Are vampires real?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Are vampires real?

Post by SarahGoddard »

The way I see it is that myths, legends and fantasys all had to come from somewhere. The think I find most interesting is when various different countries and cultures have variations of the same legends before they even had contact with each other (ie dragons in England and China)

Using that as my "proof" there has to be something to support all the stories and legends, and to be honest why cant we take old books, paintings and stories etc as fact? In thousands of years time people could be reading our newspapers or refernece books and saying "look what these foolish people of years gone by beleived...that they sky was blue when we have actually now proven it to be green" (ok not the best of examples but hopefully you get the idea)

OR they could read about elephants or blue whales or eagles - these animals may be extinct or changed so radically in thousands of years time that they may be seen as "myths and legends"

I'm not saying that vampires may now be extinct because the eternal fantasist in me wants to belive in magic and stories and belive that they are still out there along with all the other glorious elements of "fantasy" that make our mundane lives more interesting when we read about them in books or watch them in films.

Long live the vampires, fairies, werewolves, dragons and all other mystical creatures!!! :D

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
*Lamb*I*Am*
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by *Lamb*I*Am* »

Hmmm....it does make you think.

I don't know one way or another, but I think there are still alot of things, we as humans have yet to find out.

"Legends" had to start somewhere. Many different cultures have legends that all loosely relate to the Vampire.

Why don't we know about them? Well....either A. They don't exist. Or B. They want us to think they don't exist.
;)
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist". ;)

I think humans in general, don't WANT to know about anything "sinister" that they can't control. Whether that be ghosts or Vampires. So, we need PROOF, we need explanations....

How very boring :mrgreen: LOL

Oh...another thing....
How many people, world wide....each year, "disappear"?
So many people & many will never be explained....

Food for thought. :mrgreen:
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I'm a big believer in the supernatural. I won't mess around with dark magic or ghosts or anything, that just gives me the heebie jeebies so I definately think there are such things as vampires. :P maybe one of them will bite me.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Constantine
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Constantine »

If they are real, i doubt they will make their presence known like the Cullens.
Plus with all the medicinal breakthroughs and technology also animal
blood cloning, they can just apply that to human blood cloning - though we see
that as inhumane.. vampires would see that as opportunity, they wouldn't have
to risk exposing their world... if it existed.

Am i believer? hrmm i believe that anything is possible.
i know you will heal, but i never wanna see you hurt.
~my fan art
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

Constantine wrote:If they are real, i doubt they will make their presence known like the Cullens.
Plus with all the medicinal breakthroughs and technology also animal
blood cloning, they can just apply that to human blood cloning - though we see
that as inhumane.. vampires would see that as opportunity, they wouldn't have
to risk exposing their world... if it existed.

Am i believer? hrmm i believe that anything is possible.

Exactly. Innocent until proven guilty, theres no evidence for or against vampires being real. So who knows?
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
Sterling Snow
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: chillen with Jasper, Draco, and the people in mah head

Post by Sterling Snow »

*Lamb*I*Am* wrote: Oh...another thing....
How many people, world wide....each year, "disappear"?
So many people & many will never be explained....

Food for thought. :mrgreen:
Oooh, that gave me the heebie jeebies, because if you think about it, it's true. Are all of those people who were reported missing, really missing? Or did something happen too them...

I think that there is a lot in this world that we don't understand. I would like to believe that there are vampires and other mythical creatures. The world we live in is a very strange place, after all.
Yes, I love Harry Potter. Yes, I am in Slytherin. Will that be a problem?
Team Taylor and Team Robert
I'm baaaack! (and fangirlier than ever!!!)
If you know how to make banners/avatars, please pm me, cuz I'm in desperate need of one!
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

It was around Halloween my Freshman year and we were talking about vampires and we asked our Spanish teacher (who is deeply religious) if she believed in vampires and she wouldn't answer us. We're like "Are they really out there?? (hehe)" and she was dead set on keeping it a secret. So we're like ... e_O ?

She just kept saying that we weren't 'spiritually mature' enough to handle the truth. She wouldn't give. So a few years later she was bringing me and my sister home from school and I asked her again. I assured her that I had my peace with God (not) and that I could handle the truth and she still wouldn't.

I want to know what she was thinking, man. I won't die until I know.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
Sleepwalker
Settled in Forks

Post by Sleepwalker »

Do Vampires exist? no.

But i think there are people who like to believe they are vampires. They go through the whole ceremony of drinking blood and filing their teeth and living in the dark. I myself do not believe in vampires at all.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

If you knew why people started believing in vampires you would know that it was just them trying to explain what was, at the time, the unexplainable.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

This subject has me fascinated.But i honestly don't know what to believe so far.
I mean if something like this did exist wouldn't they be killing millions of people at once.
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.