Sequels

Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Sequels

Postby BrandOfHeroine » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:30 pm

Mara Jade Cullen wrote:While I really would like to continue with the story since I like seeing Ian and Wanda together, I also wouldn't.
I'll explain. Wanda is, in essence, immortal. Ian is not. They ending is a happy one with hope. Thinking too far beyond that--decades into the future, there is only lost love and pain. :cry:


I agree, in a way. I want to know more about them, but when you think about it, someday Ian will die, and I don't think Wanda will go to another planet to keep living.
I think, as well, we've all been influenced by Twilight, since there, they have an everlasting love and here they don't.
However, if there only was a way of making Ian immortal.....no, it would be weird. Never mind, he wouldn't get to keep his body and ....no, haha never mind.
Image
User avatar
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Sequels

Postby Wingtear » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:04 am

I would love to read a sequel where Wanda and Ian becomes parents. Since we learned how soul's "motherhood" was, it would be really interesting to see how Wanda would react to being a "human mother".
And I love the Host so much more than Twilight, the only reason it's not in first position in my top-list is, the Twilight-saga is there, more books of the host and they'll swap places as fast as I can do it...
So, yeah, I want sequels
Image
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
User avatar
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball
 
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:09 am
Location: in Finland, making out with a werewolf

Re: Sequels

Postby Sleepwalker » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:16 pm

Mara Jade Cullen wrote:While I really would like to continue with the story since I like seeing Ian and Wanda together, I also wouldn't.
I'll explain. Wanda is, in essence, immortal. Ian is not. They ending is a happy one with hope. Thinking too far beyond that--decades into the future, there is only lost love and pain. :cry:

Yes but Wanda can choose to stay in her human body, and the human body will die eventually. They can at least grow old together.
User avatar
Sleepwalker
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:41 pm

Re: Sequels

Postby slightlyobsessed » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:22 pm

Did anyone here read The Uglies series? Each of the Uglies series' books was named after a different type of human. The main character in the first book was considered an "Ugly." In the second book she became a "Pretty." In the third a "Special." I'm wondering if Stephenie's planning on doing something similar with The Host. Like, Wanderer goes from (for lack of a better term) "battling" with Mel in the first book to maintain her identity, to "battling" with herself in The Soul, to "battling" with a seeker in The Seeker.

In any case, I LOVED The Host (and the Twilight Saga, for that matter). A lot. But after hearing Stephenie talk about some of the other books idea she has (she's mentioned both a ghost story and a story about mermaids/sirens) I have to say I'm SO interested and willing to read anything that woman writes! She writes these fantasy (in every definition possible) romance stories that so totally grab my interest in every way. So, whether it's a sequel to The Host, or a continuation of the Twilight saga in some manifestation, or the start of a new series all together, I don't care. I just need new Stephenie Meyer books now!
ImageImage
Image
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
User avatar
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Re: Sequels

Postby x. Jessica-Louise .x » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:58 am

slightlyobsessed wrote:Did anyone here read The Uglies series? Each of the Uglies series' books was named after a different type of human. The main character in the first book was considered an "Ugly." In the second book she became a "Pretty." In the third a "Special." I'm wondering if Stephenie's planning on doing something similar with The Host. Like, Wanderer goes from (for lack of a better term) "battling" with Mel in the first book to maintain her identity, to "battling" with herself in The Soul, to "battling" with a seeker in The Seeker.

In any case, I LOVED The Host (and the Twilight Saga, for that matter). A lot. But after hearing Stephenie talk about some of the other books idea she has (she's mentioned both a ghost story and a story about mermaids/sirens) I have to say I'm SO interested and willing to read anything that woman writes! She writes these fantasy (in every definition possible) romance stories that so totally grab my interest in every way. So, whether it's a sequel to The Host, or a continuation of the Twilight saga in some manifestation, or the start of a new series all together, I don't care. I just need new Stephenie Meyer books now!


I agree I bet Stephenie could write about pretty much anything and I'd love it. Her characters are always just so real. Her other book ideas sound awsome. I can't wait till her next ones out whether its a host sequel, midnight sun, or something completly new! :mrgreen:
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
User avatar
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:21 pm
Location: England

Re: Sequels

Postby Black » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:07 am

Wanda's only immortal as long as she has a host body to live in. If her host body dies and she doesn't have a cryotank to go into, she's going to die as well. That's why they call it 'the final death'.


Anyway, who do you think the first one to have a baby's gonna be? :D
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
User avatar
Black
Fishing with Charlie
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:46 am
Location: - Nowhere -

Re: Sequels

Postby slightlyobsessed » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:32 am

You know, I think, IF there's going to be a pregnancy, she'll have Mel get pregnant first. I wouldn't be surprised if Mel and Jared get pregnant between books. You know how SM likes to skip at least a couple of months between each book. Then she'll be able to explore Wanderer's feelings about pregnancy before she herself is pregnant, in addition to the fear and wonder she'll feel when she first realizes she's pregnant, then the emotions throughout the whole pregnancy, and finally the birth. It's like someone a few posts ago pointed out: on Wanderer's home planet motherhood is essentially suicide. Beyond the normal fears that pregnancy brings, Wanderer's going to have to deal with a whole new set of doubts and fears.

It would be fascinating to read.
ImageImage
Image
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
User avatar
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Re: Sequels

Postby Black » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Melanie might already be pregnant because we know that she and Jared did some... things after she got her body back (I doubt they kicked Jamie out just so they could cuddle). Which I think is weird because I doubt they had access to any prophylactics (unless of course someone got some on a raid and we were never told) so what ever happened to Jared's I'm-too-noble-to-bring-a-baby-into-the-world attitude? lol

Maybe he was just like... "You know what, screw it *Om nom nom nom!* "

; D
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
User avatar
Black
Fishing with Charlie
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:46 am
Location: - Nowhere -

Re: Sequels

Postby x. Jessica-Louise .x » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Black wrote:Melanie might already be pregnant because we know that she and Jared did some... things after she got her body back (I doubt they kicked Jamie out just so they could cuddle). Which I think is weird because I doubt they had access to any prophylactics (unless of course someone got some on a raid and we were never told) so what ever happened to Jared's I'm-too-noble-to-bring-a-baby-into-the-world attitude? lol

Maybe he was just like... "You know what, screw it *Om nom nom nom!* "

; D


Haha I love that! They should so have a baby. Lots. All of them. They need to re-populate the earth god damn it!
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
User avatar
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:21 pm
Location: England

Re: Sequels

Postby slightlyobsessed » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Black wrote:
Maybe he was just like... "You know what, screw it *Om nom nom nom!* "

; D


HAHAHA! Hilarious!

Okay, so maybe it's like in Twilight after New Moon when Edward isn't as affected by Bella's blood anymore because the thought of having lost her "cured" him of his bloodlust. Jared thought he'd lost Mel for good, but now that he has her back he realizes what's important--that they make the time they have together count.

Also, there are a TON of things that have changed since the time Jared put the kibosh on sex with Mel.
-Mel's now "legal"
-They have an established community of support
-They have a skilled doctor in their community
-Another woman in their community gave birth since coming to the caves (could have had either a positive or a negative effect on Jared, but the fact that both the mother and child are alive has to say something.)

Plus, Mel's a strong, independent woman. If she wants to get some, she's going to. You think Jared will say no to her now? I don't.
ImageImage
Image
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
User avatar
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

PreviousNext

Return to The Host

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests