Twilight Saga Q&A #2

CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

lizard68 wrote:
sophieet wrote:I have a quick question about the Lexicon... where is the Personal Correspondance? Can somebody link me to it please? People keep mentioning it and I can't find it! :lol:
It's here

http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?page_id=17

You find it by going to the News Blog first, then Bios, timelines.

I should also say I love reading the personal correspondence, that's the first reason I came to the Lexicon from SM's site.
Me too. And then I discovered the blog. And after checking it everyday for a month, I thenwanted to somment on something, so I made an account, then found the message boards a day later, and have been needlessly sucked in :lol:

But it gives me a healthy (somewhat) Twilight fix so I don't go crazy!
ImageImageImageImageImage
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

Talking about the Lexicon, you know how in the first personal correpondence, SM says Edward doesn't like a type of music (which is country, I think). So, this has surely been discussed, so sorry, but what do you think all the other Cullens like?
I picture Jasper liking something like Paramore, I guess. I don't know...
What do you guys think?
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

BrandOfHeroine wrote:Talking about the Lexicon, you know how in the first personal correpondence, SM says Edward doesn't like a type of music (which is country, I think). So, this has surely been discussed, so sorry, but what do you think all the other Cullens like?
What do you guys think?
interesting question, I'd like to think that carlisle likes Jazz, not sure why, and Emmett might like really fast electric guitar solos so maybe rock/metal? I picture Alice liking pop, but the really good pop, not the fluffier stuff because she seems to always be in tune with what is trendy...I think she might like Paramore more actually. ah now I really want to know, I want to ask stephenie this question!
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

Ifeellikerain wrote:
BrandOfHeroine wrote:Talking about the Lexicon, you know how in the first personal correpondence, SM says Edward doesn't like a type of music (which is country, I think). So, this has surely been discussed, so sorry, but what do you think all the other Cullens like?
What do you guys think?
interesting question, I'd like to think that carlisle likes Jazz, not sure why, and Emmett might like really fast electric guitar solos so maybe rock/metal? I picture Alice liking pop, but the really good pop, not the fluffier stuff because she seems to always be in tune with what is trendy...I think she might like Paramore more actually. ah now I really want to know, I want to ask stephenie this question!
Same here! Let's go ask her! haha, but seriously, if someone meets her, ASK HER!
Yeah, I always relate Aqua's song "Barbie Girl" to Rosalie. And there're these songs called "Just The Girl" by The Click Five and "Everything I Ask For" by The Maine which I think Emmett would like and actually sing those to Rosalie. LOL
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote:
shatarah wrote:
Alison wrote:I have a few questions:

This morning I was listening to a Twilight podcast from about a year ago (almost to the date). At this point, Breaking Dawn hadn't been released yet; SM was still in the editing process. I don't know the exact source at the moment, but SM did an interview in which she was asked how long she would make the series or how she'd wrap up the series. I don't remember her response verbatim, but she mentioned that she had an outline of ideas for a 5th and 6th book. Does anyone know anything about this? BD ends fairly definitively in my eyes, so does that mean she put those ideas into BD, or is she still planning for a 5th and 6th book, even if it is years down the road?
Here's your answer according to http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/bd_faq.html
Why did you decide to end the saga?

The Twilight Saga is really Bella's story, and this was the natural place for her story to wind up. She overcame the major obstacles in her path and fought her way to the place she wanted to be. I suppose I could try to prolong her story unnaturally, but it wouldn't be interesting enough to keep me writing. Stories need conflict, and the conflicts that are Bella-centric are resolved.
Thanks for that. I already knew this part, but the interview where she mentioned the outlines for a 5th and 6th book was before she had finished BD. I was wondering if she decided mid-BD that she was going to end the series for good and incorporated her ideas for these books into BD, or if she still has these plans on the back burner. I'm searching for the interview as I type this. Also, some of the things I am reading are saying that Midnight Sun is the 5th book, but I don't think it is the 5th book she was speaking of, if that makes sense. At the point of the interview, she was already writing Midnight Sun. The 5th book she was referencing was merely a thought in her head.
So, I finally found the interview I mentioned.
http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.or ... t3310.html

TM: Do you think you will write more in the Twilight series? I have a minor crush on Jasper. I just find him adorable, in a Matt Damon in Bourne kind of way.

Steph: I can't say for sure. Right now, I'm seriously burned out on vampires, and I still have Midnight Sun to go. Plus there is all kinds of behind the scene publishing politics with this series that sucks some of the fun out.

But could I really leave them behind for good? Probably not. I assume that after some recovery time, I'll revisit the Twilight universe. I have a detailed outline for a fifth book, and I finally figured out how I'd end book six

The way she responds to this question makes me think that she did not consider Midnight Sun as the fifth book. Does anyone else get that impression from this quote?
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

Thank you everyone for responding to my questions about the petrification! I agree, no treadmill would be a match for Emmett!

As to the other books... SM has created characters that we all seem to have fallen in love with. I really want to know more and see what happens next.

While re-reading Twilight, I found myself trying to figure out what was going through everyone's minds. There were posts earlier about why Edward tells Alice to keep her opinions to herself. I am not sure if we will ever know exactly what he was thinking. (please finish Midnight Sun!)

The part I am most curious about was....Why did Edward run away from Bella in the Meadow...was he truly desiring to take her life? I can't imagine that feeling possessing him!

Thanks!
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
TeamEdward1918
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

dopeydm wrote:The part I am most curious about was....Why did Edward run away from Bella in the Meadow...was he truly desiring to take her life? I can't imagine that feeling possessing him!

Thanks!
Well, we do know, thanks in part to MS, that he really was suffering through this in the beginning. His thoughts when he first sat next to her in class were very intense. I don't feel inclined to say that at this point he was desiring to take her life, however we do know that he still wasn't so sure how strong he could be around her. So that's why he ran away when she leaned too close to him, he was being overly cautious.
That's my interpretation anyway :D

Anything i'm missing, guys?
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
shatarah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shatarah »

Alison wrote: So, I finally found the interview I mentioned.

TM: Do you think you will write more in the Twilight series? I have a minor crush on Jasper. I just find him adorable, in a Matt Damon in Bourne kind of way.

Steph: I can't say for sure. Right now, I'm seriously burned out on vampires, and I still have Midnight Sun to go. Plus there is all kinds of behind the scene publishing politics with this series that sucks some of the fun out.

But could I really leave them behind for good? Probably not. I assume that after some recovery time, I'll revisit the Twilight universe. I have a detailed outline for a fifth book, and I finally figured out how I'd end book six

The way she responds to this question makes me think that she did not consider Midnight Sun as the fifth book. Does anyone else get that impression from this quote?
I do not think she considers Midnight Sun as the 5th book either. It's the first book from another view point. It's like Twilight v. 2.0 in a literary sense. It's not a "new" story, just a different view point of the same story. From a writers point of view (mine) I would consider it this way.
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Alison wrote:
Alison wrote:
shatarah wrote:
Alison wrote:I have a few questions:

This morning I was listening to a Twilight podcast from about a year ago (almost to the date). At this point, Breaking Dawn hadn't been released yet; SM was still in the editing process. I don't know the exact source at the moment, but SM did an interview in which she was asked how long she would make the series or how she'd wrap up the series. I don't remember her response verbatim, but she mentioned that she had an outline of ideas for a 5th and 6th book. Does anyone know anything about this? BD ends fairly definitively in my eyes, so does that mean she put those ideas into BD, or is she still planning for a 5th and 6th book, even if it is years down the road?
Here's your answer according to http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/bd_faq.html
Why did you decide to end the saga?

The Twilight Saga is really Bella's story, and this was the natural place for her story to wind up. She overcame the major obstacles in her path and fought her way to the place she wanted to be. I suppose I could try to prolong her story unnaturally, but it wouldn't be interesting enough to keep me writing. Stories need conflict, and the conflicts that are Bella-centric are resolved.
Thanks for that. I already knew this part, but the interview where she mentioned the outlines for a 5th and 6th book was before she had finished BD. I was wondering if she decided mid-BD that she was going to end the series for good and incorporated her ideas for these books into BD, or if she still has these plans on the back burner. I'm searching for the interview as I type this. Also, some of the things I am reading are saying that Midnight Sun is the 5th book, but I don't think it is the 5th book she was speaking of, if that makes sense. At the point of the interview, she was already writing Midnight Sun. The 5th book she was referencing was merely a thought in her head.
So, I finally found the interview I mentioned.

That would be sooooo awesome!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
CrazilyObsessed024
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

I'd love for it to be that way. Ha ha. Oh Twilight world... How I love you so.... :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImage