Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Either it’s too early or we are afraid of the dreaded 100th page! No posts in the last 6 hours! :o

Today is the premiere of my new banner!!!
Thanks MRK!!! :D

Okay, after turmoil of feelings, I have finished reading The Host. Girls/guys, the book is great! Heartbreaking, happy, sad, intriguing, revolting and sweet! I’ve found the perfect character so far. He is the mix of Edward’s soul and Jake’s body and fire! I know… perfection (if we can believe such thing exists)!

SM has to continue writing. I don’t know how to go by without her books around me. I'm hooked! 8-)
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Check out my new banner!
thanks MRK..
who is this dude, anyway??
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Hey guys,

I haven't been here in a while. I'll catch up soon.
But at the moment I am so shocked about what happened in Belgium.

I wanted to check how far the news has come outside Belgium.
I'm still so shocked. I heard the news yesterday evening on the radio when I drove home from work and imideatly tears rolled down my cheeckes
When I saw the news last night I cried again.

So what happened is that some lunatic that now appears 20 years old went to a childdaycenter painted up as the Joker. He got in (please do not blame the cares or security yet since we have no details about it so far), and started to attac with a knife. One caretaker died and two children. 10 other kids are terrible wounded. Paramedic claime there were blooded children everywhere.

The village where it happend is only 10 minutes from my oderly town. I know it so well. And I worked at another kidsdaycare center for over a year. I immediatly had to think about there. And how we most likely wouldn't be able to stop someone like that either. Even though security and rules were extremy high. It's still a daycare center, no prison.

But the whole country is so shocked. I dreamed about it, and feel so sad.
I just can't believe someone can do something like that.

Luckely they caught him fastly after the actions, cause he was planning to go to other centers after that.

He 'luckely' (know this word is out of place, but still) only had a knife, since weapon (guns) are so strickly registered here and we have a very hard weapon law. They said it would be unlike for any survivers if he had his hands on a gun.
So we can be happy our law about this is strong.

I can't believe it, I still can. One crazy person can destroy so many families. And those wounded kids were between 18 months and 3 years. How will they ever get through this?
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Lieziewiezie - BIG HUG!!! My heart goes out to everyone in Belgium, it truly does. That amount of insanity is unfathomable. There is no way to get over such a thing, but I hope in my heart that the children who survived are so young that they will recover and walk relatively unharmed away from it all.

Everyone! - gorgeous new banners!

We're on page 99 now. Anyone can PM the mod (found in the first post on every thread, just go to it and click PM, then they get to know what thread it is immediately) and just tell them that we have reached 100, an could we please, please, pretty please have a new one. How long it takes depend on when the mod comes on and how many other PM's they have to attend to first. If you PM her (should be Nena for this thread) tell us so, we wouldn't wanna overflow her inbox with requests now, would we?

I have no more computer time today, so I will not do it. I hope you all have good day (Liez, I understand that it might be hard for you, but you will all be in my thoughts!)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

I love the banners made by MRK. :D

Thanks for the make-up tips. It's the brush-kind of liquid eyeliner. I'll start practicing soon so next friday I'll be a pro. :lol: Going out to celebrate my bd a bit late...

Liez.. I heard about that. I haven't read the news for a while because there has been a lot of terrible things going on lately and I tend to take them too heavily. Especially if there's kids involved. What happens is that I read this piece of bad news, can't believe it; and then start to look for more details on it. I don't know what I'm exactly trying to find; maybe someone saying it was all just a big bad joke or that I'm having a bad dream or something... Can't believe how this World has changed to this big dark place. Gets really scary to grow kids here. Nothing huge going on our little town, thankfully. But there's been rumors that one convicted pedophile lives here now, close to some school... :(
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

wow I havent been here in a long time! ::Waves:: hi everyone! :: Hugs:: to Ninna! I really dont feel like going back like 30 pages lol to read posts sorry :(. I have been so busy with school lately and other things its insane. And today I am suppose to have class but I really dont feel good and I dont want to go to school and catch everyone else's germs. So I am going to stick around home for a while and go to work at 330. I have so much reading to do anyways.

So last night I went to see Revolutionary Road with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet.Let me tell you how amazing it was. It was a slow moving movie, but the passion and intensity on screen between the two of them was amazing. I highly recommend it to everyone. I needed a drink after I saw it. It really makes you think about it after its over.

Ninna- Ill PM Nena to let her know we need another thread. I hope she gives it to us because this thread went really fast!! I read your note of FB! <3 ya girlie!

Ok ill be lurking today!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

SenorGimp wrote:Check out my new banner!
thanks MRK..
who is this dude, anyway??
lol...I can't tell if you're being silly or not...so...
it's Jackson Rathbone...Jasper Hale...lol
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

haha MRK love the banner!

and Ninna- I emailed Nena for the new thread! ::crosses fingers:: hope we get it!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Oh my God, my eyeballs are leaking...
I can't believe that someone would do that to a bunch of little kids.
Actually, I have no problem believing it in this day and age, which is what is the tragically sad part, that something so horrible could ever have become less than shocking news.
Lies, how are you holding up?
That's a similar scenario to how I felt when I first heard about the Columbine shootings, only about 20 miles away from where I was living at the time, and I knew 2 of the victims in that shooting, but at least they were 16 and 17, not a bunch of little babies who had never even had a chance at life!
that is SO god awful, I feel ashamed of my humanity right now..

-shakes head to clear it of unwanted thoughts-
And, I know it sounds idiotic, considering that I requested Jasper for my picture, but I have never seen the movie, actually heard that it was quite horrible, and don't picture that guy to be Jasper in any way shape or form..
I think he looks like an excellent example of a Vampire, don't get me wrong, just not Jasper!
But thank you, now I know (and knowing is half the battle) ;)
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

MRK My fellow michigander! I'm in Ann Arbor visiting friends at U of M all the time! Crazy!
Anyway, I hate to ask, but I can't help but notice how awesome you are at making banners. Aaaaand seeing as I'm computer illiterate and have no clue how to make one myself... could I get one too please!? I'd be your biggest fan!!! I like to think that I identify a bit with Alice's character, so i recently decided that shes my favorite.
Don't feel obligated to make me one though, I don't want you putting off your studies.... just thought I'd ask :-)

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! It's sunny out today for the first time in like 3 weeks, so I'm feeling rather perky! Weeeeeeeee!