Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by ellalou73 »

cullengirl wrote:I always thought the Twilight saga was erotic. It's the chaste, teasing kind. There are many scenes where I thought that were guttery. The meadow scene, anyone?

I've never read VC Andrew, but I've heard the buzz about what it's about and I'm glad that I haven't touched it.

About Razpaz: I'm glad he finally cut his hair and looks somewhat civilized. I'll pass the sponge to Oleander. ;)
Yes you are right. I need to go buy Twilight and New Moon again. See I lent the first two books to my cousin who lives in Florida, what was I thinking? But I do want the first two in their hard cover formats, just not having much luck with money.

I do have Breaking Dawn though, and Eclipse, plenty of goodness in both of them.
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Thanks for the welcome, una! It's actually sort of a welcome back since I did post a bit in the last thread but I got way far behind on the thread and couldn't catch up. With the nice, new, clean thread I thought I might jump back in :) And funny, your V.C. Andrews thing...I just got my boss into Twilight and she told me based on Twilight she thinks I would like these books that start with "Flowers In the Attic". Now that I know it's VC Andrews I'm not sure I'll go near them! I read a series that she had written for teens ( which I didn't really care for) in 7th grade. There definitely wasn't anything in there to scandalize me but my teacher reprimanded me for reading them and told me I wasn't allowed to bring the books back into class :shock: I'm currently halfway through the Sookies and then it's on to BDB!

Twilight is definitely erotic in that it's full of sexual tension. I don't think SM has it in her, to write the kind of stuff us gutter folk feast on, though. There were a couple of really nice scenes (bedroom scene in Eclipse...yum) but the fade to black on the honeymoon in BD was a serious letdown.
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

SuperTwin: I didn't even think about VC Andrews. I started reading them when I was 16. My first VC Andrews series was the Heaven Castille one. I loved it. I read FITA after that one. I read the Heaven series, FITA series, Dawn series, Melody series, Ruby series, and My Sweet Audrina - which is a stand alone. My Sweet Audrina is the best. I recommend that one. Now that I'm an adult - and older and oh so much wiser - I have no idea why these books are marketed toward teens. There's physical, mental, and emotional abuse (usually toward a young female), rape, incest, and violence.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:SuperTwin: There's physical, mental, and emotional abuse (usually toward a young female), rape, incest, and violence.
Yes, and it was a big part of FitA which is why I was so traumatized by it. My first experience reading something with baking (and I have two older brothers) it was SO taboo and just awful. Where was the romance?? So I was completely turned off from it. And I made the mistake of judging all romance novels being like this. I'm so glad I found all of you here - I now know the joy of good smut and HWS!! :twisted: :lol: :D
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Where to begin?? Cripes!

I will pass the sponge along once i'm finished with it...unfortunately our dear RP will be scrubbed so clean he'll be glowing. ;) You might have to dhirty him up a bit.

Speaking of dhirty, i think that the Gutter name should have been called Gutter Guys and Gals Getting Dhirty! Or GGs in need of a Bath or now GGs Passing the Sponge. ;)

I found Twilight to be erotic in the chaste way, which made the actual honeymoon so worth it! My favourite moment was the famous "hip hook" in Eclipse. Swoon!!! I know that i'm not the only one who swooned and may have had to wipe a little sweat from their brow. 'Fess up ladies!

It's all about the anti-ci-pa-tion.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I was at a meeting this afternoon. We opened it by going around the table introducing ourselves and our current favorite book. I had to hold myself back from talking about the DH series. I had to rack my brain to come up with a title that wasn't smut related. :roll: Although someone mentioned the Sookie books and then quickly mentioned that it wasn't for teens. :lol:

Oleander: Those are good titles for our next Gutter thread. Save them so we can use them after this thread is over.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

After a long day of laundry, balancing the check book, running errands, taking the kids to ballet, volunteering at the school, and then going to the PTG (Parent Teacher Group) meeting tonight...I need a little eye candy. Anyone else?

red hots

caramel

lollipop
Last edited by bac on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Nice eye candy Bac, but the last one didn't lead to anywhere broken link or something.

I like all the name suggestions Oleander, those are great. Hmm I think BD did a good job with when they first get to the Island and my favorite part is when she walks out in the moonlight and finds in in the water. Very nice imagery.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

bac - NICE !!!!!!!

While, the Twilight series doesn't have the same "smuttiness" as BDB or DH. I think that it gives the reader just enough information to lead you down that path and lets the reader put their own imagination to work.

I find those type of books just as fascinating as those that have the "baking" completely down in print.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Oleander- heck yes! That hip-hook thing in Eclipse...definitely a "brow-wiping" moment!! Sometimes less is more. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm totally enjoying the smut level of BDB!!! :lol:

BAC- NIIIIIIIIIICE pix this morning! Way to wake up a girl! woo!