Are your parents OK with vampires?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by Elizabeth »

My mom is into mythical/magical things. She loves watching Greek mythology movies. She hasn't really found an interest in vamps, but I get the fantasy gene from her! Or is it fantasy?? She loves sci-fi stuff like X-Files too, I never got into that, but I loved Roswell!! Yummy Jason Behr...sorry, got a bit distracted, mind wandered!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Anarey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Anarey »

My mom loves horror movies, but for some weird reason she gave me a lecture when I started reading the Anne Rice books. I had to rent the Interview with the Vampire movie and get her to watch it so she could leave me alone. But then I told her I was going to be in a Vampire movie and she flipped out again to the point I was almost not going to be in the movie. Since I spent almost 2 months going to the set, by the time it was finished she only gave me a weird look like asking herself if I was ever going to grow up, but she ended up helping me choose the dress for the premiere. :D She haven't said anything about Twilight yet because I don't live with her anymore.
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
sillyhead.
Settled in Forks

Post by sillyhead. »

my mom didnt want me to read the book, at first.
but well.. i somehow convinced her after 93467834632 years.
Fanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Fanpire »

My parents don't mind.....But they are not really fans you know...they just don't mind them :D And that's okay with me
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

my mom doesn't really care what I read but she's the one who got me hooked on Twilight
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
NiCoLeeLoCin
Wandering Through Town

Post by NiCoLeeLoCin »

My parents don't mind. Btw my father reads allot science fiction, so it would be unfair if I wasn't allowed to read something like Twilight. My mother keeps complaining that I buy too many books... :? Bit weird. Aren't parents supposed to happy when their kids are reading :roll: :roll:
GoldEyesSilentHeart
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by GoldEyesSilentHeart »

My mom has read the books, and so now she understands my obsession, but she's not obsessed. I don't really spend a lot of time with my dad, so he doesn't exactly know that I'm obsessed with anything. And my grandma just thinks it's evil. She claims that my obsession is unhealthy, and I should be sent to the doctor. I just told her that I would be happy to go if it was Carlisle. She rolled her eyes, and she's careful about what she says around me so that I don't burst out into a Twilight rant. Though, that's pretty much impossible to avoid now that just about everything relates to Twilight some way. Lol!
I'll be your star if you'll be my sky.
I'll be your Bella if you'll be my Edward.
I'll be your forever if you'll be my everything.
&&Heartsss
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

They are okay with the whole thing.
My dad doesnt' care at all, he doesn't say anything. My mom was the one that said something to me once. "How can you read that stuff, your going to get obsessed and I'll have to send you to a doctor." I said that it's not really like that. It's a love story between a vampire and human, and I told her more of the plot and she was okay with it. She said this to my sister too, but that's all she's ever said.
The only thing they hate is when they say something that reminds me of it, and then I start talking about it. But they've never threatened to take the books away or anything. I'd die if they did that!
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

My mom has always been strangly supportaive of things I get obsessed with. She's even read the Twilight series and is planning on going to the movie with me (she went to the Breaking Dawn release party with me, too). And instead of getting annoyed with me everytime a shout "Volvo!" when we're driving down the street, she joins in, it's become a game of sorts to see who can spot the most Volvo's, and if you fine a silver S60R you win :D . She let me buy honey colored contacts even, so I could look more like the Cullen's. So all in all, she cool with it.
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
fireice99
Wandering Through Town

Post by fireice99 »

my parents had never read anything about vampires before, and didn't plan on it, so they were skeptical about reading the twilight series. however, they did read it and both loved it. They both say, though, that they don't plan on reading anything other than Stephenie Brand Vampires, cuz they're just cool, aand i have to say i'm the same. SM"s are the only vampires we read about, so there aren't any misconceptions about the SBVs at all!

Kaleb Nation is awesome! Check out his site for insightful comments as he reads New Moon.