Country Music

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Country Music

Post by simple_love♫ »

urcoolcarrie wrote:ha ha!! totally! i love those two. i also really like kenny chesney. he is one good lookin man. :)
Oh I know!!! and George Strait too!! he just keeps getting better with age.. so much charisma *sigh*
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i know!
you know what, i think the reason i like country music so much is because it has so much meaning. every song tells a story. its not just a whole bunch of people screaming, its someone telling their view or their take on an event. its just amazing to listen to the words of country songs.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
clariissaa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by clariissaa »

TAYLOR SWIFT.
Love her!
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

clariissaa wrote:TAYLOR SWIFT.
Love her!
her new cd comes out Nov 11!!!
I really like her but I think she's going to end up a sell out by doing all that MTV and re-mix stuff like with "Teardrops" the up beat version is kinda bad.. but she's a great song writer and her live performance vocals have improved
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
netnut
Wandering Through Town

Post by netnut »

i like alt-country rock?? bright eyes, ryan adams, jeff tweedy! woooo! i also like the anthology of american folk music. Bluegrass & folk is kind of similar to country, eh?
BreakingTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by BreakingTwilight »

I enjoy all types of music, never being able to really pick just one. With country, I am a fan of older country, George Jones, Johnny Cash (All time fave artist), Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, etc. In my opinon, todays country is so watered down with all of the artists singing about the same thing. There are those few exceptions but, again, in my opinion, it doesn't grab me like the older artists.
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

Chris Young has a new single called "Voices" and it's like "I hear voices all the time... "
then I screamed "EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!" haha sorry that is kind of random but I'm always finding country songs that relate to Twilight in some way

some examples:

"Safest Place" by LeAnn Rimes -- Twilight

"What If You Stay" by Chuck Wicks -- in Eclipse when Jake wanted Bella to pick him over Edward
(like that was going to happen)

"Man to Man" by Gary Allan -- Eclipse when Jake and Edward when they were talking in the tent

"I Still Miss You" by Keith Anderson -- NM.. Bella when Edward left, throwing out cd's not reading...

"Starts with Goodbye" by Carrie Underwood -- NM

"I Wish for You" by Jessica Andrews -- NM Edward wanted Bella to move on (what was he thinking?)

"In My Dreams" by Josh Turner -- Eclipse/BD what Edward wants for Bella

"Lost in this Moment" by Big & Rich -- BD the wedding

there's tons more I can't think of right now
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I usually prefer the male artists when it comes to country music. I like Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, George Strait. Rascal Flatts is a good band, but occasionally the lead singer's voice gets on my nerves. Sorry if this offends someone! He can be a bit nasal at times. They have real good music that can be played on a country station or something mainstream.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

Elizabeth wrote: Rascal Flatts is a good band, but occasionally the lead singer's voice gets on my nerves. Sorry if this offends someone! He can be a bit nasal at times. They have real good music that can be played on a country station or something mainstream.
Thank you for the Rascal Flatts comment!!!!! they get on my nerves so bad...
I like the song lyrics they have though... wait they don't write most of their songs never mind
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

simple_love♫ wrote:
Elizabeth wrote: Rascal Flatts is a good band, but occasionally the lead singer's voice gets on my nerves. Sorry if this offends someone! He can be a bit nasal at times. They have real good music that can be played on a country station or something mainstream.
Thank you for the Rascal Flatts comment!!!!! they get on my nerves so bad...
I like the song lyrics they have though... wait they don't write most of their songs never mind
Oh really? I thought that they wrote their material, or at least collaborated. I'm glad someone agrees with being a bit overwhelmed by the band at times! If people could just see through some of these music genres and just listen to the lyrics in songs, they'd see what they're missing out on.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back