Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
watchoverme
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by watchoverme »

[quote="Vanquish]Well in the book we know that James heard the last bit of what Bella said to Charlie because Edward said this. He also said the tracker is following them but that he won't hunt tonight so they go to Edwards house. That stuff is all from the book. And that's what the film portrayed.

But what you said about Victoria at the prom scene is a bit hmm I can't find the right world. lol. I agree with you because Edward should've definately smelled or heard Victoria from a mile away. That part is truly sketchy and doesn't support the book at all. Maybe they should've just left it out?[/quote]

Oh duh. I forget about the 1st part and how it was presented in the book. *cough*sometime'sI'manidiot*cough*

But I'm glad to not be the only scratching her noggin at the Victoria thing, LOL.
Megan

4 Books. 2360 Pages. Worth every second.

Before you, my life was like a moonless night...
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

No, I am totally with you on the Victoria issue. I have actually been complaining about it for a while. I get so made every time I see it. They give me this wonderful film adaptation of one of my favorite novels, and then ruin it for me with the last scene. My teeth just snap together every time I watch them walk into prom and see her in the back at the roulette table, not 30 feet away. Alice would have known she was going to be there. Edward would have heard her thoughts, and smelled her as well. This was one of the people who almost took Bella from him. He wasn't going to forget that mind or scent anytime soon. Yes, I understand why they did it. But, honestly find another way than having her right there. They could have gotten away with having her stalking them from a little further away, maybe from the trees around the country club. But, to have her there!?!?! Can you tell this one ticked me off just a scoche?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

I just wanted to add my agreement on the whole Victoria-at-the-Prom scene. I couldn't believe they would do that; and yes there had to be another way to address her-maybe show her lurking around Bella's house since she was at the prom...? But its a moot point-lets hope they think about those finer points for NM!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
watchoverme
Settled in Forks

Post by watchoverme »

I hope they pay attention to those finer points as well. It's little things like that that make a huge impact on fans like us. Between that and the lack of a spoken "I love you"...oof. :) Although for the most part I do highly, highly enjoy the movie. But, I'm hoping that the screenplay for New Moon takes what was learned from Twilight and improves on those things.
Megan

4 Books. 2360 Pages. Worth every second.

Before you, my life was like a moonless night...
twilightpoint
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightpoint »

Vampire4eva wrote:
twilightpoint wrote:An honest review of the movie, Twilight.

Agree? Disagree?
Did you write that review?

I actually agree with the positive comments in the review but I have to disagree with some of the negative comments.
I think reading the books gives false hope and actually heightens expectations, I can say that because the first time I saw this film I hadnt read the book.
Actually, it was my sister who wrote it and I'm the younger brother he's referring to. :)

Personally, I liked the movie and haven't read the book. When they said the book was better, I read it. They were right. :D
twilightpoint
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightpoint »

Ifeellikerain wrote:
twilightpoint wrote:An honest review of the movie, Twilight.

Agree? Disagree?

hmm I thought your review was interesting, I agreed with all of your good, not all of your bad. I think anyone who has read the book is definitely placing way too much on the actors, especially robert and kristen and rosalie. no one is ever going to live up to everyones expectations! but still, a very nice review!

personally i loved robert pattinson as edward..i had read MS on Stephenies site and as I watched the movie I felt like he was thinking exactly what edward was thinking...but Im not sure it always came off properly, some of his reactions kinda made me laugh out loud but over all i liked him!

I was ok with a lot of the special effects too because they could have been SO much worse. Maybe I was just so scared that they would be bad that when I actually saw the movie i was just relieved more than anything

I made various friends go with me who hadn't read the book, some hated it and some loved it so Im kind of curious how the experience would be if i had never read the books...
thank you!

yes, in my experience watching films, books turned to movies were a little hard to do. you can't put all of it in there, some things will change, and the list will go on...
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I really didn't like how they made Jessica's character in the movie. They made her to sugar coated and didn't convey her whole secretly-being-jealous-of-bella side. :/ I'm not going to blame Anna because she worked with what they gave her...I just really wish they hadn't drifted so far away from the book in terms of humans. They didn't even include Lauren!
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
edwardlikeshaystacks

I really didn't like how they made Jessica's character in the movie. They made her to sugar coated and didn't convey her whole secretly-being-jealous-of-bella side. :/ I'm not going to blame Anna because she worked with what they gave her...I just really wish they hadn't drifted so far away from the book in terms of humans. They didn't even include Lauren!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

watchoverme wrote:I hope they pay attention to those finer points as well. It's little things like that that make a huge impact on fans like us. Between that and the lack of a spoken "I love you"...oof. :) Although for the most part I do highly, highly enjoy the movie. But, I'm hoping that the screenplay for New Moon takes what was learned from Twilight and improves on those things.
Watchoverme, I am honestly torn about them not actually saying those three little words. In the novel, it's not like they are saying it every other sentence, as it is. We know they love each other, and I think that is apparent in how things play out in the movie as well. But, it also keeps that kind of tension that is always there when a relationship is new and tender. To me, one of the most amazingly emotional moments in the movie is when they are saying goodbye in the garage. Edward says that wonderful line, "Bella, you are my life now." He touches her cheek, waits until she is looking into his eyes, and barely mouthes the words, "I love you." Almost like he can't bare to tell her because he wants to believe he'll see her again, but he also can't bare not to tell her because he knows it could be the last time they see each other. This is one of the scenes I am glad was kind of reset, so to speak. In the book, they don't really say goodbye. There is that incredibly passionate kiss and they're gone. Devastating in its' own right, but on screen, the way MR wrote this just seemed to work so beautifully, really communicate the pain and loss they are feeling at having to separate.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
edwardlikeshaystacks

I guess I'm one of the few who didn't seem to catch the mouthed, "I love you". :( I think its good that they didn't rush into speaking that yet in the movie. Their relationship seemed to have developed a little too fast and hopefully leaving off on the three words takes things a little slow until NM.