Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

I got my two really good friends to read the whole series. They're also those people who got to see the movie first before reading Twilight, and they're like came up with a lot of questions. I know they are hooked, because everyday we will talk to each other to share some ideas from the book. It's good though, we even go to see each other, have coffee, and talk talk for hours. It's cool! :)
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

I've recruited my mom, one of my friends (who hasn't read a book since college and is starting Eclipse today), and my 11 yo daughter (who hates to read, but has read TW and started NM last night). I have a couple other friends who are also reading it, but haven't read the whole series yet so I can't discuss anything with them yet! I have 1 friend who is refusing to read it on principle :D , but I think I've turned her as she has bought both TW and NM! LOL! I of course have a few friends who make fun that I'm reading a "teen" book. They just don't understand...(shaking my head) LOL!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I got my brother to read twilight recently, so now only my mum needs to read it for it to be a whole family that I've converted :lol:
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
consider_me_dazzled
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by consider_me_dazzled »

Well, 2 of my nieces got me to read it....then I coaxed my mom into it. She's at the end of New Moon or the beginning of Eclipse, not sure which. And she loves them, also!!! My brother and his girlfriend are fixing to start reading them as well....and possibly one of my aunts. Feels good to spread the love! lol
hannaa
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by hannaa »

Yes! I got 3 or 4 of my friends to read the books. But i have many friends left ;)
Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else - Charlie
Team Edward And Team Jacob
I'm on the list
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Bringing others to Twilight has sort of become a mission of mine. So far, I have converted my husband (he's an official TwiGuy now!), my 11 yo son( a jr TwiGuy, though I do wonder if he's reading them because the girl he has a crush on at school is a Twilighter), my sister-in-law, and two of my good friends. I have 1 person on my list who is anti-Twilight but can't have a reason, having never read any of the saga. She's my goal. If I can get her, I can get anyone. The wonderful thing is, it isn't that hard. Just get them reading, and the story and characters do all the work. :D
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

so I'm trying to convince my cousin to read it and I told him it would be a good way to meet girls because girls love twilight lol. his mom is trying to convince him too, she loves it, but i think hes too nervous of being made fun of (hes only 11 or something) any suggestions on how to get him to read it?
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Ifeellikerain wrote:so I'm trying to convince my cousin to read it and I told him it would be a good way to meet girls because girls love twilight lol. his mom is trying to convince him too, she loves it, but i think hes too nervous of being made fun of (hes only 11 or something) any suggestions on how to get him to read it?
Ifeellikerain, good call on going the "girls like it" route, though with an 11 yo, it's always a toss up as to whether or not you catch them on a day they are still convinced girls have cooties. :D When I convinced my husband to read it, I actually had him start with Midnight Sun. The mind of a 17 yo girl can be a bit overwhelming, even for the most understanding of men. I figured getting a bit from the guy perspective first would wet his appetite enough to get him into it and wanting more. Plus, especially for an 11 yo boy, it starts out with Edward planning a mass murder. The love kind of sneaks up on them. :lol: Good luck.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Jazz Girl wrote:Bringing others to Twilight has sort of become a mission of mine. So far, I have converted my husband (he's an official TwiGuy now!), my 11 yo son( a jr TwiGuy, though I do wonder if he's reading them because the girl he has a crush on at school is a Twilighter), my sister-in-law, and two of my good friends. I have 1 person on my list who is anti-Twilight but can't have a reason, having never read any of the saga. She's my goal. If I can get her, I can get anyone. The wonderful thing is, it isn't that hard. Just get them reading, and the story and characters do all the work. :D
Hey Jazz Girl-I also have 1 friend who is anti-Twilight-she is my quest!!! I'm not sure if I can get my husband though-he will be tough, but I might be able to get him to listen to on his was to and from work!

On a separate note-how are you handling your 11 y.o. reading the book? My 11 y.o. daughter is on NM-she hates to read and decided since I was so addicted she would try to read TW - she, of course, loves it (LOL!) but once she gets to Eclipse, and then BD, not quite sure how to handle the explanation of the pillows being ripped to shreds.. ;) Please feel free to PM me! Thanks!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Annabanana
Wandering Through Town

Post by Annabanana »

I've posted before how I got my sister to read it,
but yesterday I got my dad to watch the movie,
and he LOVED it! haha
maybe I will be able to get him to read the books as well.