting.

Post by olpatlanta »

[quote="Cymbrelynn"]One thing I've often wondered about: Nessie sleeps in the cottage at night with Bella and Edward. And as we all know Bella and Edward can't keep their hands off one another when left alone in the same room. Isn't it only going to be a matter of time before the poor kid wakes up to some things she'd rather not be witness to?

I have had that same thought too. Poor kid. Can you imagine walking in on your vampire parents making love. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Alice's Party Planning Committee:World Class Chef
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Along the lines of the last two posts, I've always wondered how she doesn't hear what they are doing as much as anything else. She does have heightened ability to hear and do about anything else. I feel sorry for the poor kid now that those thoughts are out in the open. :oops:
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Cymbrelynn wrote:Thanks, Nora Roberts for that unanticipated initiation. It was enough to make me swear off the stuff for a good many years. I don't care for conventional romance novels at all but throw in a few vampires and it's all good :)
I had a VERY similar experience but mine was due to V.C. Andrews. Never touched anything like romance until Twilight. In fact, I was a Dean R Koontz and Stephen King reader for a long time (and Agatha Christie). I will say conventional romance isn't for me, but add paranormal elements and I'm hooked.

Welcome Cymbrelynn and Olpatlanta!!

Olpatlanta I see you haven't been to the New Kids forum yet. Please go, copy and post the Introduce Yourself so we can get to know you a bit better. And just in case, this forum is an Adult forum. If you are "of age" you are certainly welcome and glad you have joined us!

Maybe Bella is using her ability to keep the noise and "shaking" to just their room so Reneesme isn't disturbed?? Or maybe the baking takes place when Reneesme is at the other house with the rest of the family?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

The movie with the sponge is called The Haunted Airman and it was a TV show in Britain.

Cymber... um... you are so right. I hope Nessie is a solid sleeper. I am guessing that she wouldn't be walking in on her parents because if I remember correctly... it's not all that quiet. And heck Nessie is special and kinda mature. I'm sure she hears it and just moves on. next. It's not like she's living a normal human life where we all would be tainted!!!!

I am with you on the regular old romance novels... blech... but a few vampires. LOL.

Oh Una... I loved VC Andrews. I must have been 8th grade when I started reading them. Oh I love Koontz and King!!!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Maybe Steph should turn her Twilight series over to adult Vampire romance stories... :D I don't think I would mind seeing Edward in that sort of role, well okay maybe, but hmm food for thought.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I always thought the Twilight saga was erotic. It's the chaste, teasing kind. There are many scenes where I thought that were guttery. The meadow scene, anyone?

I've never read VC Andrew, but I've heard the buzz about what it's about and I'm glad that I haven't touched it.

About Razpaz: I'm glad he finally cut his hair and looks somewhat civilized. I'll pass the sponge to Oleander. ;)
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Oleander, can you pass me the sponge when you are done???

we can have once clean Rob... that is not a bad thing.

I am delighted every time the title of this thread pops up in my email. It just makes me happy!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Spooky my issue with V.C. Andrews was a friend giving it to me to read when I was in 5th or 6th grade and it was Flowers in the Attic. As a young and very sheltered child this was a trauma inducing book for me. The nature of it was just too much for me to handle. I read the whole thing hoping it would get better. They were freed but at what cost - I was mortified. I read (after that) Stephen King and Dean R. Koontz because I could skip the baking (if it even occurred) and the horror didn't bug me...my old brothers had desensitized me by having me watch Halloween, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street. But the baking - couldn't take - too embarrassing. In fact when we watched those horror movies, my brothers would cover my eyes (or make me) so I didn't watch the baking parts. To this day my parents found it odd that my brothers liked scarring me with the horror but couldn't bear to have their baby sister see skin.

I'm sure if I was to read V.C. Andrews now, I"d be okay. But the nature of the story in FitA was just too much for me.

And how can Rob be clean if our thoughts of him are so dhirty? :twisted: :lol:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!