Dorks United

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Leah_says
Wandering Through Town

Re: Dorks United

Post by Leah_says »

I'm a dork/nerd as well. Maybe more of a nerd. =)
Anarey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Anarey »

Not only I consider myself a nerd, but to me geek=sexy for some reason. I could be with the ugliest man in the world as long as he is extremely intelligent.
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
childofthe80s
Settled in Forks

Post by childofthe80s »

Oh, I embraced my inner dork a long time ago :D

Not only was I a band geek in high school- I am still one. I teach the colorguard at a neighboring high school.
I am a math teacher (bc I love math, but I am also "highly qualified" to teach language arts.) I took the math praxis this summer on my own because I want to teach algebra one day. And even though I am a math teacher I attend the National Council of teachers of English conference every year because I get to meet some of my favorite authors (I've met Lois Lowry, Holly Black, Lauren Myracle, and this year- OR Melling & Daniel Waters, just to name two!)

My classroom library has more young adult books in it than the county library and I am proud of that fact. I got most of the teachers and students at my school reading Twilight.

one of the third grade teachers and I skipped school the day the first Harry Potter movie came out. and I have Hedwig's Theme as my text message tone.

There are so many instances of my dorkiness. I am proud to be a dork!
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

My family/friends make fun of me non stop lately, so I'm a big nerd too.
mrsedwardcullen

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

childofthe80s wrote:Oh, I embraced my inner dork a long time ago :D

My classroom library has more young adult books in it than the county library and I am proud of that fact. I got most of the teachers and students at my school reading Twilight.

one of the third grade teachers and I skipped school the day the first Harry Potter movie came out. and I have Hedwig's Theme as my text message tone.

There are so many instances of my dorkiness. I am proud to be a dork!
Good job on spreading the word on Twilight! My friend and her teacher are trying to get Twilight to be a prerequisite for their class.

That's funny about skipping work to see Harry Potter. I am definitely going to the premier of Twilight, I don't care if it means that I will fall asleep at my desk the next day! If I have to, I'll just call out so that I can go see the movie again! I think my priorities might need some adjusting :D
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

childofthe80s- I have Hedwig's Theme for my ringtone, haha. :D

Let's see. I once named a pet fish "Moody" after Mad Eye. I check Mugglenet like it's a reiligion. I have my own section for my HP books in my room, along with some theory books and stuff talking about the creatures and stuff in HP.

I have a shrine to Johnny Depp/POTC on top of my entertainment center. I've seen the movies millions of times, and especially the first one. I say the lines right before they're said and laugh when they're said in the exact same way/words I did. I usually annoy people when I do this.

I absolutely love Weird Al. He's great. I got to see him in concert last summer and I was in the second row.

I love to write (and, obviously, read.) I usually have fun with papers unless it's something I really don't care about. I love all the stories/other things I read in high school. I loved most of Shakespeare of what I've read, I love To Kill a Mockingbird. (Among my favorites.)

I love astronomy/mythology.

I would die without the computer. I check my e-mail every day, go on the Lex even if I don't post, go on MySpace, etc.

I love texting.

That's all I can think of right now.
Anarey

Post by Anarey »

I'm a proud geek. I have a library in my apartment, as in a whole room dedicated to books and encyclopedias. I made my mother have a room just for books in her house when I lived with her, she had to move the gym to the garage to do get the free space for it. I keep all my college books and material and all my notebooks since high school. Every time I hear a subject, be it the name of a person or a movie I just Google it and read everything I can about it until I can completely understand the subject. I actually love learning. I'm also a gamer, I love videogames as if I was a teenager boy. I love Pokemon (laugh, I know you want to), and Disney movies, and musicals. I love all music except the popular one (reggaeton, I hate it), but my favorite music is the classical and instrumental. I'm a sucker for mythology and anthropology. I like to read psychology books (the text books for college). I hate shopping and pretty much every other thing girls my age like. I could spent my whole life in my room reading without the need of a conversation or a social life. I don't even go out at all unless there's an awesome movie to go see. Yup, I'm the dorkest dork in the universe, and I love it!
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
Granuaile

Post by Granuaile »

Haha! Today I was talking to my friend across the hall at school about Breaking Dawn. We had to shout, so everyone was giving us funny looks! Then my teacher asked what i was talking about, so I explained, and it turned out she is going to get twilight from the library today! Then all the class heard and started making fun of me, but I have an Edward buzz so I didn't care! Then for getting to know you project I stuck on three million pics and avies from twilight and the host, and my other teacher spent five minutes talking about how great i was for being so open about myself! I didn't mention that there is a cult following-fanbase to her :P
Who needs imagination when there is Reality?
Answer: me

I wish our posts were graded, since this is what I'm doing instead of homework!

I am NOT bothering to learn ALL of your names. First come, first serve. And I'm done serving.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I am a super huge dork! I love being a dork! I embrase being a dork! I am proud of being a dork!!!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
ALL4TEAMEDWARD

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

*stands up* I am a complete and utter dork, and I am proud of it! I'm all about the comics and action figures, Spiderman, The hulk, The Fantastic 4, Iron Man, Batman, Superman, The Avengers & the whole sha-bang. I am just like my dad too, he is like THE UBER-DORK. You should see all the action figures he has! And the comics! Don't even get me started on the comics...lol