Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Monica
Settled in Forks

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by Monica »

Two words: Pissed Off.

I don't feel like expressing my anger in paragraph form, so I'll just shorten it with those two words.
BEDhead
Settled in Forks

Post by BEDhead »

You know; i could sit here and cry myself to sleep about the fact that the ONE scene i wanted to be written in Edwards perspective (the one where he and bella are in the sun and they kiss for the first time) may never be written because SOME disrespectful person leaked Midight Sun. However, all i can think is "Poor Stephenie"... The fact that she actually then went on to put it on her site in order to stop people feeling guilty about reading it revealed very good character on her part.
I just wish she could keep writing, but i think she should take the time that she needs....
Roy:Even if that were true,it's just not in their nature to learn how to use a ladder.They have wings.When a moth thinks about traveling vertically upwards, a ladder is just the last thing they would think of."
AMC521
Settled in Forks

Post by AMC521 »

Okay, look I feel really bad for Stephenie I do and I think what happened with the leak was just horrible. Whoever it was that did this obviously has no ethics or values. But.... come on??? What about us, her "loyal fans" as she put it. Why do we all have to suffer for some idiot's actions? It's not right that we stood by her through think and thin and continue to do so and we are the ones who are punished by not getting a chance to see "Twilight" from Edward's perspective. If she really cared about us she would take some time off and when she cooled down she would finish the book if not for herself but for us. I'm disappointed in the individual who leaked the manuscript but I am also disappointed that Stephenie is taking it out on us!!!
raiderfanz
Settled in Forks

Post by raiderfanz »

I haven't read but the first chapter of Midnight sun, enjoyed that. Still holding on to hope for Stephenie to change her mind... However I do tend to agree with post by "yourfavoritearies" I believe was the name? Life happens to all of us, ups and downs and we all have to find our own way to work through them. I would hope that professionalism and fan loyalty will win out over hurt feelings and emotions that are raw right now. I will keep re reading the series until such time comes that I Must read the copy on her site.
My main curiosity is with the leakage itself, if her copies were given willingly (possible manuscripts to actors and or producers for twilight) did it cross the mind that it was a great possibility it could be leaked from that point? How would we all feel if we found out that it was someone from that idea? Intentional or not?
My favorite book is and always will be Twilight, so to have Edward's perspective on this is a great gift. I do truly hope she will come to be at strength at overcoming a terrible thing that has happened to her and her fans.
HOLDING ON TO HOPE!
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

YourFavoriteAries wrote:
AudreyBlack wrote: I have to say that Stephenie is NOT the one letting anyone Down!!! She was let down by the people that stole her work. How would you feel if you worked for years on a project and someone stole it from you? Maybe she just needs a break she isnt a machine and to be hones i think people demand to much of her sometimes. she is human !!
I don't see it as someone stealing it from her. They did not take it and claim it as their own. THAT would be stealing. They were still wrong and the laws might say it is "stealing" but that is not how I see it.

But even if, I HAVE had things I love and care about and put my heart and soul into stolen from me. I've also been betrayed in many ways, WE ALL HAVE. A fact of human existence.

If she needed a break then she could just you know say "I need a break"...
I would understand that, I'm not an inhuman freak that wants her to pump out books like a computer.
:lol:

I hear what you are saying, we view it differently, but I have no problem with your opinion or how you put it. Just as a minor point though, maybe it's just my interp, I see "indefinite hold" as a break. Now maybe it will end up as OK it's now six months later and I want to write it again, or nope not going to do it. If she was totally giving it up I think she would flat out have said that. Kind of like the way she has forever said words to the effect of I hate the New Moon cover I had no say in its design or meaning.

I think she had to put the statement up because otherwise every single interview that she has coming up she would be asked "Where are you on Midnight Sun".
Daisy
Settled in Forks

Post by Daisy »

My opinion may be an unpopular one but I think Stephenie taking a break from writing in the Twilight universe may be a good thing for Stephenie right now. My stomach dropped when I learned about the leak, I immediately thought of how this must be devistating for her, so I started checking fansites to share my outrage with others and what did I find? Massive hate! What has happened to this fandom? It's been going on for months now and I just don't understand it. When did it become cool to pick apart and ridicule everything she says and does?? I know when someone rises to fame quickly there are always haters and many "fans" think they are justified in there comments because they didn't like a plotline or even an entire book, why then wouldn't you just put the book on your shelf and find another fandom that better fits your taste?

I've been reading this series since 2006, before New Moon was published and the fans were so excited and fun and Stephenie was so gracious and generous with us, and this is how she is repaid? I'm so disgusted with a majority of this fandom lately!

Sorry I got of on a tangent, I'm just so frustrated with the whole situation, I can't even imagine how Stephenie must feel.
Meteora
Settled in Forks

Post by Meteora »

But.... come on??? What about us, her "loyal fans" as she put it. Why do we all have to suffer for some idiot's actions?
I understand your frustration, because we all badly want this book. But would you really want a book that Stephenie herself was unhappy to write and that probably wouldn't be written with the passion it should be written with due to where she was in her own state of mind? I want to read Midnight Sun very badly, but I want it to be something Stephenie is happy with and proud of, and it sounds like right now she can't do that. Maybe in a few months, she will be able to. I will be very disappointed if she chooses never to continue, but I am hopeful that right now she just needs a break and a chance to refuel, physically and emotionally, after what has been a very difficult year for many different reasons, this just being the latest one. Yes, Stephenie has loyal fans who love her and support her, and hopefully in time that will help inspire her to continue. I just hope people can contain their anger at this recent turn of events, or direct it to the correct places, so as to not drive her further over the edge and away from the book we all want.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I am incerdible dissapointed (but not sholced because of this internet world) that someone would leak rough draft of a book. I hope Stephenie and Little,Brown take this person to court and sue them (gosh unless it's like her best friend or sibling who just did a very bad thing and they will feel GUILTY forever :evil: ) because it is compleatly ILLEGAL!!!

I am so heartbroken for Stephenie. It's like someone kidnapped your child. It's going to take her a while to recover.

I am personally torn (I have not read the rough copy) right now. I want to read the story because I am afraid that SM might just decide in the end that, she is done and this is it. I also believe that SM's attatchment to her characters might prevent her from not finishing the book. Edward might make her finish it! I want to read it in book form.

Then there is all the legal bits. If SM is under contrat with Little,Brown, she might not have a choice. When it comes down to legal issues... You don't always get to run the show... unless you choose to pay a lot of money to get out of a contract. It's all about money.

and Edward.

and Stephenie.

and I want to send a big hug to Stephenie and tell her that it's all going to be okay! WE will ALL buy the book and read it NO MATTER WHAT!

I wish we could all send Stephenie flowers!!! She needs the hugs and love right now!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

How could anyone betray Stephenie so? They just ruined everything! Does anyone know if Stephenie will finish and publish Midnight Sun? I couldn't bring my self to read the partial draft, I would rather hold the book in my hands. I feel soo bad for Stephenie, and now I'm all depressed. :cry: STEPHENIE MEYER WE LOVE YOU!!!
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
roxyrae
Settled in Forks

Post by roxyrae »

spookybell wrote: Then there is all the legal bits. If SM is under contrat with Little,Brown, she might not have a choice. When it comes down to legal issues... You don't always get to run the show... unless you choose to pay a lot of money to get out of a contract. It's all about money
Does anyone know if there was a contract signed for Midnight Sun?