Did You Ever Think You're Not Human?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Did You Ever Think You're Not Human?

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Thank you so much for informing me about that. I kind of thought I was empathetic but I wasn't sure how it worked exactly. Now it feels cool and I know that I have an explanation for it. I'd love to look into this some more. This is awesome. I've never met another empath before. Thank you again. :)
Anarey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Anarey »

Edward Cullen Fan wrote:Thank you so much for informing me about that. I kind of thought I was empathetic but I wasn't sure how it worked exactly. Now it feels cool and I know that I have an explanation for it. I'd love to look into this some more. This is awesome. I've never met another empath before. Thank you again. :)
Well like I said, when all these things started hiring me hard, Google became my best friend. Read more than one source because sometimes the one you read might get it wrong. I've met other empaths before, but like me, they don't have any control over it. I hope I learn how to control it someday because some places are too hard for me to go to, like hospitals and funerals, they drive me insane because the feelings are too overwhelming.
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Mine hasn't gotten quite that bad yet. But does that just happen over time or something? Gradually? That must be so terrible with having that happen all the time. I've had that happen maybe two or three times but that's about it. I'm guessing it's something gradual, at least.
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Everything is so inuitive. I don't believe, Edward Cullen Fan, that there is a set way for it to happen, evolve, occur, or even present itself to begin with. It's tailored to every individual, and what you see isn't always the same as the person next to you. In my opinion - and I have by no means studied this or anything, this is just what I've come to understand with myself - everything is unique. I find most of my answers inside of me, not outside. Sure, Google rocks for getting an overview, but no google page can tell you how your gifts are going to change and evolve - because they change with you. Google's a great place to start for an overview on what it is, a broad definition, ect, but when you decide you want to answer the really personal questions, you have to answer that from inside. It sounds cheeky, but nothing a little meditation won't take care of.

If you're interested, one meditation I like is a clearing-mind one. I focus on my pulse and my breathing until those are the only two things I am aware of, and my mind is completely clear of any thought whatsoever. Then I think the question ; not necessarily in words, I think in ideas, emotions. It's weird; it's like a second language to me, and I've been trying to find a way to do a reverse-Jasper: let other people feel what I'm feeling, because then I could communicate my 'thoughts' more thouroughly without having to translate them into words. Sometimes, when meditating, the answer just pops to me; I see a picture of a place in my mind, or a book, or a person, or a word just comes to mind, something. Sometimes, there's nothing, but I'll wake up the next morning, or even when I wake up several days later, I know the answer. But it's completely based on feel and intuition - what feels right to you is the most important part. Good luck!

And remember; it hasn't gotten bad; it's not like a disease. It's just a very beautiful part of you that makes you whole. It's just a part that you don't completely understand, but hey, I don't know precisely how the human heart works, either. ;)

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

Love wrote:No, but I sure do wish I wasn't human.

I wish I was a vampire. :lol:
me too!!!!!

my arms are ALWAYS cold and one time my friend grabbed my hand and said "geez did you just step out of a freezer?!" and I was like "no.. I'm always this temp." and he was like "okay then" and then I was like "wouldn't it be cool if I turned out to be a vampire?" and he was like "You read that Edward book one too many times" :lol:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

bittenbyEdwardCullen wrote:My family keeps saying that I'm a vampire because I can walk past them a billion times an never see me. I can even be standing right next to them and they still won't feel or see me. They say I glide.They also say I have freaky hands because I can make my hands move like spiders because I'm double jointed (I didn't understand why everyone thought it was so creepy and accurate until I saw my shadow while I was doing it), you can easily bend the top part of my finger back, and I can make my fingers do the worm. Then I can also bend the top part of my fingers forward while the rest is straight. It's so weird but cool! :D And now after my sister read Breaking Dawn she started calling me a mutant because my body temperature is really high and I don't even have a fever or am sick. Then there was also that time when I stepped on a tack and I didn't even bleed. It just left a little hole but it healed right away. I don't know if I'm human anymore. :?

Are you a light walker or something? I get that too! I'm double-jointed too, yay! I had to take a self-defense class for work, and I just freaked the instructors out. We were supposed to tap the side of our thigh when the moves we were learning began to hurt, and they would just stare at me in disbelief. Most people don't bend in such awkward directions, like double-jointed people. My body temp is usually 97.3 to 97.6, but I'm always the person in the room that complains that it's too hot, but my hands usually stay cool. I guess I'd be a mutant too!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
kl1028

Post by kl1028 »

my sister says im a vampire cuz i like to bite haha...and yea i have sharp eye teeth (or used to before my jerk of a orthadontis filed them down with out asking) but im not cold....actually im always hot so maybe im like renesmee :)

i also get vibes from ppl....i read ppl well...
Anarey

Post by Anarey »

Edward Cullen Fan wrote:Mine hasn't gotten quite that bad yet. But does that just happen over time or something? Gradually? That must be so terrible with having that happen all the time. I've had that happen maybe two or three times but that's about it. I'm guessing it's something gradual, at least.
My theory is (and it's just a theory with no basis besides my own experience, specially because I don't know your age), as you get older you change a lot, your perspective, your personality and your feelings towards the world change, your body also changes and with it your brain, they both develop into what will be your adult self (It ussualy stops at 25 or close, to me these things got stronger when I was 20-21).Everything that's part of your brain will also develop and if your perspective and your brain change in the same way, you end up with certain skills being stronger in you, be it drawing, writing, and "special ones" as well. If, say, you are an empath and you end up as a compassionate, loving person then it will (probably) get stronger because it becomes part of your personality to care about others' feelings and your sense of perception will develop inside of your brain. I hope this makes sense at all. It sounded a lot less complicated in my mind.

Probably the Google advice was not the best, as Ren said, some answers are inside yourself. But I'm a person that runs on theories that come from lots of information applied to experience. Your experiences will tell you what's best for you, but if you are worried about it "evolving", try to get all the information you can to be prepared to embrace it and understanding it. Just don't go around weird groups (sometimes they don't accept they are cults) because they will mess up with your mind and you might end up hating yourself or living in denial of your own "talents" which will prevent you from achieving a sense of completeness in life and with it true happiness.
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

What about deja vu? Lately I've been responding to people's questions thinking they've asked them already and it turns out it was deja vu. I feel like they just repeated themselves or forgot what they just asked me. Or, I'll just respond before they say something, because I know what they're going to say because I've seen it already. I hope my wording this makes sense! Does anyone have any ideas or theories about this? It's become more frequent in the past years.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Hehe Deja Vu happens a lot, I'm learning. It's really fun, but I've found no way to control it, or use it all the time. Like, I don't know how to "look ahead" like Alice does, you know? Just keep running with it, and one thing you can try to develop ESP, is get a deck of cards, and facedown, try and guess the color of the card. Just make your mind blank, and go with the first one that comes to mind. If you do exceptionally well, try guessing the suit, instead,and work up to guessing the entire face. It'll really help your intuition, which will help your ESP and Deja Vu. It'll also help you, as a human-centric being, realize that 'hey this thing... this intuition, is really here' and it'll help you become more aware of it and trust it more. ;)

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!