Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

I got... my mom to read the whole series... She's not AS obsessed with the series as I am. She's a Jacob fan. :roll: And I got her to join the TwilightMom's site!! Haha. Then she got my aunt, her sister, to read Twilight and she liked as well. But I'm not really sure if she wants to read the second book. *crosses fingers* A few of my friends have read Twilight and they like it, one's even as obsessed as me, but I really have no one to talk about it to except you guys and my other online friends. Haha. I'm trying to get other people to read it. LOL.
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I've gotten many people to read Twilight, but I think the best one was when I convinced a girl at my church who doesn't read or understand the stories all that well to give them a try. Now she's hooked and enjoys reading all sorts of books (but of course Twilight is her favorite)!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
BreakingTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by BreakingTwilight »

I got 4 people at work to read the book. One of the girls I talked into reading it has now gotten her husband to readin it. he finsihed the books before she ever got the chance to start reading them. It brought us all together, which was cool, and now my wife and I have a new couple to hang out with.
msbrit90
Settled in Forks

Post by msbrit90 »

got like 4 friends to read it plus my boyfriend ( lol getting him to read it was very difficult)
and im in the process of getting my mom to read it.
fireice99
Wandering Through Town

Post by fireice99 »

both my parents, some of my friends, ALMOST my boyfriend, but not quite. he wasn't much of a reader, to put is mildly. But yeah my parents read them all, and they loved 'em. I'm still shocked that they actually read a vampire romance novel. I never thought i'd see the day!

Kaleb Nation is awesome! Check out his site for insightful comments as he reads New Moon.
Sophie Cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sophie Cullen »

I've had good luck getting people to read it. My Mom read it last year and loved it. She never re-reads books, but she's read every book in the Twilight Saga at least twice, some of them more. I just got my brother to listen to the audio book of Twilight. Now he's trying to get New Moon from the library. Finaly, my Dad just finished Twilight and he's part way through New Moon. So far, I think he likes the series!! I'm really happy!! :mrgreen:
~Supporting Stephenie Meyer 100% Of The Way~
~Midnight Sun Virgin~
CullenWannaB
Settled in Forks

Post by CullenWannaB »

Pretty much everyone I know. It started with my husband then moved to all the females in my family ( there are 9), then it moved to my friends from out of state. If I was a missionary for any religion I would be #1 for conversions.
Yes I want a "Cold One" and I am not talking about a drink.
Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Persephonie »

My husband..... :-)
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

My husband has FINALLY agreed to read! I can't wait.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

yup! i did.
one of my good friends K, she's just as obsessed as I am. we're always fighting over edward and gushing about him...haha, she thinks she's married to him because she had a dream that she did but hell no she can't be cause i am. :lol: :lol: - she reads twilight everyday before she goes to bed like meeee...we have so many twilight moments together...goodtimes!
and one of my other friends that i went to school with. I talk to her through MSN nowadays and i kept babbling on and on about twilight till one day she's was like "MALAZ. GUESS WHAT I AM READIN?" and i said "TWILIGHT" haha....she finished all the books too and is so excited for the movie but i don't think she's THAT obsessed as me cause she says the books aren't worth reading twice or more :shock: :shock: so she isn't buying her own copies :shock: :shock: :shock: