Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sunshine
Settled in Forks

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by Sunshine »

I have to admit that curiosity got the best of me and I read those first 12 chapters. I don't understand why someone would leak them, that's just wrong. I'm very anxious to read the end of the book though, as that was actually the part I was most looking forward to, so I hope she does finish the book someday. But now, she just needs to relax.
Lisa_bryony
Wandering Through Town

Post by Lisa_bryony »

This is really upsetting, I was so looking forward to having a copy of the book in my possesion, however long it took.

Some people are so impatient and horrible, their selfish acts have ruined it for everyone - including Stephenie Meyer. She is such an amazing writer, I really hope this doesn't put her off adding to the Twilight saga forever. She seems like a lovely person too and I really hope she feels better soon.
Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Persephonie »

Hello,
This is my very first post here and I would like to start by saying how very thankful I am for having found this place, and a medium where our opinons can be shared with other Twilight fans.... and perhaps even with the author herself (if I am so lucky).

I am an older fan. I am in my forties, and so is my husband.
We discovered the Twilight series a couple of months before the release of Breaking Dawn, and we became avid readers from the first page. I have read the series several times since and it's appeal and interest has not dwindled... not even by a little.

These characters, to us, are more than typed out names on a white sheet of paper. They were given a life of their own.... because of Stephenie's great capacity to love. It oozes out of every single page of these books and it makes readers believe in fairy tales and happy endings once again.

I share the grief and sadness surrounding the happenings of these recent events. I can't imagine the sense of betrayal, the anger, the sadness and the rage the author must be feeling at the moment. All I can hope for is that she will take the time she needs to heal, and come back stronger than before.

However I believe that not finishing this book, would be a far greater crime than the one that was committed.

If I may direct these next words to Stephenie herself.
The reasons that prompted you to want to write Midnight Sun, and actually start writing it, are still very much there. They exist and they are valid maybe even more so now than when it first began. I understand you didn't want your fans to start getting into this book before it was finished, but... even before these chapters were leaked to the net, you watered our pallet when your website linked us to an early draft of Chapter 1. We read it... and we instantly wanted more.

This book, needs to be written. Edward, needed his voice you said... well now that he started to sing, you can't take his voice away. You as a writer, need to finish this book, because you owe it to yourself first and foremost, because you owe it to these characters you created, and you owe it to your fans as well.

"Love conquering all" is the underlying message of this series. Let that love bring you back to that happy place you need to find yourself in once again, and let's see Midnight Sun completed and finished, so it can sit on your reader's bookshelves right next to Twilight for them to go back to again, and again.
bwaywriter
Settled in Forks

Post by bwaywriter »

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=74123635260

Please join that group to petition the completion of Midnight Sun and show love and support for Stephenie!
Lisa_bryony
Wandering Through Town

Post by Lisa_bryony »

bwaywriter wrote:http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=74123635260

Please join that group to petition the completion of Midnight Sun and show love and support for Stephenie!
I don't mean this rudely but I won't be signing that petition because although it's meant in the nicest way, I still feel like having lots of people sign a petition would just end up being another pressure for Stephenie Meyer and
to be honest, although it's upsetting, this should be less about the potential book and more about what's happened to her as an author.
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

Persephonie wrote:Hello,
This is my very first post here and I would like to start by saying how very thankful I am for having found this place, and a medium where our opinons can be shared with other Twilight fans.... and perhaps even with the author herself (if I am so lucky).

I am an older fan. I am in my forties, and so is my husband.
We discovered the Twilight series a couple of months before the release of Breaking Dawn, and we became avid readers from the first page. I have read the series several times since and it's appeal and interest has not dwindled... not even by a little.

These characters, to us, are more than typed out names on a white sheet of paper. They were given a life of their own.... because of Stephenie's great capacity to love. It oozes out of every single page of these books and it makes readers believe in fairy tales and happy endings once again.

I share the grief and sadness surrounding the happenings of these recent events. I can't imagine the sense of betrayal, the anger, the sadness and the rage the author must be feeling at the moment. All I can hope for is that she will take the time she needs to heal, and come back stronger than before.

However I believe that not finishing this book, would be a far greater crime than the one that was committed.

If I may direct these next words to Stephenie herself.
The reasons that prompted you to want to write Midnight Sun, and actually start writing it, are still very much there. They exist and they are valid maybe even more so now than when it first began. I understand you didn't want your fans to start getting into this book before it was finished, but... even before these chapters were leaked to the net, you watered our pallet when your website linked us to an early draft of Chapter 1. We read it... and we instantly wanted more.

This book, needs to be written. Edward, needed his voice you said... well now that he started to sing, you can't take his voice away. You as a writer, need to finish this book, because you owe it to yourself first and foremost, because you owe it to these characters you created, and you owe it to your fans as well.

"Love conquering all" is the underlying message of this series. Let that love bring you back to that happy place you need to find yourself in once again, and let's see Midnight Sun completed and finished, so it can sit on your reader's bookshelves right next to Twilight for them to go back to again, and again.
That is beautiful...
<3
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
Smitten
Settled in Forks

Post by Smitten »

I hope in time we will get to hear the rest of Edwards story...we know how it ends but I so much have been waiting to hear it from Edward.

I debated about reading the partial draft Stephanie posted. I gave in and I am so glad I did.

I am sad that someone would betray her trust and leak Midnight Sun, intentionally or not. I am hopeful, that in time, Stephanie will finish Midnight Sun.

Please dont silence Edward...his side of the story needs to be told.

A fan...
Christine!
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Christine! »

I think it was a terrible thing for someone to do, to leak her work like that.
It's not like it would benefit them in anyway. And I'm sure if the fans find out who it was, they will be chased after by an angry mob.
I'm really hoping that when Stephenie realizes how much support she has behind her, that maybe she will eventually be able to write Midnight Sun.
previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Post by nikie_nikz »

Persephonie wrote:This book, needs to be written. Edward, needed his voice you said... well now that he started to sing, you can't take his voice away. You as a writer, need to finish this book, because you owe it to yourself first and foremost, because you owe it to these characters you created, and you owe it to your fans as well.

AMEN. I wish I could express myself as clearly and eloquently as you.
"What fools these mortals be!"
I'll Take The Aston
Settled in Forks

Post by I'll Take The Aston »

I was seriously P-I-S-S-E-D when I heard somone had leaked Midnight Sun on the Internet. I remember reading the first chapter a year ago, and getting so excited. But now that some idiot has released it, everyone will probably have to wait about one to two years before she even starts to write it again. Yeah, I saved the partial draft to my computer and read it. Guilty pleasure. Sorry. But I could see all the mistakes and what she wanted to come back to and change. I wasn't satisfied with it all. And now, if (not when) she publishes Midnight Sun, hopefully I'll have forgotten I read it by then, I'll be over Twilight (maybe). Anyway, I guess it's my fault but the person who posted it was selfish and malicious. And thanks to one person's stupidity, we all must suffer.
I put the fresh in FRESHMAN!