1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?
I knew something bad was coming. I knew it the moment there was still something with wrong with Edward the following day. I didn't know exactly what but I just was sitting there going oh, oh this is so so bad. So, when Edward broke up with her my heart sank as my suspicions of the bad being confirmed. Not to mention I of course cried.
2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?
Yes, it's called my ex-boyfriend. Not now of course (me has a different boyfriend now
). I was deeply in love with him.
3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?
I don't think I really believed that he didn't love her anymore. I spent the whole chapters he was gone waiting for him to come back. I was sitting there going he has to come back he just has to. As I kept reading I kept waiting and at one point I thought he had because she thought his name. I think it was in the meadow but I don't remember. I was so disappointed that he wasn't. Well, I guess I didn't believe him as readily as Bella did because I somehow knew that they were meant to be. I know it sounds cheesy/corny but whatever it's the truth.
4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.
Well, I am not sure I had much of one. I was like okay so there's this guy helping to find her. I didn't think much about his question to Bella or anything. I was most focused on Bella and her pain.
5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages
I was confused at first as to why there were just months but it didn't take me too long to figure it. I was like oh, duh. Four months of zombie Bella
. Poor girl.