Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by deven »

i agree that they are only compared because they are fantasy and high sellers! but thats it. i also agree that jkr has better writing than sm...but i still love them both!

as for mr.weasly...i have never heard that before. i would have been devastated if he died...i had a hard enuogh time with tonks and lupin dying...i cried for days..lol. when i was reading the 7th one my brother finished before me and he told me mrs. weasly died..i started crying...he was so mean.lol
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

deven wrote:i agree that they are only compared because they are fantasy and high sellers! but thats it. i also agree that jkr has better writing than sm...but i still love them both!

as for mr.weasly...i have never heard that before. i would have been devastated if he died...i had a hard enuogh time with tonks and lupin dying...i cried for days..lol. when i was reading the 7th one my brother finished before me and he told me mrs. weasly died..i started crying...he was so mean.lol
Haha you poor thing. Well, she's one of the few that don't die. :(

Can you believe my mouth literally dropped when they killed Hedwig? So early in the book, too.

I mean, I know it was just an owl but...JKR has some guts actually KILLING characters off. -pout-

As for the epilogue, I kinda saw the coupling coming.

What did you guys think of it?
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

yeah I think we all saw the coupling...and Neville being a professor at Hogwarts...I feel for the one who's brother told her that Mrs. Weasley died...but I also identify with the brother because my mom isn't done with the 6th one and I told her she'd better get to reading and that the 7th book is obsolete because they kill of Harry...but that one is easier to see around than Mrs. Weasley. Goodness I wish the series weren't over!
deven

Post by deven »

^^^ thats just cruel...lol i didnt believe him at first..but then i got to where she fights belatrix...i burst into tears and was like HOLY CRAP! she does die...lol was a jerk

edwardlikeshaystacks-i was so sad when hedwig died! i almost cried but i didnt...i was just shocked and sad..=[

p.s. does anyone here listen to wizardrock?
edwardlikeshaystacks

The 7th book was really great for me though, despite all the character kill offs. I really liked how Neville and Mrs. Weasley really stepped out of their bubble.

Haha, Mrs. Weasley with her, "Get away from my daughter, you b*#?@!" :P

Wizardrock...no...is that a band?
deven

Post by deven »

lol..its not just one band its like 500 bands...all about harry potter. i realize how nerdy that is but i LOVE it. my favorite bands are ministry of magic, the remus lupins, the moaning myrtles, draco and the malfoys, the parselmouths, ubt there are so many more!
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

The Moaning Myrtles?? :lol:
List, Gnat ♥
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Yep, the Moaning Myrtles. MTV did an article on wizard-rock vs. Twi-rock. I thought they should have spent a bit less time in the tent for Deathly Hallows.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
edwardlikeshaystacks

Haha, wow, who knew there were so many bands dedicated to harry potter! I think the only one I know is Harry and the Potters. As for Twilight bands...I think I only know the bella cullen project. :)
deven

Post by deven »

there is also mitch hansen band...but i dont listen to twi-rock...its not as cool as wizardrock...if anyone is interested i know many great bands/songs

yeah harry and the potters is like the first and most famous...but they arent very good.

some people made a documentary...called the wizardrockumentary..its really really good..and i am in it...score..i was at a concert..great facial shot! lol but it was really good these girl went al over the country interviewing bands and concerts..lol.

one other thing about them that is cool is that they dont want to be big..they said that if the get to the point when they arent mailing out their CDs anymore than wizardrock is too big. some have even been approached by labels but have turned them all down...like the remus lupins...